• Andrew Taylor

#4074  by JohnW
 Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:27 pm
Tweets out there saying he has withdrawn from school. Updating to say he is no longer on the roster.
 #4078  by Monday
 Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:59 pm
I had heard there was another social media incident with him this summer. Maybe, our biggest recruit in years was too much of a character problem.

In any regard, this is a bummer and adds to the list of things going against us this offseason.

On the bright side, it ends the question about which freshman will get red-shirted.
 #4079  by apaladin
 Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:05 pm
Dang, the Furman basketball curse is alive and well. One of the things I was looking forward to this year was watching him play.
FU69 and 1 others liked this
 #4081  by SidBreamScores
 Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:17 pm
That’s too bad. I was looking forward to watching AT as well. In fact, this last year was the first time in a long while that I closely followed our recruits during the season. But, AT was not the only one I was excited about - love the freshman and in particular I can’t wait to see what Mr. Bothwell can do! And, as a Fayette Co. Ga kid myself, I am really looking forward to seeing Noah Gurley get out there.
 #4084  by fufanatic
 Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:36 pm
Big bummer. Curious to see where he ends up.
 #4096  by gman
 Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:50 pm
Heard this last week. Why am I not surprised?
Last edited by gman on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #4098  by Paul C
 Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:16 pm
I didn't hear anything about a social media incident. And might not be as painful as initially thought....apparently Bothwell and Jaylon Pugh have looked really good so far.
 #4099  by tya1
 Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:05 pm
Disappointing turn of events. I thought Taylor's game was an outstanding fit for what we want to do offensively. He probably needed some time to pick up the defense, but sometimes excellent scorers are told to avoid foul trouble by their high school coaches, and don't show what they are capable of on defense.

Looks like we need four recruits now.
 #4101  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:26 pm
FU Basketball curse indeed strikes again
tim, FU69 liked this
 #4103  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:33 pm
Not very many ball handlers on this team now, if we have 1 more injury we are going to be wishing Jon Jean was still here
 #4111  by tim
 Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:33 am
Monday wrote:
I had heard there was another social media incident with him this summer. Maybe, our biggest recruit in years was too much of a character problem.

In any regard, this is a bummer and adds to the list of things going against us this offseason.

On the bright side, it ends the question about which freshman will get red-shirted.
There is no bright side here. Also I doubt Andrew Taylor has a character problem
FU69 and 1 others liked this
 #4112  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:40 am
Seems things went fine during summer ball with the team

Then school starts and you insert more of the FU student body, wonder if some of those people were messing with him and he decided being at FU was not worth it. Anybody know what went down?
 #4115  by Monday
 Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:59 pm
tim wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:33 am
Monday wrote:

There is no bright side here. Also I doubt Andrew Taylor has a character problem
It seemed BR pulled a lot of strings to get Taylor here after all the bad publicity. One could argue BR put his own reputation on the line. So, for Taylor to dip before the season starts is, at minimum, showing BR very little gratitude.

And there's always a bright side.
gman liked this
 #4117  by cavedweller2
 Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:20 pm
It's possible Andy Taylor got caught up in some shenanigans with the fun girls from Mt. Pilot.
Paladawg liked this