• New Bellhop Logo

#41125  by AstroDin
 Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:59 pm
DiamonDin wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:08 pm
FUPlayer74 is correct in his discussion of the timing of the “Diamond F”. I would add that it was coach Steve Robertson who asked me to come up with a design for the helmet. I was an art major who had designed a couple of things for football so I guess that was why he contacted me. His only input was that it be something simple, like the Cowboy’s star. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect it to still be in use almost 50 years later!
Thanks for leaving a comment - this is Geno
 #41126  by Furmanoid
 Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:18 pm
Well, I had this completely wrong, but I’m glad we went down this rabbit hole and found out who should get credit for this logo. It’s great that it was a student and even better that he’s still around.
 #41135  by dornb
 Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:07 pm
DiamonDin wrote:
FUPlayer74 is correct in his discussion of the timing of the “Diamond F”. I would add that it was coach Steve Robertson who asked me to come up with a design for the helmet. I was an art major who had designed a couple of things for football so I guess that was why he contacted me. His only input was that it be something simple, like the Cowboy’s star. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect it to still be in use almost 50 years later!
That is an awesome story! We have the classiest logo! Thank you, DiamonDin!
 #41139  by The Jackal
 Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:45 pm
Went back and looked at the early 60s Bonhomies online. The former helmet - a purple lid with a white knight chess piece was a unique look. That would be an interesting logo to incorporate into the football program some how.

I do think it best that the coaching staff not bring back the short shorts with oversized collars, though.
 #41141  by FUBeAR
 Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:07 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:45 pm
Went back and looked at the early 60s Bonhomies online. The former helmet - a purple lid with a white knight chess piece was a unique look. That would be an interesting logo to incorporate into the football program some how.

I do think it best that the coaching staff not bring back the short shorts with oversized collars, though.
How do we report blasphemy to the Admins?
 #41143  by cavedweller2
 Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:41 am
I thought it was GK who invented the Paladin nickname and the Diamond F.
 #41148  by Rokawaylifer
 Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:15 pm
Coach Robertson was the best. I remember all the coaches would eat in the dining hall. With us kids. They were all great guys and regular. I’d chat all of them up. Coach baker, Sheridan, satterfield, to name a few. Robbie I think was a grad asst.. What a staff. So we mere students got to know them up close and personal. I guess it was just a different time. Actually it was pretty special.
AstroDin wrote:
DiamonDin wrote:
apaladin liked this
 #41154  by gman84
 Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:15 am
DiamonDin wrote:
Dennis, sorry I drew a blank on your last name...senior moment! ;)
 #41222  by gofurman
 Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:17 am
AstroDin wrote:
DiamonDin wrote:
I would like to echo this comment - Thank you for what you did DiamonDin !!!!!!!
apaladin liked this
 #41224  by JohnKX512
 Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:13 pm
Hey DiamonDin, Curious if you were ever consulted about other logo designs?

Also, I would love to bring back a chess knight logo more than the new logo. I never heard of that even though my dad played during those years.