• New Field Turf

#41086  by Rokawaylifer
 Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:04 pm
Flag, I’m prolly outvoted but don’t particularly care for the all purple end zones. They are just meh to me. I would have preferred purple and white checkerboard. That’s just me. Great to see new stuff going in though.
Flagman wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:01 pm
Love the Purple end zones!
 #41087  by AstroDin
 Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:28 am
^^^
My take is the solid Purple end zones with block letters are ON brand for what the current staff has done with program branding since they arrived. (lettering on the uniforms)

I think checkerboard and argyle patterns are cool IF there is a history (Penn St and Tenn). I think in Paladin Stadium's case the purple end zones frame the field nicely. I'd have to see this in person but all the photos I've seen so far show this field to have a lot more pop than the old field.

In the end, design is subjective. My guess is someone wanted a bold field impact and a little more brand emphasis.
gman84, FU69 liked this
 #41089  by FUBeAR
 Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:38 am
AstroDin wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:28 am
^^^
My take is the solid Purple end zones with block letters are ON brand for what the current staff has done with program branding since they arrived. (lettering on the uniforms)

I think checkerboard and argyle patterns are cool IF there is a history (Penn St and Tenn). I think in Paladin Stadium's case the purple end zones frame the field nicely. I'd have to see this in person but all the photos I've seen so far show this field to have a lot more pop than the old field.

In the end, design is subjective. My guess is someone wanted a bold field impact and a little more brand emphasis.
<F> @ midfield?

Check. Let’s play ball!!
apaladin, gofurman, MNORM liked this
 #41150  by Rokawaylifer
 Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:34 pm
I promise to never say another thing about the endowment. But I woulda like to see purple checkerboards. Just one mans opinion. The huge blast of purple in those end zones is a little much.

quote="Sad Din" post_id=41003 time=1623189581 user_id=730]
He said what maybe some folks were thinking....

[/quote]
 #41166  by JohnKX512
 Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:15 pm
Field looks great. I hope it stays crisp longer than the last one. I feel like after 2 years it was immediately looking like old astroturf.

Also, where is this info that Lax would move to Latham?
 #41172  by apaladin
 Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:28 am
JohnKX512 wrote:
Field looks great. I hope it stays crisp longer than the last one. I feel like after 2 years it was immediately looking like old astroturf.

Just speculation about the womens lacrosse moving to Latham. Prolly because they have been given the indoor baseball practice facility. I guess they could use it for practice. Official announcement says they will use Paladin Stadium. Isn’t lacrosse played in late winter/spring? Not sure. If that is the case there is no need to add lacrosse lines yet.
 #41174  by Roundball
 Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:43 am
apaladin wrote:
JohnKX512 wrote:

Just speculation about the womens lacrosse moving to Latham. Prolly because they have been given the indoor baseball practice facility. I guess they could use it for practice. Official announcement says they will use Paladin Stadium. Isn’t lacrosse played in late winter/spring? Not sure. If that is the case there is no need to add lacrosse lines yet.
What makes you think they have been “given” the indoor baseball practice facility? Even if true, that facility is certainly not large enough to practice in.
 #41178  by apaladin
 Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:34 am
Roundball wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:43 am
apaladin wrote:
JohnKX512 wrote:

What makes you think they have been “given” the indoor baseball practice facility? Even if true, that facility is certainly not large enough to practice in.
It was reported in the baseball thread that the keys to the 3 million dollar baseball facility have been given to the womens lacrosse team. I meant they could practice at Latham not inside.
 #41181  by apaladin
 Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:32 pm
This thing still has a long way to go. For example what is and is not an educational benefit. It doesn’t mean schools can begin paying players yet. However if players are to be treated as employees that opens a whole new can of worms like taxes, the IRS and unions.
 #41347  by Sir William
 Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:05 am
Happened to be at Paladin Stadium yesterday and saw the new field. Looks absolutely fantastic! Purple end zones really pop!
apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.