• Tough stretch

#40879  by Louis Tully
 Tue May 25, 2021 4:28 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:52 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 3:32 pm
Not having a practice facility is weird. They had one in the Joe Williams days. Did they tear it down?
They practiced in the “Old Gym” in FUBeAR’s day. Other than Football Coaches lunchtime pickup games, it was dedicated to Men’s Hoops. Those FU Hoops Teams won Championships.

I think we had a Women’s Team at the time & I think they practiced in the PAC.

Both buildings are still standing. So, with Timmons, we have 3 Basketball Buildings on campus.

Prolly wants a dedicated S&C Center for Hoops. I think a lot of the Teams have to share what exists now…

I know we won a bunch of SoCon Football Championships with 2 benches, 1 incline bench, 2 squat racks, 2 deadlift pads, 2 sets of dip bars, a few dumbbells, 2 Nautilus machines, and a rarely-used Universal Multi-Station rig in the basement of the “Old Gym.” And that was after a major upgrade.

Get off my lawn. Win something.
If the asphalt courts are still down the hill behind the old gym we have 4 basketball facilities on campus.
 #40880  by FUBeAR
 Tue May 25, 2021 5:30 pm
Louis Tully wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
Not having a practice facility is weird. They had one in the Joe Williams days. Did they tear it down?
They practiced in the “Old Gym” in FUBeAR’s day. Other than Football Coaches lunchtime pickup games, it was dedicated to Men’s Hoops. Those FU Hoops Teams won Championships.

Both buildings are still standing. So, with Timmons, we have 3 Basketball Buildings on campus.

Prolly wants a dedicated S&C Center for Hoops. I think a lot of the Teams have to share what exists now…

I know we won a bunch of SoCon Football Championships with 2 benches, 1 incline bench, 2 squat racks, 2 deadlift pads, 2 sets of dip bars, a few dumbbells, 2 Nautilus machines, and a rarely-used Universal Multi-Station rig in the basement of the “Old Gym.” And that was after a major upgrade.

If the asphalt courts are still down the hill behind the old gym we have 4 basketball facilities on campus.
ImageNope…just the 3.
 #40882  by Louis Tully
 Tue May 25, 2021 6:19 pm
Duh.
 #40883  by Louis Tully
 Tue May 25, 2021 6:20 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:30 pm
Louis Tully wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:

ImageNope…just the 3.
Oh well. All good things must end.
 #40888  by Furmanoid
 Wed May 26, 2021 9:04 am
Roundball wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:33 pm
The basketball court in the old gym was not regulation size. Is the court still there? Why am I thinking there is not one because it was converted to the women's volleyball facility?

Update. It's the old Alley Gym, now the home of Furman volleyball.https://furmanpaladins.com/facilities/alley-gymnasium/5
Maybe we should go back to practicing on a non regulation court.
 #40893  by FUBeAR
 Wed May 26, 2021 2:24 pm
paladinfan12 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 1:10 pm
There are 2 asphalt courts behind Blackwell on E-Field
Yessir - there ya go…

Throw up a Butler Building over these … BOOM! … dedicated MBB Practice Facility.

Problem solved, Coach retained.

Now…go win something.
 #40894  by Sad Din
 Wed May 26, 2021 6:25 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:24 pm
paladinfan12 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 1:10 pm
There are 2 asphalt courts behind Blackwell on E-Field
Yessir - there ya go…

Throw up a Butler Building over these … BOOM! … dedicated MBB Practice Facility.

Problem solved, Coach retained.

Now…go win something.
Most teams have dreary smelly cramped indoor courts. Dins have spacious, natural, green outdoor courts!

Good recruiter could sell that!
FUBeAR liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.