• “EWU Interim President to give recommendation on division status Friday.”

#40830  by Louis Tully
 Fri May 21, 2021 9:50 am
Interim Presidents shouldn't be allowed to make these kind of decisions. Probably brought in as a hatchet man.
underjack liked this
 #40855  by FUBeAR
 Sat May 22, 2021 5:15 pm
Atta guy!

“The president’s recommendation was one of the options outlined in a report generated by The PICTOR Group, a Nevada-based consultant hired by EWU in September.

As pitched in February by Cary Groth, The PICTOR Group’s CEO, the model would fund high-profile programs – such as football and basketball – at current levels, while diminishing funding to the remaining sports.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021 ... cs-make-c/
 #40878  by Furmanoid
 Tue May 25, 2021 12:22 pm
That interim President is getting push back from some pointy headed physics teacher in the faculty organization.

I looked at their report, and their sports revenues look a shade higher than ours while their expenditures may be a little less. I guess the school as a whole is hurting or otherwise I don’t see the crisis. Their website says they offer degrees in Gender Studies, Africana Studies and Addiction Studies. I suggest they eliminate the bogus degree programs and leave sports alone.
 #40884  by FurmAlum
 Tue May 25, 2021 9:16 pm
If my son or daughter went to a school and said they were going to major in gender studies, Africana studies, or addiction studies, I would revoke their tuition and make them work in the cotton mill. (If we still had any).

P.S. I grew up in a small mill town in N.C. My Dad made me work in the local cotton mill in the summer of 1971. At the end of the summer he asked me what I had learned. I said I learned how to cuss and also why I needed to get a good education.
 #42563  by The Jackal
 Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:30 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 5:15 pm
Atta guy!

“The president’s recommendation was one of the options outlined in a report generated by The PICTOR Group, a Nevada-based consultant hired by EWU in September.

As pitched in February by Cary Groth, The PICTOR Group’s CEO, the model would fund high-profile programs – such as football and basketball – at current levels, while diminishing funding to the remaining sports.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021 ... cs-make-c/

I thought this was an interesting quote:
“If we’re going to remain Division I Big Sky athletics, and I’m making an argument very publicly that this is important for the community and beyond, I hope that community will hear what I’m saying,” May said.
I expect the Big Sky has a lot of expenses. It is geographically a large conference and, I expect, a lot of travel expenses for non-bussable games.

That aside, I think the trend nationally is for athletic programs to figure out how to be self-sustaining outside of University budgets.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.