• SoCon Tournament stays in Asheville

#40824  by Affirm
 Fri May 21, 2021 7:56 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:29 am
The geographic center of the SoCon (10 schools’ long./lat. coordinates) is here…

1685 E Poinsett Street Extension, Greer, SC
(conveniently located nearby the Persecuted Tattoo shop - Players could add some new ink between games…if only there were also a nearby basketball arena)

This address is 18 miles from Bon Secours Wellness Arena, North Academy Street, Greenville, SC.

This address is 65 miles from Harrah's Cherokee Center - Asheville, Haywood Street, Asheville, NC.

Please continue your discussion.

Note - for those interested, the geographic center of the Football SoCon is 493 Belle Shoals Rd, Six Mile, SC 29682.
SoCon basketball tourney could be held at Byrnes HS, only 6 minutes from that Greer address you found. If Byrnes is not available, Greer HS and Riverside HS are 2 other possibilities within 13 minutes drive of that Greer address. BMW could be the chief sponsor.
From the SoCon football central point, Death Valley is a 23 minute drive and Paladin Stadium is a 33 minute drive. Pickens HS is 14 minutes, and Daniel HS is 15 minutes. Maybe get there faster if apaladin is driving.
 #40825  by PaladinPower
 Fri May 21, 2021 8:52 am
This whole discussion thread is dumb... I give a rat's about the citizens in the city that attend the Socon basketball tourney. All I care about is watching good basketball, eating good food, and drinking good beer, which Asheville has plenty of. Not sure what all the fuss is about...
Roundball, Stumpy, din23 and 4 others liked this
 #40828  by purplehorse
 Fri May 21, 2021 9:19 am
By my math and physics Paladium stadium is closer to the Bon Secours than Asheville if you drove the speed limit, kept both hands on the wheel, and COVID 19 was a non-factor! I think most So Con baseball fans would agree. Problem solved. Of course we still need a dual threat quarterback at least as good as Gurley. Carey on.
FUBeAR, Louis Tully liked this
 #40832  by Louis Tully
 Fri May 21, 2021 9:54 am
PaladinPower wrote:
This whole discussion thread is dumb... I give a rat's about the citizens in the city that attend the Socon basketball tourney. All I care about is watching good basketball, eating good food, and drinking good beer, which Asheville has plenty of. Not sure what all the fuss is about...
Don't forget the weirdo watching. Asheville has a lot of freaks and weirdos.
apaladin liked this
 #40834  by FUBeAR
 Fri May 21, 2021 10:40 am
PaladinPower wrote:
This whole discussion thread is dumb...
Dumb?

Are you saying you knew the Basketball & Football Geographic Centers of the SoCon BEFORE reading this thread. FUBeAR’s droppin’ pearls and y’all dissin’ these edification opportunities.

To quote David Letterman’s Catchphrase #5 (circa 1984)…

“I do, and I do, and I do for you kids. And this is the thanks I get!”
furpop16, FU69 liked this
 #40842  by Roundball
 Sat May 22, 2021 5:49 am
Louis Tully wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:54 am
PaladinPower wrote:
Don't forget the weirdo watching. Asheville has a lot of freaks and weirdos.
That is one of the great qualities of Asheville.
 #40970  by tim
 Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:36 am
Might want to skip that trip to Asheville. News reports say the police have stopped responding to 911 theft calls due to the shortage caused by 84 policemen leaving the force due to anti-police protests. SOCON might want to rethink this.
apaladin, underjack liked this
 #40986  by FUBeAR
 Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:02 am
tim wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:36 am
Might want to skip that trip to Asheville. News reports say the police have stopped responding to 911 theft calls due to the shortage caused by 84 policemen leaving the force due to anti-police protests. SOCON might want to rethink this.
Source: https://www.wyff4.com/article/ashevill ... o/36611719
 #40990  by apaladin
 Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:35 am
Gonna be like San Francisco. 19 Walgreens have closed in SF due to theft which police will not, can not respnond to. Did you see the films of people walking into stores getting a bunch of stuff and then just walking out without paying? Asheville will see the same. Agree Asheville should reconsider since police protection will be minimal if not non-existent. Will you be comfortable leaving your car for several hours knowing it could be broken into, vandalized or stolen?
underjack liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.