• New QB

#40709  by Paul C
 Sun May 16, 2021 2:47 pm
Look like he had offers from Southern Miss, W&M in addition to Charlotte. Also graduated from HS after his Jr year.

Seems to be a legit candidate to challenge Sisson.
 #40713  by tim
 Sun May 16, 2021 3:58 pm
'Gotta like the name anyway.
 #40714  by tim
 Sun May 16, 2021 4:18 pm
Its a good day, we just got stronger at qb.
 #40721  by apaladin
 Mon May 17, 2021 2:54 am
i didn't see any deep throws. :mrgreen: :lol:
 #40725  by Furmanoid
 Mon May 17, 2021 7:18 am
Both glaring problems from the Spring have been addressed in short order. I think CH has had enough of this losing crap.
DeepPurple, Sad Din, underjack and 2 others liked this
 #40727  by DeepPurple
 Mon May 17, 2021 7:48 am
The Transfer portal Taketh and the Transfer portal giveth!
 #40728  by The Jackal
 Mon May 17, 2021 7:54 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Both glaring problems from the Spring have been addressed in short order. I think CH has had enough of this losing crap.

At this point, I think all it means is that there will be competition this summer.

I would say this about any program - transfers are not a panacea. This kid didn't play much (at all?) at a middling C-USA school. Maybe he's a stud. Maybe he isn't.

It looks like going into this summer we will have 4 scholarship QBs (Sisson, Shiflett, Minson, and Wilson). That's a much deeper bench than we had this spring.
bj93 liked this
 #40730  by Furmanoid
 Mon May 17, 2021 8:51 am
The Jackal wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:

At this point, I think all it means is that there will be competition this summer.

I would say this about any program - transfers are not a panacea. This kid didn't play much (at all?) at a middling C-USA school. Maybe he's a stud. Maybe he isn't.

It looks like going into this summer we will have 4 scholarship QBs (Sisson, Shiflett, Minson, and Wilson). That's a much deeper bench than we had this spring.
Not saying this guy is a lock or anything like that. I’m just saying that clearly the QB position has been identified as an opportunity for improvement (or weak link). Moves have been made to address that. I think we are bringing in 3 (counting a walk on). With 5 competing, the odds are good that we will have improved QB play.

And on the O line, it certainly appears that CH will be in charge for a minute. So both glaring problems are at least getting attention. It is good to see evidence that the staff is identifying problem areas and fixing them. I bet the playbook is getting attention as well.
DeepPurple liked this
 #40731  by The Jackal
 Mon May 17, 2021 10:18 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:51 am
The Jackal wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:

Not saying this guy is a lock or anything like that. I’m just saying that clearly the QB position has been identified as an opportunity for improvement (or weak link). Moves have been made to address that. I think we are bringing in 3 (counting a walk on). With 5 competing, the odds are good that we will have improved QB play.

And on the O line, it certainly appears that CH will be in charge for a minute. So both glaring problems are at least getting attention. It is good to see evidence that the staff is identifying problem areas and fixing them. I bet the playbook is getting attention as well.

On a positive note, this spring gave Furman a long look at players without a real sacrifice of eligibility.
gman84, DeepPurple liked this
 #40735  by gofurman
 Mon May 17, 2021 1:18 pm
Not a slight on Hamp at all. you always want depth. Better competition in practice...ability to substitute QBs if someone is off durin game etc. Will be interesting to watch
FU69, QCGlue liked this