• Baseball Facility

#40457  by Roundball
 Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:23 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:34 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:37 pm
Not surprising, this fits right in with the ED agenda. Clempson is reinstating the 4 minor sports they axed because Covid did not have the effect on them that they thought it would. Wonder if they could talk to ED. Ok nevermind. Can’t talk to a dictator.
Can you give us the inside information on the agenda of Elizabeth Davis?
Still waiting.
 #40652  by Rokawaylifer
 Wed May 12, 2021 10:59 pm
Hey I’m one note Johnny here. But I’m still still waiting for an explanation retraction or otherwise I messed up statement of the endowment loss laugher excuse in the press release as a lame excuse to drop baseball. That Line made me decide to never trust another thing this university publicly said or give them a single cent. I know they dont care though. They have their supporters who are happy with mediocrity.

Roundball wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:23 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:34 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:37 pm
Not surprising, this fits right in with the ED agenda. Clempson is reinstating the 4 minor sports they axed because Covid did not have the effect on them that they thought it would. Wonder if they could talk to ED. Ok nevermind. Can’t talk to a dictator.
Can you give us the inside information on the agenda of Elizabeth Davis?
Still waiting.
 #40660  by Affirm
 Thu May 13, 2021 11:29 am
1. Many legitimate reasons can be cited for baseball having being cut, long-term consistent MEDIOCRITY being one of them.
2. Other than any parts of the endowment that were given specifically for intercollegiate sports, endowment earnings should be used either not at all or only very, very minimally for Division 1 sports operation. Our endowment is already not all that big. Some see it as big, but when compared to numerous other colleges similar to Furman, it is not all that big and smaller than many colleges similar to Furman.
 #40664  by apaladin
 Thu May 13, 2021 3:01 pm
........and Furman is still the only school in the country to kill baseball. Nothing like we were led to believe. In the state of SC the only 2 D1 or D2 schools that do not have baseball are Furman and SC State. :shock: :o :(
 #40666  by Affirm
 Thu May 13, 2021 4:04 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 3:01 pm
........and Furman is still the only school in the country to kill baseball. Nothing like we were led to believe. In the state of SC the only 2 D1 or D2 schools that do not have baseball are Furman and SC State. :shock: :o :(
So people who WANT to go to college baseball games in SC have more than enough other options.
 #40667  by FU3
 Thu May 13, 2021 4:05 pm
affirm wrote:
1. Many legitimate reasons can be cited for baseball having being cut, long-term consistent MEDIOCRITY being one of them.
2. Other than any parts of the endowment that were given specifically for intercollegiate sports, endowment earnings should be used either not at all or only very, very minimally for Division 1 sports operation. Our endowment is already not all that big. Some see it as big, but when compared to numerous other colleges similar to Furman, it is not all that big and smaller than many colleges similar to Furman.
The problem is the that many “legitimate “ reasons have not been produced by the current administration. The excuse that the endowment dropping during the initial stages of the pandemic was a cause is illustrative of the come up with a reason,any reason to rationalize the move....news flash the endowment is now up significantly. ED has a distinct lack of transparency in her views and visions of athletics at Furman and given the publicity and donor blind siding debacle in the dropping of baseball and lacrosse her “plan” going forward is not something that in my mind should generate a whole lot of confidence.
FU69 liked this
 #40668  by Affirm
 Thu May 13, 2021 9:51 pm
FU3 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 4:05 pm
affirm wrote:
The problem is the that many “legitimate “ reasons have not been produced by the current administration. The excuse that the endowment dropping during the initial stages of the pandemic was a cause is illustrative of the come up with a reason,any reason to rationalize the move....news flash the endowment is now up significantly. ED has a distinct lack of transparency in her views and visions of athletics at Furman and given the publicity and donor blind siding debacle in the dropping of baseball and lacrosse her “plan” going forward is not something that in my mind should generate a whole lot of confidence.
Some of the many reasons were stated. Others are understandable to persons who are willing to open their eyes to see clearly and their minds to think clearly.
The statements are adequate.
No additional statements are needed, and no additional statements should be made.
And, so what if endowment has increased over the last year?
See #2 of what I wrote.
Dr. Davis is performing and has performed her job as Furman’s President outstandingly well, under very difficult circumstances that apply currently and for the foreseeable future to higher education in a very widespread manner, and that apply even more for colleges that are truly similar to Furman.
There was no so-called “debacle”.
If there were to be more transparency, I believe and I expect that it would likely be evident that Furman should: (A) drop additional sports and/or move to Pioneer Football League; or (B)move to the Division 3 level of intercollegiate athletics for the same reasons that excellent colleges are in Division 3.
Yeah — that’s the kind of transparency I would like to see, for the good of Furman University and ALL it’s future students.
I realize that kind of true transparency would be very difficult and cause additional lack of understanding and additional lack of acceptance.
I recognize and accept that those being criticized are doing the best possible possible job.
At least, I have seen no evidence to make me think otherwise - just repetitive complaining and whining.
Roundball, furmandad liked this
 #40671  by FUBeAR
 Fri May 14, 2021 7:49 am
affirm wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:51 pm
just repetitive
Paladin82, tim liked this
 #40684  by Sad Din
 Fri May 14, 2021 5:43 pm
Its very simple... we want baseball back.

No self respecting D1 National University doesnt have a baseball team.

Duke and Davidson have ladies field hockey. Add something like that. Its good company to keep
apaladin, FU69 liked this
 #40686  by tim
 Sat May 15, 2021 6:23 am
Good college presidents shine during difficult times. All we will see from this one is cutting and downsizing, nothing innovative.
apaladin, FU69 liked this
 #40688  by Affirm
 Sat May 15, 2021 2:39 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Its very simple... we want baseball back.

No self respecting D1 National University doesnt have a baseball team.

Duke and Davidson have ladies field hockey. Add something like that. Its good company to keep
I’m fine with wanting baseball back.
I’m not fine with disrespecting or attacking a very good president of Furman.
Self-respecting D-1 without baseball?
Here are some of them:
•American University
•Southern Methodist University
•University of Colorado
•University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
•Boston University
•Colgate University
•Furman University
•University of Wisconsin
•Syracuse University
•Iowa State University
Here’s another important fact to consider: One reason for Furman to consider Division 3 might be that it could be a good way for Furman to bring back baseball. There are MANY excellent colleges that have baseball and that are Division 3.
(You cannot alway have everything.
Perhaps you can have baseball but not have D1. Perhaps you can have baseball and D1 including Pioneer League Football. Maybe you can just be mediocre at whatever. You have to make choices. You have to decide.)
Last edited by Affirm on Sat May 15, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #40689  by FUBeAR
 Sat May 15, 2021 2:46 pm
affirm wrote:
Does this apply to very good Football Coaches of Furman…or nah?
 #40690  by Louis Tully
 Sat May 15, 2021 3:09 pm
affirm wrote:
Sad Din wrote:

No one is disrespecting Dr. Johns.
He is the most recent "good" President.
apaladin, FUBeAR, bj93 and 1 others liked this
 #40691  by Affirm
 Sat May 15, 2021 3:11 pm
Louis Tully wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 3:09 pm
affirm wrote:
Sad Din wrote:

No one is disrespecting Dr. Johns.
He is the most recent "good" President.
How many years ago was he chosen?
 #40692  by Affirm
 Sat May 15, 2021 3:14 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 2:46 pm
affirm wrote:
Does this apply to very good Football Coaches of Furman…or nah?
Leading question.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.