• Week 4

#4048  by Paul C
 Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:39 pm
Here's how the oddsmaker's see week 4 in the SoCon

Western Carolina -24 vs VMI
Mercer -7.5 vs Citadel
Samford -3.5 at Chattanooga
Furman -17 at ETSU (the over/under is 52, which means they see a Furman win 35-17)
 #4055  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:58 pm
I would agree with the Winners they choose. Good weekend of games. In addition to ours ... CITADEL could very probably be 0-3 in Conference !!! How sweet is that possibility. But not worth much of we lose to
ETSU. I’ll be pulling for Chattanooga. I want losses on Samford and Wofford etc
 #4060  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:16 pm
gofurman wrote:
I’ll be pulling for Chattanooga. I want losses on Samford and Wofford etc
Samford is 0-1 in the SoCon. Chatt is 1-0. Unless you have a crystal ball or are an expert prognosticator, pulling for Samford to win is the safer bet here. You want Chatt to get that 1 loss collar now and worry about Samford (and Chatt) getting multiple losses later, if necessary. Right now, FU is tied for 1st in the SoCon loss column with Wofford, Mercer, WCU, ETSU, and Chatt.

So...you're rooting interests this week should, IMO, be...

Furman (of course)
Samford
Citadel (as hard as that may be to do)
VMI
"Bye" who is @ Wofford...maybe hope for a Player mutiny or similar
MNORM liked this
 #4062  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:14 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Samford is 0-1 in the SoCon. Chatt is 1-0. Unless you have a crystal ball or are an expert prognosticator, pulling for Samford to win is the safer bet here. You want Chatt to get that 1 loss collar now and worry about Samford (and Chatt) getting multiple losses later, if necessary. Right now, FU is tied for 1st in the SoCon loss column with Wofford, Mercer, WCU, ETSU, and Chatt.

Furman (of course)
Samford
VMI
Yep. I get it. Just hard to pull for Citadel
 #4114  by The Jackal
 Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:16 pm
Circle that Samford/UTC game.

UTC is playing much better and another loss and Samford has gone from conference frontrunner to playoff bubble team before September is even over. A loss in Chattanooga and the Dogs would essentially have zero margin for error the rest of the season (with Kennesaw, Wofford, Furman, and WCU still on the schedule)
 #4132  by AlValonge
 Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:28 am
We need to handle our business this week and figure out how to consistently move the ball and score. I hope to see an improvement in the passing game because that will open up our running attack. We are very disjointed on offense, but I think our defense will work itself out throughout the season. Oh yeah, we need to STOP turning the ball over!! Go FU!
dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #4133  by OL FU
 Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:29 am
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:

Furman (of course)
Samford
VMI
I'm guessing that the attendance at Wofford will be at least 10,000. ;)
 #4135  by FUBeAR
 Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:58 am
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:16 pm
Circle that Samford/UTC game.

UTC is playing much better and another loss and Samford has gone from conference frontrunner to playoff bubble team before September is even over. A loss in Chattanooga and the Dogs would essentially have zero margin for error the rest of the season (with Kennesaw, Wofford, Furman, and WCU still on the schedule)
Yep. I think this week’s games for Samford & CIT are “MUST WINS” or they both could be looking down the barrel of HORRIBLE seasons.

Hoping Samford takes care of their business. Not so much for the bellhops. Pretty sure it won’t happen, but I would love to seem them quit before halftime in Maconga the way they quit in Paladin Stadium last year.
 #4138  by apaladin
 Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:16 pm
Yep. I think this week’s games for Samford & CIT are “MUST WINS” or they both could be looking down the barrel of HORRIBLE seasons.
[/quote]

Of course the same could be said for the Paladins!! Hoping for an outstanding showing against the Bucs.
 #4143  by Davemeister
 Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:46 pm
Far as I'm concerned, every game from now on is a MUST WIN. Go 'Dins!
dornb liked this
 #4144  by FUBeAR
 Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:07 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:16 pm
Of course the same could be said for the Paladins!!
Nope. Doubtful that ETSU is going to make it thru the SoCon gauntlet with only 1 loss, even if they (Coach Sheridan forbid) somehow beat the Paladins tomorrow. So, with only 1 SoCon loss, if the unthinkable happens tomorrow, Furman is, most likely, still in control of their destiny. Win out & win (or tie) for the Championship AND get the AutoBid. So, this is not a MUST win, but it is a critically important win for the Paladins to get on the good foot!

#4149  by cavedweller2
 Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:30 pm
Hoomp. There it is.
 #4155  by Paul C
 Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:08 am
The Mercer line just flipped from Mercer -7.5 to Mercer +5

Anything happen to Mercer to account for this 12 point swing?
 #4159  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:22 pm
That’s crazy. Never seen that. Ever.
 #4166  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:52 pm
FYI- Colgate beat Lafayette today 45-0.
VMI is leading WCU 21-14(on channel 40)
Mercer / Citadel 7-7