• FCS PLAYOFFS

#40352  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:52 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:06 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:45 pm
Really impressed with the VMI freshman QB. To me he looks better than Udinski. Very athletic and can run unlike Udinski. If he stays VMI will be tough next year along with their great receiver who so far today has 10 catches and a TD. JMU up 28-17. JSU now up 49-7 over DC.
he’s really good.

Not even close to as good as Udinski though.
Not to argue but Udinski ended his career at VMI as a 62% passer. Morgan ended the regular season as a 76% passer. Grantrd Morgans is a much smaller sample size.
 #40354  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:27 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:41 pm
VMI may be the new top dog and team to beat in the SoCon. They list 6 seniors, 11 juniors and 73 freshmen and sophomores. .
Words I thought I'd never read in my lifetime. Next you are going to tell me Davidson made the playoffs. Oh, wait... :shock:
apaladin liked this
 #40372  by FUBeAR
 Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:31 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:52 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:06 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:45 pm
Really impressed with the VMI freshman QB. To me he looks better than Udinski. Very athletic and can run unlike Udinski. If he stays VMI will be tough next year along with their great receiver who so far today has 10 catches and a TD. JMU up 28-17. JSU now up 49-7 over DC.
he’s really good.

Not even close to as good as Udinski though.
Not to argue but Udinski ended his career at VMI as a 62% passer. Morgan ended the regular season as a 76% passer. Grantrd Morgans is a much smaller sample size.
Yes...Morgan’s Punting Avg. is also +15 over Udinski’s.

...and, as I said, he’s not (yet) even close to as good of a QB as Udinski is.
 #40508  by apaladin
 Sun May 02, 2021 7:37 pm
Delaware wom at Jacksonville St. 20-14
Sam Houston St. beat NDSU 24-20. NDSU did not have an offensive touchdown. Returned a punt and kickoff for theit 2 TD’s.
 #40509  by gofurman
 Sun May 02, 2021 7:55 pm
Yep, NDSU just wasn't the same this year.

I do feel a little better about us w VMI showing fine at JMU and JMU doing fine (leading so far...

It just means why did we seem to regress so much as the season went on???
 #40513  by mathprofhiker
 Sun May 02, 2021 11:10 pm
Very good game on right now between Southern Illinois and South Dakota St. Both teams executing well and being aggressive.
 #40514  by apaladin
 Mon May 03, 2021 12:51 am
mathprofhiker wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:10 pm
Very good game on right now between Southern Illinois and South Dakota St. Both teams executing well and being aggressive.
Yep 4 pretty good games in the quarterfinals. SDSU beat SIU on March 26, 44-3. Tonight they squeaked by 31-26. Two goid games next Saturday:
Delaware at South Dakota St. 12 noon ESPN
James Madison at Sam Houston St. 2:30 ABC
 #40519  by gman84
 Mon May 03, 2021 8:32 am
gofurman wrote:

I do feel a little better about us w VMI showing fine at JMU and JMU doing fine (leading so far...

I think NDSU misses those two players that were among the first 55pics in the NFL draft this weekend. Not bad for an FCS program!
 #40522  by apaladin
 Mon May 03, 2021 1:25 pm
gman84 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:32 am
gofurman wrote:

I think NDSU misses those two players that were among the first 55pics in the NFL draft this weekend. Not bad for an FCS program!
Or as heard on national radio shows division 2. Drives me crazy, lol. Kept waiting on someone to correct them but never happened while I was listening,
 #40523  by FUBeAR
 Mon May 03, 2021 2:20 pm
Hoping JMU runs thru these next 2 games like poop thru a tin horn...

Then, the SoCon Champ will have lost by 1 score, on the road, to the Team that ran thru the the the rest of the Playoff Field like...well, you know.

Then FU will have lost by 1 point, on the road, to the Team that lost by 1 score...etc.

I think, since Delaware’s 1st 2 games have been relatively close (over NEC & OVC Champs), though I like the Blue Hens, I’d like to see them get blown out by the SDSU Jackrabbits.

If all this happens, I sure don’t think we should see 5 MVFC Teams, 4 Big Sky Teams, and 5 CAA Teams in the Playoffs. The MVFC sure hasn’t dominated. Nor did the Big Sky’s 2 Teams. With the CAA having 2 of the 4 Teams remaining, they can make a claim to ‘dominance,’ but with DE’s squeaker over Sacred Heart, that claim should ring a little hollow.

2nd & 3rd place Teams from other FCS Conferences (including the NEC, the Big South, the OVC, the Southland, and, of course, the SoCon, need to be getting the benefit of the doubt over 4th & 5th place Teams from those 3 Conferences this Fall.

So let it be written. So let it be done.
Flagman, fupaladin01 liked this
 #40524  by FurmAlum
 Mon May 03, 2021 5:11 pm
I think all this shows that the SoCon is not as bad as some think. But it still needs to be proven with some OOC wins in the fall.
FUBeAR liked this
 #40527  by Furmanoid
 Tue May 04, 2021 7:25 am
Maybe it wasn’t such a bad season after all. But it didn’t stack up to the Rose Bowl season of 2019 when we were denied the crown by conference affiliation. After all:
Va Tech barely beat us by one score after cheating.
They killed Wake.
Wake beat UNC.
UNC beat USC.
USC beat Kentucky.
Kentucky beat Eastern Michigan.
Eastern Michigan beat Illinois.
Illinois beat Wisconsin.
Wisconsin went the Rose Bowl to play the Ducks.

Wisconsin also beat Minnesota.
Minnesota beat Auburn.
Auburn beat Oregon.

So Furman should have played Furman in the Rose Bowl. We would almost certainly have won.
FUBeAR liked this