• Incoming Freshman QB

#40169  by Flagman
 Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:48 pm
I like the analysis and optimism that Jackal provides. I sincerely hope that our players don’t frequent this site. The negativity is over the top.
dornb, Paul C, Roundball and 4 others liked this
 #40171  by FUBeAR
 Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:29 pm
youwouldno wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:39 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:07 pm
Go back and read more carefully.

Many of my opinions on the subject are to tell the perpetually dissatisfied among you to quit freaking out. There are a few folks on this forum that haven't said a positive thing about Furman athletics in years.

I wouldn't trust most of you to give me an opinion on where to eat dinner, much less dissect a football team.

Every post seems to change what you previously meant to say. Now it's about 'not freaking out.' I think it's much more resignation at this point than "freaking out." I don't believe I've seen a single post suggesting that Hendrix should be relieved. In every other sports forum on Earth, that would be a sign of straight-up nirvana; on here, being mildly displeased with being one of the worst full scholarship teams in FCS is "freaking out."

The common thread here though is that you keep talking about feelings, whether posters have the right attitude, etc. Why you think discussion of Furman athletics should be more like The View or whatever is beyond me, but what you don't talk about is - actual results, actual expectations, actual assessment of the program, other than some throw-away excuses that collapse if anyone thinks about them for more than 3 seconds.

It's incredibly delusional for someone to be wrong constantly and then expect his opinions to be taken seriously. And then to turn around and say the opinions of other people are worthless, even though they are correct far more often. No rational person looks at the world that way. And to be fair, I know you don't either, and just feel the need to stand up for people you think highly of. But this isn't the way to do it.

What makes sense for discussion is - what factors are holding the program back? Not - being one of the worst full scholarship teams in FCS is actually pretty good guys, stop "freaking out."
What is Jackal’s Massey Rating?
 #40172  by The Jackal
 Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:05 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:29 pm
youwouldno wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:39 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:07 pm
Go back and read more carefully.

Many of my opinions on the subject are to tell the perpetually dissatisfied among you to quit freaking out. There are a few folks on this forum that haven't said a positive thing about Furman athletics in years.

I wouldn't trust most of you to give me an opinion on where to eat dinner, much less dissect a football team.

Every post seems to change what you previously meant to say. Now it's about 'not freaking out.' I think it's much more resignation at this point than "freaking out." I don't believe I've seen a single post suggesting that Hendrix should be relieved. In every other sports forum on Earth, that would be a sign of straight-up nirvana; on here, being mildly displeased with being one of the worst full scholarship teams in FCS is "freaking out."

The common thread here though is that you keep talking about feelings, whether posters have the right attitude, etc. Why you think discussion of Furman athletics should be more like The View or whatever is beyond me, but what you don't talk about is - actual results, actual expectations, actual assessment of the program, other than some throw-away excuses that collapse if anyone thinks about them for more than 3 seconds.

It's incredibly delusional for someone to be wrong constantly and then expect his opinions to be taken seriously. And then to turn around and say the opinions of other people are worthless, even though they are correct far more often. No rational person looks at the world that way. And to be fair, I know you don't either, and just feel the need to stand up for people you think highly of. But this isn't the way to do it.

What makes sense for discussion is - what factors are holding the program back? Not - being one of the worst full scholarship teams in FCS is actually pretty good guys, stop "freaking out."
What is Jackal’s Massey Rating?

At least a 45
 #40173  by Paul C
 Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:10 pm
Jackal, keep being you.

Life’s a lot better when you see the glass as half full, rather than stomping through life being miserably angry.

I’d rather be a disappointed optimist than the guy running through the bowels of the Titanic gleefully shouting how he was right.
FUBeAR, gman84, Roundball and 4 others liked this
 #40176  by The Jackal
 Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:39 am
Paul C wrote:
Jackal, keep being you.

Life’s a lot better when you see the glass as half full, rather than stomping through life being miserably angry.

I’d rather be a disappointed optimist than the guy running through the bowels of the Titanic gleefully shouting how he was right.

Unfortunately, I sit at a computer much of the day and find myself fumbling around here. So, most of you are stuck with me. My hot takes will continue to stay hot.

My hope, though, is that some of our formerly frequent posters that I know continue to read this forum will return and bring some balance back to the force.
 #40177  by cavedweller2
 Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:14 pm
You got that right. GI has really been boring.
FUBeAR liked this
 #40196  by The Jackal
 Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:47 am
Paul C wrote:
Jackal, keep being you.