• Noah Transferring

#39931  by Sad Din
 Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:14 pm
https://alabama.rivals.com/news/alabama ... oah-gurley

amazing insight and why some schools see players as a business

According to the article AL is two players over the scholie limit and "will need two players to transfer out".

Thats an interesting conversation to have with a young man

Alabama is now two players over the NCAA scholarship limit of 13 for next season, meaning the Tide will need two players to transfer out of the program to make room. Last offseason, Alabama had four players transfer as it reshuffled its roster.
 #39933  by fufanatic
 Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:43 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:10 pm
tya1 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:08 pm
Alabama
and who does AL play next year? :shock:
Wait, Furman plays Bama again?

Also, maybe we need to stop playing bigger schools lol. Gurley to Bama and Grainger to Georgia State in back-to-back years is a kick in the groin.
 #39936  by apaladin
 Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:08 pm
Sad Din wrote:

According to the article AL is two players over the scholie limit and "will need two players to transfer out".

Alabama is now two players over the NCAA scholarship limit of 13 for next season, meaning the Tide will need two players to transfer out of the program to make room. Last offseason, Alabama had four players transfer as it reshuffled its roster.
Im pretty sure the 13 schollie limit does not apply next year due to the covid thingy.
 #39937  by Sad Din
 Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:10 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:08 pm
Sad Din wrote:

Im pretty sure the 13 schollie limit does not apply next year due to the covid thingy.
Guess the AL Rivals site doesnt know that
 #39938  by Roundball
 Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:19 pm
Sick about losing Noah, but I wish him well at Alabama. Do we really play Bama next season? If so, I hope we kick their butts. Go Paladins. Beat Bama. I noticed the Rivals article mentions Gurley being a graduate transfer. Also, this article also says the Tide are two players over their scholarship limit. https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/story/sp ... 178671002/
 #39940  by furpop16
 Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:33 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:19 pm
I noticed the Rivals article mentions Gurley being a graduate transfer.

Spot on. I'm sorry to see Noah go, as well. But as with Jon Jean, Jalen Williams, and Tre Clark, Coach R. is taking care of his first priority: developing scholar-athletes to succeed in life. Far from a loss, this is a success.
Roundball, MNORM liked this
 #39956  by apaladin
 Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:48 am
Didn’t realize that ‘Bama loses 3 starters. They have a highly regarded recruiting class coming in and this week added another transfer from Texas Tech. Will be interesting to see where NG fits in.
 #39984  by fufanatic
 Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:53 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:48 am
Didn’t realize that ‘Bama loses 3 starters. They have a highly regarded recruiting class coming in and this week added another transfer from Texas Tech. Will be interesting to see where NG fits in.
Me too. I think it will depend on how quickly he can get down there, start working with the coaching staff and players, and continue to develop. There's no doubt in my mind he could be a starter, but worst case I'm hopeful he will be able to work himself into being a first guy or two off the bench player for a team that'll compete for SEC title again.
 #40016  by Olcoach
 Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:14 pm
Hate he left. But good for him. Obviously playing at Alabama gives him a chance too play on the biggest stage. Nothing can be done about it. But at this point in time every player is basically a free agent free to get the best deal they can find.
 #40023  by apaladin
 Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:42 pm
Olcoach wrote:
Hate he left. But good for him. Obviously playing at Alabama gives him a chance too play on the biggest stage. Nothing can be done about it. But at this point in time every player is basically a free agent free to get the best deal they can find.
Yep, hate the new transfer rule. Makes it too easy to just bolt for whatever reason or on a whim.
 #40027  by Roundball
 Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:47 am
Olcoach wrote:
Don’t forget that Noah graduates Furman in May. He is pursuing his Masters Degree, so he had no choice but to look at another school. Adding the extra year of eligibility to the equation made it an easy decision.
Davemeister, MNORM, furpop16 and 1 others liked this
 #40180  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:52 pm
ESPN released their top 100 transfers, committed or uncommitted. Noah Gurley came in at #59, Storm Murphy came in at #57.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.