• Citadel Game Thread

#39811  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:31 pm
......and Citadel goes to 2-9 on the year!! Who would have ever thought we would finish with a losing record in this pitiful league. We continue to get worse, the downward spiral continues. Glad the WC game got cancelled.
I-85 Paladin, QCGlue, Affirm and 1 others liked this
 #39815  by FUPlayer74
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:44 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:07 pm
- punt protection is relatively easy these days (you see very few punt blocks) with that 7-3 lineup but apparently we can't do it... ALL 3 PHASES MATTER

- 4th and a yard at the goal.. we throw? that's an insult to our OL
The OL had 3 shots to get it in from the 4.
 #39817  by FU3
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:48 pm
Buck stops at the top.This O may be the worst in FCS football. I believe that changes need to be made at a minimum at O coordinator because if anyone thinks that this scheme is going to somehow start working in the fall they are delusional. For some reason the most annoying thing in watching this hideousness was the punt block.. we were very lucky to get out of Mercer without getting several stuffed so you knew Citadel would bring it ... coaching.
Sad Din, QCGlue, bj93 and 2 others liked this
 #39819  by Sad Din
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:49 pm
what an appropriate way to end the season... sack, interception, interception for pick 6

That about sums it up
 #39821  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:51 pm
A comedic event of biblical proportion is when Furman has to pass every down. 😂😂😂
 #39822  by Sad Din
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:51 pm
FU3 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:48 pm
Buck stops at the top.This O may be the worst in FCS football. I believe that changes need to be made at a minimum at O coordinator because if anyone thinks that this scheme is going to somehow start working in the fall they are delusional. For some reason the most annoying thing in watching this hideousness was the punt block.. we were very lucky to get out of Mercer without getting several stuffed so you knew Citadel would bring it ... coaching.
it would be huge sacrifice but maybe Western Carolina would be interested in some of our coaches
bj93 liked this
 #39827  by gofurman
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:01 pm
CIT NEVER COMPLETED ONE PASS (3 attempts) and won. Just ran option at us all day without one pass to back us off... won with 280 yards of offense. To our 250.

I really am at a loss watching this.. and feel so bad for our D who keeps hanging in there
Victor Greene liked this
 #39829  by bj93
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:05 pm
If there aren't changes made and fall continues like the spring I think there needs to be consideration to Pioneer league or elimination of football. Use saved money for other sports and bring baseball back. Never ever in my life thought I'd say that.
Sad Din, Affirm, Roundball liked this
 #39831  by Davemeister
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:08 pm
This is the way our season ends, not with a BANG but a whimper.

3-4, Folks. 3-4. By a team many expected to win the Spring SoCon Title.
 #39835  by Affirm
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:25 pm
bj93 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:05 pm
If there aren't changes made and fall continues like the spring I think there needs to be consideration to Pioneer league or elimination of football. Use saved money for other sports and bring baseball back. Never ever in my life thought I'd say that.
I am sure I have said the above before.
Yes.
My preference would be Pioneer League, but I could accept elimination of football.
And yes, let's resume baseball ASAP.
Last edited by Affirm on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sad Din liked this
 #39838  by purplehorse
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:33 pm
Yep need to really analyze what the problem is because if we stay like this NOBODY will be coming to Furman football games. NOBODY! OK maybe Flagman.

I wonder if this is the low point of the program since our National Championship game in 2001. What a drop since the GA State game in Sept 2019!

And lots of folks thought we just had bad games against Wofford and AP last year. Nope I think it was part of the overall decline of the program.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.