• Citadel Game Thread

#39796  by Furmanoid
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:58 pm
I’m in Chucktown but can’t watch it. I’m sure we’re doing well aside from a couple of little glitches here and there. It will all be better in the Fall because.
FUBeAR liked this
 #39798  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:12 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:32 pm
Choir Boy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:29 pm
Win, get home safely, take a break and get ready for football season. This like A JV football season.
I had high hopes for this spring season. Not just from a Furman perspective, but also from an FCS perspective, but I think it was a full on disaster across the board. Bad football, teams quitting, no national TV games ... excited for it to be over and hopefully it will be back to normal in the fall.
There were/are national TV games every week but you have to be an HBCU to qualify.
Choir Boy liked this
 #39799  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:21 pm
4th and 2 we show a formation that tells we’re running up the middle. Citadel packs 10 men between the tackles and we go nowhere. What are our coaches thinking?????
 #39800  by fu77fan
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:31 pm
Lots to be concerned about

- The offense continues to struggle/ one sustained drive. Could not get a 4th and two, several awful passes ..... etc
Two games in a row wit only 7 points at halftime. Probably will be the 5th game out of seven where we score less than 20 points.

-The kicking game - blocked punt, did not cover the ball on a kickoff and it was not an onside kick, kicked kickoff out of bounds

The positive- the D has played pretty well . Bend but not break.
 #39801  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:36 pm
Yep we had the ball at least 3 times in great field position at midfield or better. First downs gained in those 3 possessions: zero.
 #39802  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:42 pm
3 first downs, 32 yds rushing! 54 yds passing at half. Just pitiful. A shame the D has no O to help them out.
 #39803  by Roundball
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:51 pm
The announcers on the tv coverage are terrible, making so many dumb observations. Time to sync the radio broadcast.
hypercycloid liked this
 #39804  by fu77fan
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:58 pm
4th and inches on the goal line and we attempt a pass with a QB who is inaccurate and has no confidence.

Unbelievable!!
QCGlue, Jasper liked this
 #39805  by gofurman
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:07 pm
- punt protection is relatively easy these days (you see very few punt blocks) with that 7-3 lineup but apparently we can't do it... ALL 3 PHASES MATTER

- 4th and a yard at the goal.. we throw? that's an insult to our OL
SidBreamScores, QCGlue liked this
 #39806  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:14 pm
gofurman wrote:
- punt protection is relatively easy these days (you see very few punt blocks) with that 7-3 lineup but apparently we can't do it... ALL 3 PHASES MATTER

Do you really have any confidence we would have made a yard running it? It was another bad sliowndeveloping play call that gives the advantage to the D. We are heading for another sub 200 yd day against a very mediocre defense missing their best D player. We can’t move it aganst very, very mediocre SoCon defenses.
 #39807  by fufanatic
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:20 pm
Defense is tired. We aren't winning this game.
 #39808  by gofurman
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:24 pm
apaladin wrote:
gofurman wrote:

Do you really have any confidence we would have made a yard running it? It was another bad sliowndeveloping play call that gives the advantage to the D. We are heading for another sub 200 yd day against a very mediocre defense missing their best D player. We can’t move it aganst very, very mediocre SoCon defenses.
i agree it's no guarantee .. and we do seem to be VERY slow in how our run plays develop.. but a QB sneak or FB quick hitter maybe.? I will take that over that throw any day. one yard or less - if you can't sneak (esp now that FB can push the QB) you don't deserve it...
 #39809  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:28 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:24 pm
apaladin wrote:
gofurman wrote:

i agree it's no guarantee .. and we do seem to be VERY slow in how our run plays develop.. but a QB sneak or FB quick hitter maybe.? I will take that over that throw any day. one yard or less - if you can't sneak (esp now that FB can push the QB) you don't deserve it...
Ahhh. You forget the end of the ETSU game where 2 qb sneaks got nothing.