• Citadel Game Thread

#39767  by Davemeister
 Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:44 am
We still have a game tomorrow, right? Funny how no one is talking about it. Go 'Dins!
 #39768  by FUBeAR
 Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:54 am
Yeah - I’ve even posted a few things on the bellhops’ board this week ... and none of them have used their superior intellect to call me juvenile names or talk about “purple pansies,” etc.

I guess losing 11 straight football games & squeaking by a bad Wof-Fraud Teary-ers Team that was at half-strength & 3/4 into their “This is hard. We wanna QUIT!” mindset has mellowed the baggage boys out of their usual hollow, but overly abundant bluster.
cavedweller2 liked this
 #39769  by The Jackal
 Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:39 am
They'll be geared up for this one.

Good news for Furman is we are pretty tough to run the football against. In SoCon play, Furman is holding offenses right at about 100 ypg. Citadel's new QB is not the passing threat the last guy was, which may also mitigate some one of the Bulldogs biggest mismatches - WR Raleigh Webb.

Again, this story will be told by Furman's offense. The Citadel defense is not quite as strong as it usually is, but our offense has a tendency to disappear for long periods of the game.

I feel confident that our defense will hold the line. I'm a bit more concerned about our offense's ability to keep possession and score.
 #39771  by bj93
 Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:55 am
I hope it's not a repeat of our last game with them but sadly I've seen very little this year offensively to make me expect anything else.
apaladin liked this
 #39784  by gofurman
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:20 am
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:39 am
They'll be geared up for this one.

Good news for Furman is we are pretty tough to run the football against. In SoCon play, Furman is holding offenses right at about 100 ypg. Citadel's new QB is not the passing threat the last guy was, which may also mitigate some one of the Bulldogs biggest mismatches - WR Raleigh Webb.

Again, this story will be told by Furman's offense. The Citadel defense is not quite as strong as it usually is, but our offense has a tendency to disappear for long periods of the game.

I feel confident that our defense will hold the line. I'm a bit more concerned about our offense's ability to keep possession and score.
Spot on. If we score 22we win. Wouldn’t a defensive or special teams score be nice !
 #39787  by Choir Boy
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:29 pm
Win, get home safely, take a break and get ready for football season. This like A JV football season.
 #39788  by fufanatic
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:32 pm
Choir Boy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:29 pm
Win, get home safely, take a break and get ready for football season. This like A JV football season.
I had high hopes for this spring season. Not just from a Furman perspective, but also from an FCS perspective, but I think it was a full on disaster across the board. Bad football, teams quitting, no national TV games ... excited for it to be over and hopefully it will be back to normal in the fall.
Choir Boy liked this
 #39789  by fufanatic
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:32 pm
Andddd punt block for a TD. Think we've all been expecting that for weeks now.
 #39790  by Sad Din
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:35 pm
first 2 straight 3 and out. Thats 5 going back to last week

Then a blocked punt

the blocker just walked thru the line

Seriously, just pack it up at halftime and get on the bus. If they leave early they might make it back for the WSoccer game
furpal81 liked this
 #39791  by mathprofhiker
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:38 pm
There is time to get this turned around, but we look terrible on all 3 units right now. :(
 #39793  by fufanatic
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:40 pm
If we played Western again I'm not sure we would win. No shot that we would beat Samford or ETSU.

No clue how we are going to score twice today to make up for this deficit.
furpal81, apaladin liked this
 #39794  by furpal81
 Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:44 pm
We suck! Plain and simple! Already turned the game off and for the first time in my 40 years not looking forward to fall football 😞
bj93 liked this