• Coaching carousel has started...

#39438  by PaladinPower
 Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:38 am
No one is saying Wes Miller is the next Roy Williams. You are saying that. All signs are just pointing to him to be the next guy. I don’t know why you’re so mad about being wrong, but hey you’re wrong a lot on here so it must get to you.
 #39440  by Furmanoid
 Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:54 am
PaladinPower wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:38 am
No one is saying Wes Miller is the next Roy Williams. You are saying that. All signs are just pointing to him to be the next guy. I don’t know why you’re so mad about being wrong, but hey you’re wrong a lot on here so it must get to you.
Wouldn’t UNC want him to be the next Roy Williams? Maybe not. Sounds great to me because UNC is the only team I hate more than Duke. Sorry if I somehow seem mad. I’m not.

I guess my biggest recent blunder was predicting that FU would win the tournament. On that one I caved in to the majority on here who claimed we had great talent AND fantastic coaching. A team like that would be a lock to win the tournament. Oops.

And after the WCU game, I thought we were good at football. I guess I am wrong a lot.
 #39658  by Sad Din
 Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:10 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:42 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:43 pm
To go along with your metaphor.... Wes Miller is literally in the driver's seat for this job. Far from doubtful.
SD would bet Apalidin's paycheck that this is not going to happen
Pls send Apaladin's paycheck to TD Aneritrade acct# 9999-999-9999

Thx
 #39663  by Furmanoid
 Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:01 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:10 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:42 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:43 pm
To go along with your metaphor.... Wes Miller is literally in the driver's seat for this job. Far from doubtful.
SD would bet Apalidin's paycheck that this is not going to happen
Pls send Apaladin's paycheck to TD Aneritrade acct# 9999-999-9999

Thx
UNC was probably afraid of getting into a bidding war with the Trailblazers and Raptors over Coach Miller.
 #39670  by PaladinPower
 Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:22 pm
Very easy to bet the field versus actually offering up a name. Still wouldn’t be shocked if Miller takes an asst job... As far as Furmanoid goes. Claiming CBR is an average coach and Wes Miller has done nothing (2 Socon tourney championships in 5 years/3 regular season champions in 5 years) just shows he/she knows very little..
 #39688  by Furmanoid
 Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:10 am
PaladinPower wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:22 pm
Very easy to bet the field versus actually offering up a name. Still wouldn’t be shocked if Miller takes an asst job... As far as Furmanoid goes. Claiming CBR is an average coach and Wes Miller has done nothing (2 Socon tourney championships in 5 years/3 regular season champions in 5 years) just shows he/she knows very little..
Never said CBR was average. He’s better than average. But if he was as great as some suggest it seems like we would have beaten VMI at least once and made it past the first round. It isn’t the players’ fault. They’re all awesome too. Try saying they aren’t and see the responses you get.

I didn’t say Miller hasn’t done anything. He’s won almost 60% of his games and he has won the SoCon multiple times. But the UNC job is one of the top 10 jobs in all of basketball. Virtually any coach in college or the nba will be willing to consider it. And I think the “UNC ties” requirement is overblown. They became a powerhouse under a guy from St. John’s and a guy from Kansas.

And really UNCG should dominate the SoCon. The school is twice as big as anybody else and they don’t divert any resources to football.
 #40015  by Olcoach
 Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:09 pm
UNC basically let Roy choose his successor. And most around UNC rightly figured that the reason he brought Hubert to the staff years ago was to groom him to be the HC. Roy's first, and last, inclination was to do what Dean did. And this was his last shot to honor Dean with something Dean didn't get to do. Dean always wanted Phil Ford to be his successor as he thought the diversity of a black coach at UNC would be a good thing. But Phil's personal issues derailed that plan. And a ton of people at UNC weren't on the Hubert train, nor the Wes train. Roy was the perfect, obvious fit. But Guthridge with his UNC ties couldn't recruit, and Doherty was an absolute disaster. Many thought the program should go get someone that they know can win and not just give the job to someone because they have a UNC pedigree. Will see how this all works out.
 #40024  by apaladin
 Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:47 pm
....and one of the main reasons RW retired was the stupid new transfer rule. Williams just built a house in Hendersonville so he will be close by. Maybe he will drop by Furnan one day since he interviewed there.
 #40088  by cavedweller2
 Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:46 pm
I would wait if I was Wes. Let the buckeye have it.
 #40094  by PaladinPower
 Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:08 pm
Wes Miller officially taking the job at Cincy. Held out as long as possible for the UNC gig, didn’t get it, and bolted. Wonder what kind of transfer problems they may have the rest of the week.
tim liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.