• Noah Transferring

#39618  by Roundball
 Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:25 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:14 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:06 am
Taking off the Purp glasses, SD offers this commentary...

If SD were Noah, SD would seriuosly reconsider transferring out for the following reasons:

1. Noah is on the radar now. Some of the best coaches in the country have validated that he is good enough to help their team
2. With Noah, Dins will probably be a NCAA tourney team next year in the SoCon. Other schools cant guarantee that
3. Noah will be the star player on that Dins Team and the SoCon. If he xfers no telling what that role he will play
4. Noah could have a "Stph Curry" type impact which would draw tons of national attention
5. Recruiting coaches promise much but once signed.. all bets are off.
6. Noah will have enough weapons around him to take the pressure off. He doent have to carry the team on his back nite to nite
7. Noah has 2 years left. If things work out he could turn pro next year. If not he can still xfer out and start a post grad degree somewhere

Frankly, the most guaranteed road to the next level with the most knowns and options, now that he is recognized as a top flight prospect, is to be the star player on his team and league and even lead the team to a deep run in the NCAAs

SD's opinion but pretty sound IMHO
Very good points and I agree for selfish reasons. He is going from a known to unknown, could still transfer next year but he is star struck now and has visions of being the #1 pick in the NBA draft fueled by outside and inside influences that he can’t see through. Once he lands somewhere the spotlight goes away and he becomes just another good player on a presumably good team.
Noah is a smart young man with very smart parents. There is no way he has crazy visions of being highly drafted. All he wants is a chance to improve himself. If that means going somewhere else, I wish him the best. Every Furman fan should do the same.
 #39620  by MNORM
 Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:28 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:25 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sad Din wrote:

If SD were Noah, SD would seriuosly reconsider transferring out for the following reasons:

1. Noah is on the radar now. Some of the best coaches in the country have validated that he is good enough to help their team
2. With Noah, Dins will probably be a NCAA tourney team next year in the SoCon. Other schools cant guarantee that
3. Noah will be the star player on that Dins Team and the SoCon. If he xfers no telling what that role he will play
4. Noah could have a "Stph Curry" type impact which would draw tons of national attention
6. Noah will have enough weapons around him to take the pressure off. He doent have to carry the team on his back nite to nite
7. Noah has 2 years left. If things work out he could turn pro next year. If not he can still xfer out and start a post grad degree somewhere

Frankly, the most guaranteed road to the next level with the most knowns and options, now that he is recognized as a top flight prospect, is to be the star player on his team and league and even lead the team to a deep run in the NCAAs

Very good points and I agree for selfish reasons. He is going from a known to unknown, could still transfer next year but he is star struck now and has visions of being the #1 pick in the NBA draft fueled by outside and inside influences that he can’t see through. Once he lands somewhere the spotlight goes away and he becomes just another good player on a presumably good team.
Noah is a smart young man with very smart parents. There is no way he has crazy visions of being highly drafted. All he wants is a chance to improve himself. If that means going somewhere else, I wish him the best. Every Furman fan should do the same.
Exactly. We have some incredibly selfish, short-sighted, and miserable people on this board. There's absolutely no reason to disparage NG on this public forum. Not only did he contribute a great deal to the recent successes and growth of the program, he's still a student at Furman. I get that you're disappointed that he's leaving, but some of you need to get a damn life.
Last edited by MNORM on Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #39621  by cavedweller2
 Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:37 pm
Perhaps academically there is nothing left for Furman to offer him.
 #39623  by apaladin
 Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:54 pm
MNORM wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:22 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sad Din wrote:

You're completely delusional if you think NG has visions of being the #1 NBA pick. I get that you like to cook up your ridiculously negative/miserable posts with giant scoops of hyperbole....but this is simply ignorant.
Just stop already...move on.
Of course he doesn’t, that was tongue in cheek. You need to learn how to read things without taking everything verbatim. Lighten up, and you move on.
 #39624  by MNORM
 Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:10 pm
apaladin wrote:
MNORM wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Sad Din wrote:

You're completely delusional if you think NG has visions of being the #1 NBA pick. I get that you like to cook up your ridiculously negative/miserable posts with giant scoops of hyperbole....but this is simply ignorant.
Of course he doesn’t, that was tongue in cheek. You need to learn how to read things without taking everything verbatim. Lighten up, and you move on.
So now we're supposed to take your miserable and depressing posts as tongue-in-cheek...noted.
I'll lighten up when you stop painting NG in a light that isn't representative of who he is or the reasons why he's making this difficult decision. NG has done nothing but represent the basketball program and Furman in a positive light. He's one of the main reasons we all were able to enjoy wins over Loyola and Villanova, and ultimately a top 25 ranking. He also spent a lot of time working with young players and fans (including my son) at camps and in the tunnels before and after games.
Get off your grumpy old man soap box and get over yourself. I almost think you're enjoying the fact that he's leaving so you can have another topic to piss & moan about.
Roundball liked this
 #39625  by Roundball
 Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:15 pm
I am hearing that it is Tennessee for Noah. If true, I hope he does well. Of course, I hope he does well wherever he lands.
Last edited by Roundball on Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MNORM liked this
 #39626  by Roundball
 Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:17 pm
apaladin wrote:
MNORM wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Sad Din wrote:

There is no other way to take your posts. You are a glass half empty poster, at the very best.
 #39646  by fufanatic
 Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:31 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:15 pm
I am hearing that it is Tennessee for Noah. If true, I hope he does well. Of course, I hope he does well wherever he lands.
If true, a great opportunity. Play under Rick Barnes on a team that made NCAA tourney but needs help to go farther.
 #39655  by soconjohn
 Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:34 pm
I've always thought a lot of Rick Barnes, and if it is Tennessee, I think that's a great choice for NG...Looking forward to supporting him and cheering for him wherever he lands.
MNORM liked this
 #39660  by FurmAlum
 Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:00 pm
UT would be a great choice and Rick Barnes is an outstanding coach. Go Vols! I can't believe I said Go Vols. :D

Hate like heck to see NG leaving Furman but will be rooting for him.

I think it also reflects well on the FU program regarding developing players. We still have some work to do as far as maximizing our team results.
MNORM liked this
 #39907  by fufanatic
 Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:40 pm
I don’t think Noah can go wrong with his choices although choosing Duke is dicey because I don’t think much of Coach K but more importantly there’s no telling how many elite freshmen they’re bringing in. I’m really intrigued by Marquette, Bama and San Diego State. Believe he could start at the first and the last options and play solid minutes on the middle team. The middle team seems most likely to compete for a title in next 1-2 years.
 #39923  by Affirm
 Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:15 pm
fufanatic wrote:
I don’t think Noah can go wrong with his choices although choosing Duke is dicey because I don’t think much of Coach K but more importantly there’s no telling how many elite freshmen they’re bringing in. I’m really intrigued by Marquette, Bama and San Diego State. Believe he could start at the first and the last options and play solid minutes on the middle team. The middle team seems most likely to compete for a title in next 1-2 years.

Thought it was going to be UT Volunteers.
 #39924  by fufanatic
 Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:31 pm
affirm wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:15 pm
fufanatic wrote:

Thought it was going to be UT Volunteers.
Of course someone on twitter said it definitely wasn’t Tennessee or Duke. So guess we will just have to wait a few minutes longer.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.