• MERCER GAME THREAD

#39512  by cavedweller2
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:52 pm
That was painful to watch.
 #39514  by Choir Boy
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:01 pm
You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit. We don’t have much talent. Too many candy ass privledged white private school players. Smart, but we need a bunch of hard pipe hitters from the glory days who will not loose or allow mediocrity take over.
 #39515  by gofurman
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:07 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:47 pm
As we continue to decline we now get to get our butts kicked by Citadel and Wofford.
I am trying to stay positive but each week makes it harder and reality says we have a 200 yard offense which leaves our defense out to dry. If we lose to the almost-winless Citadel it will be an embarrassment for the ages. My question is - how can this be the same guys on offense that beat Samford by 30, VMI by 40, and Mercer by 30 last year ?? I can see the defense is there - w some passing holes... but they can't help but give up a few things when its "3 and out" and "3 and out" over and over. We basically scored SEVEN points on offense today vs a freshman squad??????????

Or put another way, we had a plus TWO turnover margin and lost to a Freshman team ???
 #39517  by furpal81
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:11 pm
What an embarrassing team to put on the field week after week. I’ve seen bad Furman teams and bad Furman coaching but I can’t remember a time when I’ve seen a team get worse from week to week instead of better. I really don’t see why the coaches were so hyped about HS and the o-line!!! HS has got to be the worst at faking plays and I can’t ever remember a QB run the option so horribly. I hope CCH takes a hard look at his coaching staff and players before fall or it’s gonna be a long fall season. For the first time ever going into fall football with zero excitement or expectations
 #39519  by gofurman
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:17 pm
furpal81 wrote:
What an embarrassing team to put on the field week after week. I’ve seen bad Furman teams and bad Furman coaching but I can’t remember a time when I’ve seen a team get worse from week to week instead of better. I really don’t see why the coaches were so hyped about HS and the o-line!!! HS has got to be the worst at faking plays and I can’t ever remember a QB run the option so horribly. I hope CCH takes a hard look at his coaching staff and players before fall or it’s gonna be a long fall season. For the first time ever going into fall football with zero excitement or expectations
Most every position (esp on O) should be open for the taking - maybe not Wynn and DeLuca or Ryan Miller etc but many positions
 #39520  by Sad Din
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:20 pm
furpal81 wrote:
Last edited by Sad Din on Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #39522  by Furmanoid
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:29 pm
I guess we are just stuck. There seems to be general agreement that the coach is awesome. He’s getting the guys he wants. For once they aren’t all injured. And this is what we get. So how do you fix it? I guess we just hope it gets better somehow.

I was willing to accept the status quo, but now we are going backwards.
 #39524  by Affirm
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:30 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:41 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:33 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:29 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:19 pm
Frosh has 328 yds passing although u cant lay this on the D
make that 402... game over, season over... Tons of questions

Might be a good idea to pull a chattanooga

ya think the O coord is on the hot seat?
BETTER BE - or figure some shit out

we got DOUBLED UP by a freshman QB w a bunch of freshman WRs and OL and tons of youth.

We are just not good - esp on O. It's like we don't have any plays we know we can run. No holes by OL so teams are just stacking 8+ guys in box
Does history repeat itself?

IMHO Fowlers downfall was not canning his ex room mate O coord

Will CCH can his bud coord to save his job?
No, he will not.
 #39529  by FU3
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:14 pm
This is a poorly coached football team.However I still think there is more than enough player talent to win a Socon in the fall. There needs to be some changes in our coaching staff especially on the O side of the ball or changes will be needed at the top.I realize that this spring has been a strange and difficult time to run a football program but this staff has produced an embarrassingly inept product.
 #39532  by fufanatic
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:30 pm
Honestly I can live with the Socon being bad and winning playoff games is a rare treat going forward, but not even competing in said bad conference is not acceptable.
 #39536  by FurmAlum
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:51 pm
I usually like to say something positive so I think I won't say anything.
 #39542  by Flagman
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:03 pm
This thread is locked because we do not call out or attack individual players by name. Fair-warned.