• Rebuilding

#39506  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:34 pm
Let the rebuilding begin. Forget getting ready, improving for the fall and starting on a positive note in the top 20. All of that is gone. The biggest question is CCH and staff the ones to rebuild with? I have serious doubts. Teams are not supposed to get worse each game and thats what we are doing.
fufanatic, bj93, Affirm liked this
 #39508  by Sad Din
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:44 pm
CCH stays... the others not so much

maybe we could look at the xfer portal for an O Coord!

Gotta save the ship... all bets are off.

We luv ya but things aint working out so bye bye.
Affirm liked this
 #39511  by purplehorse
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:50 pm
We truly are terrible. I have said that all along and some have said (I can only remember Jackal being included) that our defense was good while I have said no, they are just better than our offense.

We have been this bad before but I never remember a time during my many years of watching FU football where there was such a gap or discrepancy between where we are and where we thought we were. That is what is truly shocking and stunning! Glad we had the extra week to prepare for this.
fufanatic, Sad Din, bj93 and 1 others liked this
 #39513  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:58 pm
purplehorse wrote:
We truly are terrible. I have said that all along and some have said (I can only remember Jackal being included) that our defense was good while I have said no, they are just better than our offense.

We have been this bad before but I never remember a time during my many years of watching FU football where there was such a gap or discrepancy between where we are and where we thought we were. That is what is truly shocking and stunning! Glad we had the extra week to prepare for this.
This. Can’t remember a time in all of my years of watching FU football when I can’t name one facet of the game that we do well.

OK - our punter is pretty good.

And, yes, apaladin, our uniforms are on point. :D
apaladin, DoomedDin1127 liked this
 #39516  by Sad Din
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:07 pm
Dear JD,

Pls bring back baseball and cut FCS FB.

At least with baseball if they finished higher than 6th place in SoCon SD was happy

Put the funds in teams that can be D1 competitive... bball, soccer, golf, tennis, wlax, XC
 #39518  by Flagman
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:12 pm
I've always been an eternal optimist; always expecting Furman to win (regardless of the opponent). Now, not so certain. I followed three games today. Two were good with outcomes I liked (not really; it was hard pulling for the bellhops). The third, not so much. Maybe this was our "good Friday" and Easter is coming. (Beating the bellhops and ankle biters.)
fufanatic, FUBeAR liked this
 #39521  by Affirm
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:20 pm
purplehorse wrote:

Glad we had the extra week to prepare so that we all (or at least many of us) realize clearly that the team and staff (or at least the staff; maybe the team is just poorly coached) did their best but are just not good.
bj93 liked this
 #39525  by Affirm
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:36 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Dear JD,

At least with baseball if they finished higher than 6th place in SoCon SD was happy

Put the funds in teams that can be D1 competitive... bball, soccer, golf, tennis, wlax, XC
We can possibly do everything you want AND keep FCS football. Pioneer Football League consideration should be seriously underway.
 #39526  by purplehorse
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:42 pm
Yep it is getting harder for even those with purple tinted glasses and the optimists to not state the obvious -that something is badly wrong and not working. The body of work speaks for itself.

My recurring question keeps coming back-can anyone win at Furman? I would think the answer is yes but realty seems to want to say no.
apaladin, bj93 liked this
 #39527  by purplehorse
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:45 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:36 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Dear JD,

We can possibly do everything you want AND keep FCS football. Pioneer Football League consideration should be seriously underway.

If that happened I don’t believe many folks would come. I look at the schedule now and don’t see App State and Ga Southern and very few OOC big games. We should whip most of the teams in the conference easily. Another year or two of this and we will lose many of the loyal Furman football fans.
 #39530  by fu77fan
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:21 pm
It is the same story every week.
The offense is AWFUL.
And worse than that, we have shown no improvement.

Every team we have played, except Western, looks better on offense than we do.

I do not understand how we can be so bad.

I have no confidence that we will beat the Citadel or Wofford.
apaladin, bj93 liked this
 #39531  by FUPlayer74
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:29 pm
fu77fan wrote:
The offense is AWFUL.

I don't have a lot of confidence that we play those games.
 #39534  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:39 pm
FUPlayer74 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:29 pm
fu77fan wrote:
The offense is AWFUL.

I don't have a lot of confidence that we play those games.
The only thing worse than being a bad football team is being a football team that quits.
mathprofhiker liked this
 #39535  by furmandad
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:50 pm
Sad Din, not sure why CCH escapes responsibility for this horrible spring season. The buck stops with him. We are bad in so many areas - Head Coach is responsible for pulling it all together. The whole program needs to be evaluated.
bj93, QCGlue liked this
 #39537  by fu77fan
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:03 pm
I agree, the buck stops with the head coach !!