• Noah Transferring

#39217  by NEPA
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:48 am
Could see him playing for Jeff Capel at Pitt and easily starting , i believe they had 4 or 5 players transfer out this year. Noah was my favorite player to watch and i will miss that, i do believe he would have to get much stronger to be NBA talent. but then again what do i know. Good luck to him where ever he lands.
 #39218  by Furmanoid
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:17 am
Dang it, if Anderson, Claflin, Winthrop and USCS-A can manage to offer MBA programs, why can’t FU? That might keep some guys from transferring. It would be a good idea for the AD to do a survey to find out what if any grad programs would be most likely to keep people around.
 #39219  by Roundball
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:14 am
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:37 am
Roundball wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:47 am
Noah graduates in May. Furman has no graduate degrees except for teaching. He had no other choice but to transfer. Am I wrong? Can a player stay at a school once he or she graduates? As for possible teams for Noah, I can see him at Wake forest, Va. Tech, Georgia, College of Charleston or Clemson.
If that were the case you would think we would have honored him on Senior Day.
It's the year of covid. Senior Day seems like a year ago. Things happen. Discussions with family take place. Prayers answered.
 #39221  by dinhead
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:22 am
Enjoyed watching him play and we'll certainly miss him a lot next year. His biggest strength has always been his potential however his stats in no way reflect an NBA prospect.

15.4 ppg In fact, he did not even lead the team in a single statistical category (except turnovers).
49% FG What position in the NBA would he play ?
69% FT He's a below average 3 point shooter who gets 2 assists 6 rebounds a game !
34% 3pt.
6 Reb.
2 Asst. He's an athlectic 6-8 210 pound "tweener" who has the potential to play at another level but he's
1steal not even close to being an "NBA prospect".
1 block (per game)
Furmanoid liked this
 #39222  by Furmanoid
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:42 am
dinhead wrote:
Enjoyed watching him play and we'll certainly miss him a lot next year. His biggest strength has always been his potential however his stats in no way reflect an NBA prospect.

15.4 ppg In fact, he did not even lead the team in a single statistical category (except turnovers).
69% FT He's a below average 3 point shooter who gets 2 assists 6 rebounds a game !
34% 3pt.
6 Reb.
2 Asst. He's an athlectic 6-8 210 pound "tweener" who has the potential to play at another level but he's
1 block (per game)
So the good news is that we didn’t lose our only NBA prospect.
 #39223  by fufanatic
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:03 am
dinhead wrote:

34% 3pt.
6 Reb.
1 block (per game)
We will have to agree to disagree. One thing that does hurt Noah is his age. The NBA loves potential guys when you're 18-19. Not so much when you're 4-5 years into your college career. I don't think anyone is suggesting he's a first rounder, but could I envision a scenario where he continues to make improvements from the 3 pt line, FT line and defense and become a second round guy or G-League prospect? Sure can. Especially if it's at a school like Auburn, Xavier, Marquette, Maryland, Indiana, Virginia Tech, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Georgia or St. John's as rumored on Twitter to already have contacted Noah.
PaladinPower, soconjohn liked this
 #39224  by PaladinPower
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:10 am
NG is an NBA PROSPECT. The best out of Furman and the best in the Socon. I'd say better than Isaiah Miller who is undersized and can't shoot the long ball or FT's. He's not an NBA player right now, but he is a prospect for this length, athleticism, potential. He is literally the same size as guys like Jayson Tatum and Khris Middleton. I see his NBA comp close to Brandon Ingram. Obviously has to get better, but he is capable and has the tools to be an NBA player. "Fans" on here are just in the first stage of grief (in denial/shock) over this announcement so they resort to tearing down a player who has his sights beyond Furman (after he received the degree for crying out loud!). Cheer him on wherever he ends up.
Affirm, soconjohn, fufanatic liked this
 #39225  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:21 am
Regardless of what happens to NG, he is taking a huge risk and no one can deny that. When he lands at a bigger school he will not be the "man" like he was at FU. Maybe he becomes that over time but still a big risk.
 #39228  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:47 am
After giving this some thought I totally understand why he left. Hard to admit but hard to deny. This past year was very disapponting. The SoCon was there for the taking and we couldn't get the job done and floudered the whole season. Still don't think we ever recovered from blowing the Alabama game. He knows we have no replacement for Clay Mounce and there is little help on the bench. He sees how disappointing the last 2 recruiting classes have been. So in reality he sees things will be worse next year. A sure thing now. The SoCon likely will not be as easy as this year. In other words he just doesn't see it happening at FU and you can't blame him. The incoming class is an unknown and not enough to keep him around. No one hates him leaving more than me but no one can blame him for jumping a sinking ship. I really feel bad he has left CBR holding the bag. We have suddenly went from being a possible contender to rebuilding. If CBR stays he has a huge job ahead of him. I know CBR is devastated and I really feel for him.
Paladin575 liked this
 #39229  by Roundball
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:10 pm
apaladin wrote:
After giving this some thought I totally understand why he left. Hard to admit but hard to deny. This past year was very disapponting. The SoCon was there for the taking and we couldn't get the job done and floudered the whole season. Still don't think we ever recovered from blowing the Alabama game. He knows we have no replacement for Clay Mounce and there is little help on the bench. He sees how disappointing the last 2 recruiting classes have been. So in reality he sees things will be worse next year. A sure thing now. The SoCon likely will not be as easy as this year. In other words he just doesn't see it happening at FU and you can't blame him. The incoming class is an unknown and not enough to keep him around. No one hates him leaving more than me but no one can blame him for jumping a sinking ship. I really feel bad he has left CBR holding the bag. We have suddenly went from being a possible contender to rebuilding. If CBR stays he has a huge job ahead of him. I know CBR is devastated and I really feel for him.
All nonsense. He is leaving because he graduates in May, with 2 years of eligibility left. Furman has no grad degree that will allow him to stay. That’s it. Don’t overthink why he is leaving. As for next year, the young guys will step up. We will be in contention for the title. Mark it down now.
FUKA61, fufanatic, Davemeister and 2 others liked this
 #39230  by Sad Din
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:14 pm
apaladin wrote:
Not sure about the recruiting class comments

On a positive note, the guys on the bench are now competing for two starter positions.

Great motivation to work your butt off and get to be a starter!

SD doesnt like the "Contender" title. It almost never works out. Look at VMI this past year. #3 or 4 in the SoCon is just fine. Would rather overacheive vs underacheive

PS Mounce had 1 D1 offer (Furman) and look what he developed into. It can be done!
 #39232  by tim
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:28 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:10 pm
apaladin wrote:
All nonsense. He is leaving because he graduates in May, with 2 years of eligibility left. Furman has no grad degree that will allow him to stay. That’s it. Don’t overthink why he is leaving. As for next year, the young guys will step up. We will be in contention for the title. Mark it down now.
His stats could be made up with Hein and Lowrance getting more time. More physical strength with Hein, Lowrance can shoot. Just gotta put that together. Won't be easy, nothing at Furman is.
 #39233  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:56 pm
Roundball, you may be right but just hard to believe he is graduating. No one including CBR has mentioned this would be his last year. Its hard for any athlete to graduate in 4 years because of time demands of his/her sport. Basketball is the worst because it is going on the vast majority of the academic year.