• Noah Transferring

#39196  by Sad Din
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:48 pm
Ironically, he played great about the last 6 games of the year and it still wasnt enough to get Dins over the hump.

He was being praised so much for this.

Wonder how much this played in his decision?
 #39197  by Sad Din
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:53 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:46 pm
In this transfer era, which I’m not necessarily opposed to, redshirting a player can mean you only get them for 3 years if there’s elite talent there. Couple that with very few masters options, this decision really isn’t that surprising. Still hurts regardless. Will be pulling for him wherever he goes.
yes but something doesnt seem right. He could have done 1 more year , graduated and then got a post grad scholie somewhere. If he had a great 4th year who knows where he would have landed

Now he would need to finish his undergrad and possibly xfer again for post grad

Unless he thinks his stock is high right now and doesnt want to risk it going down

QUESTION: does he have to sit out a year?
 #39198  by tim
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:04 pm
I think his professional opportunities remain about the same, transfer or not. He was developing for sure. I HOPE that continues. No guarantees.
 #39200  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:10 pm
No one has to sit out now. The NCAA has made it too easy. If he had to sit he would not transfer. NG is not an NBA prospect, never was.
 #39201  by fufanatic
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:13 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:53 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:46 pm
In this transfer era, which I’m not necessarily opposed to, redshirting a player can mean you only get them for 3 years if there’s elite talent there. Couple that with very few masters options, this decision really isn’t that surprising. Still hurts regardless. Will be pulling for him wherever he goes.
yes but something doesnt seem right. He could have done 1 more year , graduated and then got a post grad scholie somewhere. If he had a great 4th year who knows where he would have landed

Now he would need to finish his undergrad and possibly xfer again for post grad

Unless he thinks his stock is high right now and doesnt want to risk it going down

QUESTION: does he have to sit out a year?
I don’t know for certain, but my guess is he will graduate from Furman in the spring and then transfer. He’s been at Furman for 4 years. So graduates and then goes to get a masters and could play 2 years.
 #39202  by fufanatic
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:15 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:10 pm
No one has to sit out now. The NCAA has made it too easy. If he had to sit he would not transfer. NG is not an NBA prospect, never was.
Doesn’t mean he will make it, but he absolutely is an NBA prospect and has had the potential since his sophomore year. Especially if he continues to develop his 3 point shot, strength and learns to be more consistent.
 #39203  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:30 pm
Still think this is a bad move. He would be the man at Furman and the SoCon and more that likely just another player at a power 5 school. No doubt he can play at a bigger school but will he standout like he would at FU? Will he get the publicity he would have gotten at FU? Doubtful, time will tell. Of course there could be other problems such as academics we are not aware of. I hope Bothwell and Hunter have their arms loose because they need average 20 ppg.
 #39205  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:39 pm
Good just makes the decision more questionable. The grass is not always greener.
 #39207  by soconjohn
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:45 pm
Well the one thing coaches have to be wary of most times is the parents in the ear of the kid...That's a problem 90% of the time after they go home for break or some other reason.
 #39208  by soconjohn
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:54 pm
And to think he will better off somewhere else....I can't say that...For every Keve Aluma story, more often you have a Chevez Goodwin one where the kid did nothing to improve his stock by going to USC...But maybe he was just going there to play at a bigger school...He might have a chance to play in the Final Four I suppose...But in no way did he or was he ever going to be an NBA prospect...I've also seen potential NBA guys (see Jason Conley, VMI) transfer and ruin their NBA stock whereas staying at VMI would have had a real shot.
 #39212  by purplehorse
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:53 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:33 pm
Yep just the way the world is these days, its all about ME. Screw my coaches that dedicated so much time to me and my teammates who went to war with me.
100 %. It will be interesting to see how it works out for him. I think there is a real risk involved.
 #39215  by Roundball
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:47 am
Noah graduates in May. Furman has no graduate degrees except for teaching. He had no other choice but to transfer. Am I wrong? Can a player stay at a school once he or she graduates? As for possible teams for Noah, I can see him at Wake forest, Va. Tech, Georgia, College of Charleston or Clemson.
paladinfan12 liked this
 #39216  by MidlandsPaladin
 Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:37 am
Roundball wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:47 am
Noah graduates in May. Furman has no graduate degrees except for teaching. He had no other choice but to transfer. Am I wrong? Can a player stay at a school once he or she graduates? As for possible teams for Noah, I can see him at Wake forest, Va. Tech, Georgia, College of Charleston or Clemson.
If that were the case you would think we would have honored him on Senior Day.