• Noah Transferring

#39181  by PaladinPower
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:48 pm
Noah announced on his Twitter that he will be entering the transfer portal. Heartbreaker. He showed his value/upped his stock the last quarter of the season and is probably the beat NBA prospect in the Socon. High major talent. Rooting for him on his next step!!! He will be sorely missed..
 #39182  by fufanatic
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:11 pm
Absolutely massive loss. He will go P5 and has a great shot to get drafted. So disappointing. Furman is no longer the favorite in the SoCon next year.
 #39183  by RaleighDin
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:11 pm
What a gut punch.

Wish him the best - but this really stings right now.
 #39184  by fufanatic
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:46 pm
In this transfer era, which I’m not necessarily opposed to, redshirting a player can mean you only get them for 3 years if there’s elite talent there. Couple that with very few masters options, this decision really isn’t that surprising. Still hurts regardless. Will be pulling for him wherever he goes.
 #39186  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:56 pm
Devastating loss. We have no one close to replace him. Have to wonder if Hunter even bothers to come back now. The grass is not always greener on the other side. CBR really has his work cut out fir him if he stays. Football is very disappointing and now this. Not a good tme for Paladin fans.
 #39188  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:10 pm
I think CBR had reasons to stay around but now he has to consider any job that comes along. This is devastating but could have a domino effect and things could get worse, unfortunately.
 #39189  by purplehorse
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:18 pm
Boy what a sucker-punch and completely out of the blue. Part of me thinks that he would be better off showcasing his talent at Furman where he knows the system vs. moving on to a new place. I mean only in the sense in’s half of this season had he come into his own. No doubt he would have been a first team All Southern Conference pre-season pick.

I know folks will say it has nothing to do with loyalty etc. but I would argue in part that it is a generational thing. Folks no longer work 50 years at the same company and get a gold watch. They move on to greener pastures. Maybe I am wrong.

Wasn’t Grayson Atkins transfer in part related to academics? Is that the case with Gurley? I am sure the saddest person is CBR.
 #39190  by Sad Din
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:21 pm
Well... after the shock need to move on

First, gotta have the next man up mindset. The way SD sees it, we lost gurley but gained hunter so score is even
Second, this sends a message to recruits. Gurley has developed to the point where he is a very good player
Third, the kid wants to leave so its just the way it is

Next man up...
 #39191  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:33 pm
Yep just the way the world is these days, its all about ME. Screw my coaches that dedicated so much time to me and my teammates who went to war with me.
underjack liked this
 #39192  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:34 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:21 pm
Well... after the shock need to move on

First, gotta have the next man up mindset. The way SD sees it, we lost gurley but gained hunter so score is even
Second, this sends a message to recruits. Gurley has developed to the point where he is a very good player
Third, the kid wants to leave so its just the way it is

Next man up...
Only hope is someone from the incoming class which is prolly a stretch.
 #39193  by soconjohn
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:38 pm
I wish Noah the best...Gonna miss his personality...That said, Furman still has three starters back.
 #39194  by fu77fan
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:43 pm
This hurts ! I wish Noah the best!

Losing Mounce and Gurley in the same year is extremely tough. Thank goodness Hunter is planning to play next year.
 #39195  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:47 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:38 pm
I wish Noah the best...Gonna miss his personality...That said, Furman still has three starters back.
I wish I could be as optimistic as you. Who is the 3rd starter? We have Bothwell and Hunter and a bunch of part time starters, which outside of Slawson are not starters. No fronline to speak of.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.