• Other SoCon scores

#39158  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:34 pm
The SoCon should take action but of course they will not. The NCAA should ban them from the pkayoffs for at least 2 years. Is this fair for the UTC players?
Affirm liked this
 #39159  by FurmAlum
 Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:41 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:23 pm
Update on what Chatty is accused of doing with its healthy starters today.
If I was a Chatty fan or player (esp a starter, and esp so if I was a senior starter), I would be furious. What a bunch of crap. They were 3-0. Why would they not try to win the Socon? Chatty needs to run that coach out of town.
Affirm liked this
 #39160  by FurmAlum
 Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:56 pm
Watching these SoCon games has become an exercise in torture with all the reviews, flag happy Refs, delays, etc.

Get rid of the replay except each coach gets one challenge a game. It's gotten ridiculous. they want to review everytime there is a hard hit or close play. It ruins the continuity of the game.

The Refs need to be instructed to restrain themselves and let the players play. Nowadays all you have to do is throw the ball up for grabs and you get a pass interference call.

And you get a delay of game in Chatty if it lightenings in Nashville.

Too much technology use is driving me crazy. Everything has to be so precise. If the Ref says its a touchdown then its a touchdown, If he says its not then its not. Then get on with G%&?d^%$# game!
apaladin, Affirm, dornb liked this
 #39161  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:04 pm
FurmAlum, don’t see how you can say some if those pass interference calls were bad because the canera work was so bad. When the camera caught up all I could see were flags on the ground.
Affirm liked this
 #39162  by FurmAlum
 Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:35 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:04 pm
FurmAlum, don’t see how you can say some if those pass interference calls were bad because the canera work was so bad. When the camera caught up all I could see were flags on the ground.
A couple of them showed most of the play. There was a replay of the roughing the passer penalty and I thought that call was questionable. If that QB had been wearing purple it was roughing the passer. :D

Maybe it was because I wanted Woffy to win so VMI and Chatty would have a loss.
 #39163  by FurmAlum
 Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:38 pm
Now that I think about it, I enjoyed seeing Woffy lose! And to lose in such a self destructive way made it even better. I bet the Woffy message board is hysterical.
apaladin liked this
 #39164  by purplehorse
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:22 am
Tagging a loss on VMI today would not have affected us so I am glad Wofford lost.

The Chat folks had said that this week lots of different players would play had that the season was just a warmup for next fall. It turns out they were telling the truth.

This Furman team would go nowhere in the playoffs so not much of a reason to see that come to fruition.

Pandemic and 2020/2021 has been a crazy season. Who would have thought-VMI to win conference title and Wofford 1-3 in conference and FURMAN 3-2?
apaladin liked this
 #39165  by The Jackal
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:36 am
I'd be surprised if Brent Thompson has a job after this spring. The Citadel looks barely competitive right now and is still staring down a final three games against their rivals (Wofford, Furman, and VMI). As bad as an 0-12 season is, it will feel worse taking it on the chin to those three to close it out.

Good on VMI. I know many on here complain that we shouldn't lose to VMI, and to some degree I can agree with that. Still, they are playing well and have gotten a lot of production out of their best players. Jakob Herres looks uncoverable right now.
 #39166  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:41 am
IMHO VMI winning the league is a bad sign. Maybe its the spring and everybody is like the UTC and just practicing. I know Furman is playing a lot more players than normsl. We send in 4-6 subs on every play. So maybe it is just practice but I doubt it. Maybe it will be better in the fall with things back to normal. Hope I am wrong but unless they get a great draw in the playoffs I expect bad results.
 #39168  by Roundball
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:00 pm
Post from a parent of a player.

"As a fan I'm 100% with you. As a parent of a current player I understand and respect CRW's decision. It's hard to wrap my mind around what happened yesterday, even harder for my son who came into a top 10 program at the time to what he has been through since signing. This kid was raised to take PRACTICE seriously, so this spring "decision" has truly been devastating to him personally.
Like you, we want trophies and championships for this program. I've come to realize long term mocs fans like yourself are a special breed- you have lived through some tough seasons. As tough as it is to swallow CRW IS doing what he believes is in the best interest of the players(health), the players believe in this staff . Glad to hear you will still be there in the fall !"
 #39169  by MNORM
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:38 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:00 pm
Post from a parent of a player.

"As a fan I'm 100% with you. As a parent of a current player I understand and respect CRW's decision. It's hard to wrap my mind around what happened yesterday, even harder for my son who came into a top 10 program at the time to what he has been through since signing. This kid was raised to take PRACTICE seriously, so this spring "decision" has truly been devastating to him personally.
Like you, we want trophies and championships for this program. I've come to realize long term mocs fans like yourself are a special breed- you have lived through some tough seasons. As tough as it is to swallow CRW IS doing what he believes is in the best interest of the players(health), the players believe in this staff . Glad to hear you will still be there in the fall !"
Will be interesting to watch the transfer portal....
 #39170  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:06 pm
Again, BS answer. You have to live fir the moment. Any number of things could happen between now and September, The coach, AD and school should face dusciplinary action. Can you imagine an FBS team doing this and getting away with it?
 #39171  by Roundball
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:18 pm
apaladin wrote:
Again, BS answer. You have to live fir the moment. Any number of things could happen between now and September, The coach, AD and school should face dusciplinary action. Can you imagine an FBS team doing this and getting away with it?
The logical answer to avoid disciplinary action is, "We did what we felt was in the best interests of our students/players." Because of this being the year of covid, there will be no action taken. I guarantee you Coach Hendrix is playing the game too, but not being so obvious. All the FCS coaches are doing the same. This spring season should be treated as working toward the fall. I don't blame any coach for playing it safe. I give the Chatty coach some credit for at least being honest about what he is doing.
Last edited by Roundball on Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #39172  by MNORM
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:35 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:18 pm
apaladin wrote:
The logical answer to avoid disciplinary action is, "We did what we felt was in the best interests of our students/players." Because of this being the year of covid, there will be no action taken. I guarantee you Coach Hendrix is playing the game too, but not being so obvious. All the FCS coaches are doing the same. Quite frankly, this spring season should be treated as working toward the fall. I don't blame any coach for playing it safe. Quite frankly, I give the Chatty coach some credit for at least being honest about what he is doing.
I think VMI is the one exception. They're trying to take full advantage of what teams like Chatt are doing, as well as getting everything they can out of Udinski before he leaves for Maryland in the Fall.