• Coaching carousel has started...

#38661  by FUpaladin08
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:18 pm
Yep. BR has to a of potential but hasn’t really had that great season nationally like other SoCon coaches that made the move. Doubt a big school takes that chance without at least an NCAA tournament appearance.
 #38664  by Roundball
 Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:18 am
According to the P&C, BR is being mentioned for the C of C job. Grant was paid $671,000. I don’t see it happening, but more money is tempting. The SoCon is a better conference than the CCA (9 vs.19). BR is smart enough to know staying at Furman is his best bet for a huge job in the future.
FUpaladin08 liked this
 #38678  by apaladin
 Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:49 pm
You would think CBR would have done a new podcast by now, since the season ended. Makes you wonder. I don’t think we have an assistant ready to be a HC do we?
 #38712  by tim
 Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:23 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:49 pm
You would think CBR would have done a new podcast by now, since the season ended. Makes you wonder. I don’t think we have an assistant ready to be a HC do we?
Tim Johnson would make a great HC.
MNORM liked this
 #38727  by apaladin
 Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:12 am
You would think the coaches at UNCG and Winthrop would higher on the list just to name a couple. Although CBR can be very likeable and convincing.
 #39075  by paladinfan12
 Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:58 pm
Given how so many AD's are hurting financially because of the pandemic I don't think you'll have too many more spots open up. My money is on BR staying another few years. The job that scares me every year for BR is the Clemson job. I think Clemson would offer and I think BR would take it. He seems like an upstate guy

How Wes Miller is still at UNCG baffles me. That dude should have a major job soon.
 #39080  by Furmanoid
 Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:31 pm
paladinfan12 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:58 pm
Given how so many AD's are hurting financially because of the pandemic I don't think you'll have too many more spots open up. My money is on BR staying another few years. The job that scares me every year for BR is the Clemson job. I think Clemson would offer and I think BR would take it. He seems like an upstate guy

How Wes Miller is still at UNCG baffles me. That dude should have a major job soon.
I think as soon as he gets to the dance, he’s gone. So is it better to finally win the SoCon next year and risk a descent into suckness, or just keep coming in second for 10 years? I’m really not sure.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.