• So you say there's a chance...

#38703  by RaleighDin
 Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:26 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:54 pm
So it looks like CBR’s FU career might end on a 2 game losing streak by a total of 2 points.
Sheesh, the pessimism is a bit much. It was a rough end to the season. CBR doesn't strike me as the type to run away - and why does he not get enough credit for the loyalty he's shown to Furman? Let alone the fact that I'm sure there's a huge amount of excitement over the recruits we signed - I think I heard him say on paper it was the best class we've signed since he's been at Furman.

I'll eat my words if I have to, but I don't think he's going anywhere for a while. These are the good ole days, let's enjoy them.

Thanks to Coach and the team for the season - it was a welcome distraction from all of the uncertainty this past year.
Roundball, DoomedDin1127, din23 and 1 others liked this
 #38707  by Furmanoid
 Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:34 am
I think that two game losing streak probably assured that he isn’t going anywhere. Sure he was mentioned in an article about CofC, but it was way down in the honorable mention list. And USC considers itself way too good for a Furman coach who hasn’t won the lowly SoCon outright. If you were going to hire a SoCon coach, wouldn’t you get the UNCG guy?

BR ain’t going anywhere. His stock went down. But that’s sort of good because now he has a world of motivation to do well soon so he can move on. Next season is sort of critical for move up plans.
 #38709  by Affirm
 Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:05 am
RaleighDin wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:26 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:54 pm
So it looks like CBR’s FU career might end on a 2 game losing streak by a total of 2 points.
Sheesh, the pessimism is a bit much. It was a rough end to the season. CBR doesn't strike me as the type to run away - and why does he not get enough credit for the loyalty he's shown to Furman? Let alone the fact that I'm sure there's a huge amount of excitement over the recruits we signed - I think I heard him say on paper it was the best class we've signed since he's been at Furman.

I'll eat my words if I have to, but I don't think he's going anywhere for a while. These are the good ole days, let's enjoy them.

Thanks to Coach and the team for the season - it was a welcome distraction from all of the uncertainty this past year.
Richey needs to stay at Furman another 10 years at least before he goes anywhere.
He needs to stay at Furman as many years as Young stayed at Wofford, and win as many championships. Many of us seem to think that Richey will get a big opportunity as soon as he sniffs only one championship, even if it's not a win and not a losing NCAA berth; and that may be correct, but I hope it is not.
We want 5, Coach.
Young coached 5 SoCon championships at Wofford before he moved up, and got Wofford NCAA Tournament games and publicity against Wisconsin, BYU, Michigan, Arkansas, Seton Hall (a 16-point win), and Kentucky.
I expect that major salary increases will become necessary each year he gets one, in order for us to keep him - such as a 20%-50% increase each time.
Guessing he makes what, $300,000?
So:
300K in 2021
1,152,000 by 2031 or even possibly as soon as 2026.
I know ... just dreaming.
FurmAlum liked this
 #38711  by tim
 Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:16 am
The amazing thing to me lies in the fact that FU was prolly in a 32 team NIT this year after tanking the game to VMI. I think we were in last year until cancellation. So without this stupid virus, this would have been our 3rd straight NIT.
fufanatic liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.