• So you say there's a chance...

#38596  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:51 am
I counted 5 teams selected for the NIT ranked below FU in the netrankings. :shock:

Every team in the B1G that had a winning record made the ncaa tourney.
 #38598  by Roundball
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:51 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:20 pm
Hard to believe Belmont didn’t make the NIT at 26-4. Will FU get a bid to the CBI? I assume they would accept unless ED nixes it?
I am sure Coach Richey would say no to the CBI.
 #38622  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:40 am
tim wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:43 am
I am sure he would too
Why? We played in the CIT which is below the CBI. This year could be different though. I see Washington St. declined an invite. If they have invited Longwood(12-16) then that tells you many people have turned them down. Latest is the bracket will be announced on Tuesdsy. 8 team 3 day tourney starting next Monday. Hope I am wrong but not much hope for an NIT as it starts Wednesday.
 #38623  by Davemeister
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:45 am
Can't see us ponying up for a spot in the Colleges-Buy-In (CBI), which almost nobody has ever heard of or cares anything about.
 #38628  by furpop16
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:00 pm
It would be one thing if we had over-performed during the season but gotten hosed during the selection processes. I could see ponying up $50K to reward the effort. Alas, we under-performed. Not a lot of upside to putting a bow on that ... and a lot of downside given the cost as well as the possibility of ending the season with more than the two-straight losses we've already accumulated.
Affirm liked this
 #38636  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:55 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:45 am
Can't see us ponying up for a spot in the Colleges-Buy-In (CBI), which almost nobody has ever heard of or cares anything about.
I understand what you are saying but they have a national TV contract with CBS sports network and their last tourney had teams such as West Virginia, DePaul, So. Miss and Coastal.
 #38644  by Roundball
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:32 pm
Had a friend of mine and a Furman supporter say, "We are always on a bubble and it always gets popped 😂." Lots of truth to that statement.
apaladin liked this
 #38650  by Sad Din
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:12 pm
Dont mean to wish an illness on anybody but....

The order of replacement, according to the Selection Committee, will be: Louisville, Colorado State, Saint Louis and then Ole Miss.

Once the bracket is locked on Tuesday night, any issues that prevent a team from playing would result in the opponent advancing to the next round. So these teams at the top of the list of snubs finds themselves in a strange position where they are both preparing to be a top seed in the Frisco, Texas-based NIT field or jumping into action as a replacement team if someone has to drop out in the next 48 hours.
 #38657  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:16 pm
Again not wishing any ill but couldn’t any team in the NIT go Covid without being an ncaa replacement team?
 #38662  by purplehorse
 Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:48 am
Regarding the CBI: HEADLINES could be “Furman SHOCKS Bellarmine and Longwood to play Bryant in the Finals of CBI.” That reminds me of participation trophies. How exciting would that be?

Maybe some of this is related to parity but no-names are even making the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs. Years ago I had thought when App State and Ga Southern left the FCS FU would be more likely to make the playoffs especially with 24 teams. WRONG!
Affirm, Davemeister liked this
 #38689  by Sad Din
 Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:04 pm
Official 6PM deadline has passed. No cancellations as far we can tell

Its officially the off season for Dins Bball

Podcast would be a great idea!

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.