• CONGRATS TO UNCG!! GOING DANCING!

#38324  by apaladin
 Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:21 am
Lunardi now has Villanova a 13 seed playing Villanovs. That would be a great draw for uncg as Villanova is missing their leader Gillespie who’s out for the year. He also has the last 4 in as Drake, Colorado St., San Diego St. and Xavier. No way the last 4 in will not feature any teams from power 5 confetence. The committee has proven they prefer a mediocre/bad team from a power 5 over a deserving non-power 5.
FurmAlum, Affirm liked this
 #38583  by Affirm
 Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:30 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:51 pm
UNCG draws FLA St

Tough draw
How would UNCG do against Alabama (who plays Iona)?
I wonder would we do IF we had won the SoCon and had drawn FSU? ... had drawn Alabama?
 #38584  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:26 pm
Neither would have played Alabama since they would have had to be a 15 seed not a 13. I do think Alabama has greatly improved since FU played them and FU didn’t. Prolly wouldn’t be that close this time. Agan it seems like the SoCon always gets a tough draw. FSU is the best of the 4 seeds, long, tall and athletic which I think uncg will struggle with. The FSU/UNCG matchup is one of the few Lunardi got right. Winthrop got a great draw playing an injured Villanova team that dropped to a 5. Then prolly Purdue. They have a chance for the sweet 16.
Affirm liked this
 #38610  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:31 am
gofurman wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:00 am
unfortunately I don't see UNCG beating FSU.. too many long tall athletes - I would be surprised if UNCG stayed within 7-10
Completely agree as usual SoCon gets another bad matchup. Would have much preferred another #4 Purdue.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.