• ETSU GAME THREAD

#38498  by cavedweller2
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:07 pm
I’ll take the W and get on the bus and get the hell out of Johnson City.
Roundball, FurmAlum, Choir Boy and 2 others liked this
 #38499  by Roundball
Glad we are going to win this game, but that was a painful game to watch. Hate to say it, but those are two mediocre (at best) football teams. Has to be the worse game ever for a group of refs. Just keep winning and try to improve each week> The SoCon is weak. There is no excuse to not win the league title and the auto-bid.
 #38501  by AstroDin
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:12 pm
Roundball wrote:
Glad we are going to win this game, but that was a painful game to watch. Hate to say it, but those are two mediocre (at best) football teams. Has to be the worse game ever for a group of refs. Just keep winning and try to improve each week> The SoCon is weak. There is no excuse to not win the league title and the auto-bid.
you have no idea if the SoCon is weak…
Choir Boy, FU3, tim and 2 others liked this
 #38502  by FurmAlum
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:13 pm
Roundball wrote:
I don't see it like that at all RB. That was a tough, physical game and a good win. There was a lot of wood laid out there today and I can see why Woofy didn't want to play them.
Choir Boy, tim, FUBeAR and 2 others liked this
 #38503  by FU3
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:14 pm
Really good D effort and nice second half adjustments. O is still lost but we have talent and sometimes that overcomes strange coaching decisions.
Choir Boy, gofurman, FUBeAR liked this
 #38505  by gofurman
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:18 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:40 pm
How was that a face mask on ETSU? Did I miss something? Our guy throws their man down by the face mask and the flag is thrown on them?
Objective. That facemask calla was just horrific. Wynn did it and they gave us the yards

On the other side we tackled a runner about to pass and they called roughing the passer. Both were really bad calls but the one we got away w on Wynn was probably worse as we committed the foul and got the yards. That’s not something you see everyday
 #38506  by Choir Boy
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:19 pm
Win and get across the mountains before the Deliverance Music kicks in. We always have a hard time ETSU. Get home safely. Get Better and Win again next. Unlike the Terriers.
tim, FUBeAR, AstroDin liked this
 #38507  by Choir Boy
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:23 pm
There were 2 face masks on that play. ET grabbed the face mask first out of bounds then 0 got a good hold on the face mask as well. Should have been a no call.
gofurman liked this
 #38508  by gofurman
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:26 pm
FU3 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:14 pm
Really good D effort and nice second half adjustments. O is still lost but we have talent and sometimes that overcomes strange coaching decisions.
I think this is a decent summary. Granted ETSU is one of the better run D so that takes away our strength. Regardless we do need more diversification on O - the second half showed that. Came out w a few throws and everything opened up in Q3. We aren’t good enough to run on every play. I really really wish we were. I want every game to look like western in wk 1

I think we are not quite where CH thought on OL. Pre game radio they hinted at thst
 #38510  by Choir Boy
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:31 pm
I wonder if busing up to Johnson City this AM was a reason for us coming out flat?

I wonder why APaladin complains like a B when we are playing bad and then hides like a punk A B when we we turn it on and win? Riddle me that Batman!
FurmAlum, AstroDin liked this
 #38511  by gofurman
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:31 pm
Fw it is worth. The time off did help ETSU to an extent. the tv guy - former ETSU player - said it allowed ETSU to run formation w different tendency and catch us off guard for first half lead.
 #38512  by Davemeister
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:33 pm
Ugly game but a beautiful "W". This would have been an easy one to lose but our D nailed it down.

Need to get rested, get organized, and get ready for Nooga.
Choir Boy liked this
 #38513  by Flagman
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:34 pm
Good day for the Paladins! Furman wins! citadel and woffy lose.
Choir Boy, dornb, hypercycloid and 2 others liked this