Marcus Foster R-So. g
Jonathan Lawrence R-So. f
Garrett Hien So. f
Joe Anderson So. g
Alex Williams Fr. f
Tyrese Hughey Fr. f
JP Pegues Fr. g
James Lee Repass Fr. f

We'll miss Mounce deeply, but that looks like a pretty solid roster.

Expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised. Like the Villanova game.
FUFan liked this
 #38155  by fufanatic
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:37 am
To me, it’s next year or bust. Don’t know if we will get a better shot.
FUpaladin08, FU69 liked this
 #38157  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:08 am
fufanatic wrote:
We had our best shot ever last night and blew it. We would have played a Mercer team we have beaten twice and they would be playing their 3rd game. Our nemesis was gone. Maybe we can get a schedule since after this year no one sholud be skeered. Hope we have a good regular season and maybe a CIT or CBI bid. I have given up making the NCAA.
FU69 liked this
 #38158  by Roundball
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:20 am
I will not give up. I will give to the Athletics Fund. I will be a Roundball Club member. I will purchase season tickets. I will cheer on the Paladins and support the players and the coaches. I will never give up.
FUFan, FUKA61, Paul C and 6 others liked this
 #38161  by jesse174
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:46 am
Hopefully Repass will be the big powerful player we need to give us more muscle...also liked Foster...he was strong, rebounded and was physical...the other player Hien..I expected a lot more out of him...he seemed lost in the system.
 #38162  by RaleighDin
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:49 am
The fact that a couple years in a row now there has been talk of "next year is the year" speaks, to me, of the fact that the program is developing a depth of talent that will ultimately get us to the dance.

Super disappointed about the result last night, but not giving up, and excited to see where we're at next year with hopefully a normal off-season and acclimation for the incoming freshmen.

No doubt CBR is the right man for the job, there's a fit between him and Furman that I think (hope) he recognizes. I sincerely hope that JD is talking to him about legacy in addition to just salary and facilities because he could be our Bob McKillop. Now let's get that Timmons upgrade done!
Roundball, dornb, furman86 and 3 others liked this
 #38167  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:49 am
Its hard to be optimistic after 41 years of failure and only making the finals twice. I really believe that if we could have survived last night we would have won the tournament. It was there for the taking. That’s what makes it so hard swallow.
FU69 liked this
 #38169  by Paul C
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:52 am
I think Hein is very skilled and I expect to see significant improvement out of both he and Anderson next year. In fact, barring something unforeseen not sure if I expect anything out of our incoming class next year, despite their apparent talent. Anything we get out of those 4 next year is a bonus,
FurmAlum liked this
 #38180  by JohnW
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:49 pm
Thinking about next season I played around with a starting five of: Slawson, Hein, Gurley, Bothwell, and Hunter. I think Slawson could be effective taking over for Mounce and Hein could move inside for Slawson. I like his fundamentals around the basket, but he will need to get stronger, hopefully play at 220 or so. Anyway just doodling after the game thought I'd share it.
 #38182  by Furmanoid
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:02 pm
JohnW wrote:
Thinking about next season I played around with a starting five of: Slawson, Hein, Gurley, Bothwell, and Hunter. I think Slawson could be effective taking over for Mounce and Hein could move inside for Slawson. I like his fundamentals around the basket, but he will need to get stronger, hopefully play at 220 or so. Anyway just doodling after the game thought I'd share it.
Thing is, that’s a first round losing lineup. We need for somebody to get a ton better OR we need to bring in a real star or two. We gotta hope one of these incoming guys turns out to be the real deal.
 #38191  by JohnW
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:17 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
JohnW wrote:
Thing is, that’s a first round losing lineup. We need for somebody to get a ton better OR we need to bring in a real star or two. We gotta hope one of these incoming guys turns out to be the real deal.
I guess where we disagree is I don't believe we lost due to lack of talent. It's been a failure to meet the moment. This team has underachieved all year. I'm looking at the coaches. Stats and philosophy are great, but not a substitute for playing with confidence and poise when the game is on the line.
76MrMoto, FUpaladin08 liked this
 #38192  by Affirm
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:42 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:08 am
fufanatic wrote:
We had our best shot ever last night and blew it. We would have played a Mercer team we have beaten twice and they would be playing their 3rd game. Our nemesis was gone. Maybe we can get a schedule since after this year no one sholud be skeered. Hope we have a good regular season and maybe a CIT or CBI bid. I have given up making the NCAA.
Yes to the “get a good (OOC) schedule next year”, but I just realized how highly Alabama, Villanova, and Loyola are ranked. Three teams we’ve played the last 2-3 years. We’ve had a few, just not enough.
 #38196  by Furmanoid
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:13 pm
JohnW wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:17 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
JohnW wrote:
I guess where we disagree is I don't believe we lost due to lack of talent. It's been a failure to meet the moment. This team has underachieved all year. I'm looking at the coaches. Stats and philosophy are great, but not a substitute for playing with confidence and poise when the game is on the line.
But if we have the talent, and we have the best up and coming coach in basketball, how can we lose twice to VMI and twice to a mediocre WC? How?

I thought we had slightly more talent than anybody else. But we needed more obviously. . We lose one of our better guys. Somebody is going to have to make drastic improvement to make up for that and just keep us where we are. To get where we want to be, at least one of our recruits needs to be awesome. Maybe one will be.
76MrMoto liked this
 #38207  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:00 pm
We were not as good without Lyons and I suspect we will not be as good without Mounce. One other thing is ETSU, Sammy, UTC etc will not stand pat. Some if not all will bring in transfers. Some if not all will be better. Not sure we will be. Correct me if I am wrong but with the Covid thingy all seniors next year will have another year if they want it. IIRC that was for all peeps not just this years seniors.
 #38212  by Flagman
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:34 pm
Will there be one more season ticket available next year?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.