• Sanford game thread.

#38051  by gofurman
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:15 pm
I don’t change opinion based on W or L. That’s Results oriented. Gotta be process oriented. Like Bama. Process wins in the end. I’ll be happy if we win the natty. I don’t care the stats then :D

However, My take - we won And I am SOO GLAD for the players

- great guts and heart !

- The OL is not doing as well as a year ago.. which I don’t get. Probably they are all just stacking box, daring us to throw and it’s resulting in our OL not being able to get holes. This is an issue. SAME BLUEPRINT ... stack box make Furman throw. That seems to keep everyone in game w us

- 11/27 passing. 3TD. 2. Interceptions. Great win but not enough pass efficiency. As others have said need 50/60%

- proud of D at 400 yards allowed. That’s decent against Samford. When it counted they stood up !!!!

I thunk the QB WAS across LOS. Instead of 2 and 19 was 2 and 1 .... but we stopped them !

- w loss of momentum at end of game I worried but I love OT calls. Throw then run inside 10 to get TD. Earlier I hated we threw twice on 2nd and 5 to get TD, which got us nothing. If we are a run team then run on 2nd and 5 at goal line !!

Last edited by gofurman on Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hypercycloid liked this
 #38052  by gofurman
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:17 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:48 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:28 pm
Football is a 60 minute game boys and girls.
I told you. Oh ye of little faith.

Oh yeh. That shit offense put up 525 yards. The oblong spheroid bounced our way.
Be careful. Hawg won’t let you say “ I told you”
 #38053  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:19 pm
I eat all my negative words but like someone said a lot of work to do. It gets tougher from here. Amazing win, keeps the season alive at least for anothe week.
dornb liked this
 #38054  by FUpaladin08
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:28 pm
Needed a confidence builder after the VMI loss. Plenty to work on but it should be no secret. Defenses will stack the box and force FU to throw. OC needs to be ready for for that and have some easy passes lined up to extend drives.
 #38055  by gofurman
apaladin wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:19 pm
I eat all my negative words but like someone said a lot of work to do. It gets tougher from here. Amazing win, keeps the season alive at least for anothe week.
Amazing win! Truly! But some of the criticism is still legitimate. We need either better OL work or passing - something to open running lanes. For most of the game we struggled to run. Which is our bread and butter
 #38056  by gofurman
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:29 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Needed a confidence builder after the VMI loss. Plenty to work on but it should be no secret. Defenses will stack the box and force FU to throw. OC needs to be ready for for that and have some easy passes lined up to extend drives.
THIS. And some special teams work damn punt return almost killed us
 #38083  by gofurman
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:48 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:13 pm
FUPlayer74 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:59 pm
For all the negative naysayers I'll say this, you don't have a clue what it takes to win a football game at this level.
couldn't be more proud of a team, and a quarterback.
While I agree to an extent - PHENOMENAL Comeback. Phenomenal!

But many of the SAME people told us we were gonna run 8-0 and undefeated in SoCon. We are one phenomenal- and it was awesome - comeback away from being out of the SoCon race at 1-2 in week 3 having played VMI, Western and samford? We haven’t even played Chatt or ETSU on road or Woff yet

And. CH told us our OL was bigger stronger and faster this year... compare our 40 and 30 point wins last year vs VMI and Samford w this year.

Anyway Super glad w the win. That took a lot of heart. Maybe biggest comeback I’ve personally seen by us? I’d have to think. Top 3 for sure. Hope we can keep it up. Just saying CH himself said he wasn’t prepared last week and while it wasn’t as blitz happy today we saw much the same dare-you-to-throw today. Gonna need better calls to beat it long term. We still seem to throw w too much heat on a few short passes each game.

And, as FUBeAR said last week - kudos to him - “not sure why they don’t jump our long throws to the sideline”. Samford did.

What did people see that did work and what could work more against extra man in box? I’m truly. asking. FUBeAR. Jackal those that usually answer - thanks in advance