• Sanford game thread.

#38018  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:21 pm
Offensive coaching sucks. As expected our D is not as good as advertised either. Imagine that.
bj93 liked this
 #38021  by gofurman
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:39 pm
furmandad wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:16 pm
2nd and 5 and we run two pass plays incomplete??? We're running at times when we should pass and passing when we should run. 2nd and 5; run the ball 3x if you need to. Unreal.
Agree that shocked em. 2nd and five to get a TD -Run. Run.
furmandad liked this
 #38022  by furmandad
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:47 pm
poor pass on 3rd down into double coverage with Miller on the sideline wide open.
 #38023  by Paladin91
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:51 pm
Our Defense is more porous than Swiss Cheese. Horrid! Program needs a definite change of direction. No halftime adjustments - poor coaching.
 #38024  by gofurman
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:54 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:51 pm
Our Defense is more porous than Swiss Cheese. Horrid! Program needs a definite change of direction. No halftime adjustments - poor coaching.
I might be seen as the Realist but I don’t think this is on the D. Again special teams (like VMI) this time w punt return - granted that dude is a freak! And I just don’t feel confident in our Ô, esp ability to pass !!!
FUpaladin08 liked this
 #38025  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:55 pm
Ok our short season is over! Much shorter than expected. Really don’t care if we play another game in the spring. This offense is unwatchable. Thought we were really going to be good by listening to all the hype. Never thought the spring season would be done after 3 gamex against arguably 3 of the worst teams in the league. The good thing is we don’t have to worry about standings or who beat who. The bad thing is we don’t even have the fall season to look forward to as I don’t see it getting any better in a few months. Very sad really. 😒
Dins&Heels liked this
 #38028  by Thorny
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:02 pm
First off, some of the fans on here suck the joy out of watching football way earlier in a season/game than is appropriate. I think with better recruiting and adjustments maybe Furman can put together a respectable fan base.

Secondly, I do not understand the offensive line's struggles. The running backs and offensive line were fine last year. There is no reason there should of been any real fall off in play in the running game now that Furman is older and more experienced in both areas.
 #38029  by Paladin91
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:05 pm
Thorny wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:02 pm
First off, some of the fans on here suck the joy out of watching football way earlier in a season/game than is appropriate. I think with better recruiting and adjustments maybe Furman can put together a respectable fan base.

Secondly, I do not understand the offensive lines struggles. The running backs and offensive line was fine last year. There is no reason there should of been any real fall off in play in the running game now that we are overall older and more experienced in both areas.

You can complain all you want about the fans. Fans are tired of seeing an underachieving product on the field.
 #38030  by SidBreamScores
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:06 pm
Gutsy drive from Hamp. Maybe he is more comfortable getting out of the pocket and rolling around out there. Good job kid.

Maybe it’s just me - I was thinking we had more speed. Maybe we do but just haven’t flashed it a lot.

Come on Dins let’s go !