• Lineup change for first tourney game

#37921  by apaladin
 Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:14 am
Just not a good time to not even know who’s starting IMHO. Should be settled now. Not good mentally for the team. Everyone should know their roll by now. Nothing against Pugh but is it good to start someone that hasn’t started all year now? We have proven we are not a good 3 guard team. More concerned about who finishes which we messed up Saturday night.
 #37922  by PaladinPower
 Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:35 am
apaladin wrote:
Just not a good time to not even know who’s starting IMHO. Should be settled now. Not good mentally for the team. Everyone should know their roll by now. Nothing against Pugh but is it good to start someone that hasn’t started all year now? We have proven we are not a good 3 guard team. More concerned about who finishes which we messed up Saturday night.
Changing up the line up worked perfectly fine before the WC game. Just trust the coach. Like me, you aren’t getting paid to win basketball games so try to keep the coaching advice to yourself.
 #37923  by Furmanoid
 Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:08 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Changing up the line up worked perfectly fine before the WC game. Just trust the coach. Like me, you aren’t getting paid to win basketball games so try to keep the coaching advice to yourself.
If you can’t offer coaching advice on the UFFP, then where in the hell can you? apaladin and I even offer it free of charge so ED has more to spend on the Furman Advantage.

But it doesn’t matter who starts. A good team can’t lose to VMI twice in one year. We aren’t good enough to be fluke proof, but they already had their fluke. VMI will offer enough resistance to get us back into the swing of things, but that’s it. Wofford is very unlikely to beat us 3 straight. UNCG just isn’t very good. We’re gonna win the tournament. I guarantee it.
FUBeAR, apaladin, underjack and 3 others liked this
 #37926  by Affirm
 Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:12 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:08 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
apaladin wrote:
If you can’t offer coaching advice on the UFFP, then where in the hell can you? apaladin and I even offer it free of charge so ED has more to spend on the Furman Advantage.

But it doesn’t matter who starts. A good team can’t lose to VMI twice in one year. We aren’t good enough to be fluke proof, but they already had their fluke. VMI will offer enough resistance to get us back into the swing of things, but that’s it. Wofford is very unlikely to beat us 3 straight. UNCG just isn’t very good. We’re gonna win the tournament. I guarantee it.
Good, I'm tired of waiting.
apaladin, Davemeister liked this
 #37949  by purplehorse
 Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:37 pm
Starting the players who had a good week in practice sounds like church ball to me. I don’t care who starts or finishes. I just want to WIN 3 games in a row PERIOD! I trust CBR. I am a self-proclaimed “church ball All-American” and I am confident that if CBR needs my advice, he will call me.

On a more serious note, it is now or never! Hoping we play out best ball the next 3 days and that we are hot at just the right time!
 #38065  by furpop16
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:02 pm
Fuonetime wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:15 am
According to zoom call yesterday with CBR expect either Hein or Pugh to start. Coach is positive about our team going into the Socon tourney.
Pugh starts. His D must have improved ... hope his 3 is still hot.