• THE POSITIVES

#37802  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:28 pm
If GSU started talking to DG after that game, then that would be an NCAA violation. FWIW on the botched snap on our last play CCH said Deluca was not supposed to be where he was.
 #37815  by AstroDin
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:21 pm
Thank goodness I've had a ton of work to do and I totally expected an epic message board meltdown.

For me… I learned a long time ago to not let a loss wreck my day, my weekend, my mood. It's just not worth it for me personally - and those that know me know I bleed purple.

As bad as I feel and I've been around players, coaches, and parents after a tough loss they feel worse.

Clay is a winner, I believe in him, and I believe he and the staff will fix it. He's not into coaching to lose games.
It was posted on a thread about the fourth year starting a decline - I'm not buying it with Clay and this staff. Maybe I'll eat my words - let me hear about it if I'm wrong.

Back to the positives… our defense is pretty darn good, this week will be a test, I'm looked forward to seeing our pass rush let loose on Samford.

Kendall Thomas (curious why Dan Scott keeps calling him Kendall Joesph) is the real deal - been telling you guys that for over a year :-) With Wynn and Anderson also in stable Furman will have to figure out how best to get KT more touches. I'll bet there are few if any SoCon players that can run him down on the edge.
Roundball, FurmAlum, QCGlue and 2 others liked this
 #37816  by FUBeAR
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:09 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:21 pm
Thank goodness I've had a ton of work to do and I totally expected an epic message board meltdown.

For me… I learned a long time ago to not let a loss wreck my day, my weekend, my mood. It's just not worth it for me personally - and those that know me know I bleed purple.

As bad as I feel and I've been around players, coaches, and parents after a tough loss they feel worse.

Clay is a winner, I believe in him, and I believe he and the staff will fix it. He's not into coaching to lose games.
It was posted on a thread about the fourth year starting a decline - I'm not buying it with Clay and this staff. Maybe I'll eat my words - let me hear about it if I'm wrong.

Back to the positives… our defense is pretty darn good, this week will be a test, I'm looked forward to seeing our pass rush let loose on Samford.

Kendall Thomas (curious why Dan Scott keeps calling him Kendall Joesph) is the real deal - been telling you guys that for over a year :-) With Wynn and Anderson also in stable Furman will have to figure out how best to get KT more touches. I'll bet there are few if any SoCon players that can run him down on the edge.
Good post. All true. Haven’t seen the whole game. Looked OK at the beginning. Hope I have time to see where/when/how the O ‘broke.’ You’re right though. This D is very good. That’s what I noticed when I watched WCU game. Young bucks flying to the Football & locking down Retrievers with swagger.

Did see the FU version of the butt-fumble. Was watching that one on my phone...ready to collect my $5 from my Ursine Offspring...upon the Football splitting the uprights on the next play. Had to Venmo out $5 instead.

That stuff just happens, thankfully, not very often. My personal Coaching theory is the closer you get to scoring, the more you simplify EVERYTHING. I’ve said it way too many times here...back in the day...on the goal line, 48 sweep was coming at you 3, maybe 4 times in a row...and we told ‘em it was a-comin’. We were gonna win or lose running 48 sweep right at ‘em. How they gonna stop a play we repped 1000 times / year? And we sure weren’t likely to make a mistake running it. Awful way to lose to VMI...we’ll get past it though. I suspect to see all 12 cylinders hittin’ in perfect synchronization this Saturday.

Also - here’s the answer to your question - https://clemsontigers.com/sports/footb ... ll-joseph/
FurmAlum, AstroDin, Affirm and 1 others liked this
 #37838  by AstroDin
 Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:54 am
Thanks, Bear… few things get under my skin but I did yell out Saturday for Dan to quit calling KT - Kendall Joesph my wife thought I was nuts.
FUBeAR, dornb liked this
 #37839  by Affirm
 Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:12 am
Thanks BeAR. I had to look up “Ursine”. Now I know. Learn a lot on UFFP, & sometimes you provide some of the best of learning opportunities.
FUBeAR liked this
 #37840  by DeepPurple
 Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:17 am
I trust that our crowd will get better from this game. 2020 and 2021 have been some crazy years. We just need to take care of our business this week. Our players and coaches are winners. They can handle the "noise".
FUBeAR, AstroDin, FUKA61 liked this
 #37887  by AstroDin
 Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:32 am
One overlooked position that is looking very positive for 2021 Spring is punting. Bleekrode is averaging 43.1 yards per kick - second in the SoCon.

Also not sure how long this will last but DeLuca is leading the SoCon in receiving yards per game at 85.5 yards per game. Zach Peterson is 7th in the SoCon averaging 50.5 yards per game.

Two games into the season IMO the x-factor for the Dins is #17, Kendall Thomas. KT is 8.3 yards per rush, KTs game isn't just carrying the ball - he's a very skilled receiver.
FUKA61 liked this