• Webster Defintion

#37682  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:57 pm
I looked it up. Yes it is there!
Furmanfan: A person who supports and roots for Furman University sports teams. The Paladins, yes that is what they are called usually field teams good enough for said fans to get their hopes up and have unrealistic expectations but the Paladins can never get the job done or live up to expectations. Before becoming a Furmanfan be aware it is very detrimental to your health as well as those close to you.
fufanatic, Affirm liked this
 #37712  by FUPlayer74
 Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:56 am
apaladin wrote:
Furmanfan: A person who supports and roots for Furman University sports teams. The Paladins, yes that is what they are called usually field teams good enough for said fans to get their hopes up and have unrealistic expectations but the Paladins can never get the job done or live up to expectations. Before becoming a Furmanfan be aware it is very detrimental to your health as well as those close to you.
I suppose you can opt out as a Furmanfan if you like. For health reasons or whatever. I'm sure all would understand. But then again how can you opt out of something that you never really were to begin with?
 #37713  by FUPlayer74
 Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:57 am
apaladin wrote:
I suppose you can opt out as a Furmanfan if you like. For health reasons or whatever. I'm sure all would understand. But then again how can you opt out of something that you never really were to begin with?
 #37729  by purplehorse
 Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:32 am
Unless we at a minimum beat VMI and Wofford and get to the finals of the Southern Conference Tourney this season will have been a huge disappointment.

The only way it can be a “really good season” is if we win the tournament. Remember this was “the year”.
 #37738  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:18 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Unless we at a minimum beat VMI and Wofford and get to the finals of the Southern Conference Tourney this season will have been a huge disappointment.

The only way it can be a “really good season” is if we win the tournament. Remember this was “the year”.
Not to mention there was no really good team standing in our way like usual. It was ours for the taking and we blew it. Plain and simple
 #37756  by purplehorse
 Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:48 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:18 pm
purplehorse wrote:

Not to mention there was no really good team standing in our way like usual. It was ours for the taking and we blew it. Plain and simple

We have one more chance-the tournament.