• The morning after

#3691  by Flagman
 Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:09 pm
I was at Elon and the morning after, the sun was up. By the morning after, I'm already looking to our next opponent.
 #3692  by Jasper
 Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:18 pm
I didn't mean they had a lot a new players, GF; although there were some. I said the team made a huge leap in class from year to year - mostly with players who we faced last year. I assume from what Purpleglasses wrote that Mr. Cignetti and staff had a lot to do with that.... in whatever manner he employs. Similar to what CCH did last year with several players who had been with FU for a hile - the TE for example. Of one thing I am certain. That was not the same Elon team we faced last year. Kudos to Mr. Cignetti. He has a very impressive. resume and appears to be on the way up.
 #3704  by The Jackal
 Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:08 pm
Jasper wrote:
I didn't mean they had a lot a new players, GF; although there were some. I said the team made a huge leap in class from year to year - mostly with players who we faced last year. I assume from what Purpleglasses wrote that Mr. Cignetti and staff had a lot to do with that.... in whatever manner he employs. Similar to what CCH did last year with several players who had been with FU for a hile - the TE for example. Of one thing I am certain. That was not the same Elon team we faced last year. Kudos to Mr. Cignetti. He has a very impressive. resume and appears to be on the way up.
Not to pump them up too much, but they also played us without Malcolm Summers last season in the playoffs and sparingly against us in game 1. Summers is an all american caliber running back.
 #3767  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:49 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:08 pm
Jasper wrote:
Not to pump them up too much, but they also played us without Malcolm Summers last season in the playoffs and sparingly against us in game 1. Summers is an all american caliber running back.
Props to you for mentioning this Jackal. Summers, number 5. A STUD. Yeah, I was pretty impressed w him vs USF. really impressed. Funny how when we beat them last year no one says much about him not playing - just that we won.

Honestly, I have to wonder if they sweep us had he played in both games. He can be a game changer