• Injuris?

#3395  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:01 pm
Sounds like Harris Roberts still has a sore hand. No secret here. He was thus pushed down depth chart

***. Is Morehead ok? I like him - real weapon w speed!!! I think he only ran ball once? Would appreciate an answer. PM me if you want if you prefer and I won't say anything public. . Thanks !!! Maybe they don't use him bc we couldn't get edge v Clemson? But we did run QB plays to edge ....

Go Paladins
 #3528  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:04 pm
Three injuris

Man. From radio. - Devonta Porter had surgery. Out 2 weeks. Kearse out w hip. Also at OT someone out. I think McKinney is in
 #3729  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:11 am
Three injuris
Man. From radio. - Devonta Porter had surgery. Out 2 or 3 weeks. Kearse out w hip. How long? Also at OG someone out. I think McKinney is in
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone know what's the latest at Left Guard ? I think it was LG? Are Conrad and McKinney out? I think Auer came in?

would appreciate any information - PM me if you want to keep it off the board !@ The prior stuff about Porter and Kearse was on our radio show pre-game so its public knowledge

Any other injuris from Saturday ?

Thanks in advance !
 #3744  by Paul C
 Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:51 pm
see Colgate game release post but appears Braden Gilby is hurt and Q Weems is not on 2-deep either
 #3755  by Flagman
 Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:09 pm
Any information on injuries should be kept off these public forums. If it isn’t mentioned in the official game release, let’s not speculate on injuries. I have it on good authority that coaches read these boards, ours and every other school on our schedule hoping to gain “inside “ information. Let’s be vigilant about the information we post, especially that we gain from watching practice session. We all want what’s best for the Paladins. Thanks, your moderators.
FUBeAR, dornb liked this
 #3756  by gman
 Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:14 pm
Your point is a good one. That said, coaches that have time to read forums have much bigger issues. I doubt there is a coach in America that has that kind of time. If so, they aren’t winning.
Jasper, furman88 liked this
 #3757  by JohnW
 Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:30 pm
Heard on Dan's show Conrad did not travel with the team last Saturday and isn't listed this week either. Weems did leave the game Saturday. Glad to see Watkins listed.
 #3759  by Jasper
 Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:45 pm
I agree with you, gman. I can't imagine college coaches spending their time trying to gather valuable "inside" information by reading clearly speculative posts from fans who may be sitting around computers in their pajamas. Paints kind of a sad picture, doesn't it?
 #3761  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:48 pm
Jasper wrote:
I agree with you, gman. I can't imagine college coaches spending their time trying to gather valuable "inside" information by reading clearly speculative posts from fans who may be sitting around computers in their pajamas. Paints kind of a sad picture, doesn't it?
I've watched Furman football long enough to know that the depth chart is sort of a moving target. Sometimes a guy plays, sometimes he doesn't.
 #3762  by fufanatic
 Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:52 pm
gman wrote:
Your point is a good one. That said, coaches that have time to read forums have much bigger issues. I doubt there is a coach in America that has that kind of time. If so, they aren’t winning.
I agree, but while there's no chance Nick Saban or even Clay Hendrix is on the message boards, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it isn't a grad assistant's or quality control person's responsibility at most schools to find all the scuttlebutt out there on the opposition heading into the week, articles, message boards etc. I once heard that the SID at Rutgers used to have to have a stack of clips highlighted with important information on the desk of Greg Schiano by the time he walked in each morning. Not sure if that included message boards, but who knows.

All that said, if the UFFP is blamed for the reason why the Paladins lose on a Saturday, it's time to make some changes to the program.
AstroDin liked this
 #3763  by gman
 Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:03 pm
I’ll be even more blunt. There is not a legit football program in America that has a coach or any graduate assistant, or any flunkie, looking at fan forum sites.
gofurman liked this
 #3764  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:17 pm
fufanatic wrote:
gman wrote:
I agree, but while there's no chance Nick Saban or even Clay Hendrix is on the message boards, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it isn't a grad assistant's or quality control person's responsibility at most schools to find all the scuttlebutt out there on the opposition heading into the week, articles, message boards etc. I once heard that the SID at Rutgers used to have to have a stack of clips highlighted with important information on the desk of Greg Schiano by the time he walked in each morning. Not sure if that included message boards, but who knows.

All that said, if the UFFP is blamed for the reason why the Paladins lose on a Saturday, it's time to make some changes to the program.

I hope the last coaching staff read my post three years ago stating that I was deciphering their offensive playcall signals from my living room couch 250 miles away.

I probably should have written a letter.
gofurman, Paul C liked this
 #3765  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:40 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:17 pm
fufanatic wrote:
gman wrote:

I hope the last coaching staff read my post three years ago stating that I was deciphering their offensive playcall signals from my living room couch 250 miles away.

I probably should have written a letter.
YOU ARE SPOT ON JACKAL> after you wrote that I started watching for it and - with no real football knowledge - was able to pick up our playcalling from what you had written !! I was EMBARRASED for our program.. E M B A R R A S E D.

Maybe they SHOULD read the forums. LOL

That said, I understand Flags point - so I noted I only put those injuris on the forum after they were said on the radio. So if CCH wanted them private he needs to speak with the radio guys like Marcus McMorris etc ;) ... I only repeated what they announced. I will say I have always felt if coaches we are about to face can't figure out who played and didn't play from our prior (Elon) tape then, well, they aren't real bright..... If these other coaches are getting their info from here then let's just make up information

And I would love a PM - would be much appreicated. Several on here can attest that I don't divulge what is sent to me in a PM
 #3766  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:24 pm
Jasper wrote:
Hate to give away ‘trade secrets,’ but FUBeAR once picked up from 1 Team’s Message Board (from a very reliable source intimately familiar with the topic) that another Team’s Starting QB was going to be out due to a completely unreported injury and that a different QB (with a different skill set) was going to be ‘the guy’ in the game against a 3rd Team the following week. That 3rd Team knew what was coming & prepared accordingly.

So...as much as I might ramble and roam on these here Interwebs, I sure would hope that I never provide any info that could possibly assist any Team in any way in preparing for the Team(s) I support. The safe thing to do, IMO, is assume that every Player & every Coach, and every individual Player’s parents, are reading everything you post.
Flagman, AstroDin liked this
 #3785  by JohnW
 Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:42 pm
JohnW wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:30 pm
Heard on Dan's show Conrad did not travel with the team last Saturday and isn't listed this week either. Weems did leave the game Saturday. Glad to see Watkins listed.
Jacob Conrad is no longer listed on the roster.