• FIRST PLACE!,,,

#37302  by Sad Din
 Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:02 pm
Yes! But there's a nu scenario

If Dins win they are Champs

But if UNCG and Dins lose... woofy is champs.
apaladin liked this
 #37304  by Sad Din
 Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:11 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:06 pm
Saturday will be fun! Football in the afternoon and the main event with the SoCon basketball championship on the line in the evening!
and dont forget XC, Tennis, WLax and Softball too!
 #37305  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:16 pm
I am excited about Saturday but sort of dread the game Saturday night, if you know what I mean. Its in their hands, we’ll see how they do. You know Wofford will be sky high. This game will not be one we need to experiment with 6 different lineups the first 5 minutes like tonight. The game is on channel 62 locally.
Sad Din, dornb liked this
 #37311  by Sad Din
 Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:27 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:16 pm
I am excited about Saturday but sort of dread the game Saturday night, if you know what I mean. Its in their hands, we’ll see how they do. You know Wofford will be sky high. This game will not be one we need to experiment with 6 different lineups the first 5 minutes like tonight. The game is on channel 62 locally.
agree with the lineups and it seemed very crazy but at the end CIT was worn out and Dins were fresh. Maybe Coach knows what he is doing. Seems like there are at least 3 reliable players that can come off the bench which is good
 #37318  by FurmAlum
 Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:09 pm
I thought the mass subs throughout the first half was crazy too, but it resulted in our guys having fresh legs the last 6 minutes of the game.

Dean Smith used to do that a lot. Play a lot of players in the first half playing frenzied defense and in the second half mostly stick with the starters with a few key subs. He won a few games doing that.

I would like to see something similar Sat. night but maybe not quite as much as tonight. We need to smother Murphy with defense rotating several players to wear him down.
DoomedDin1127, QCGlue liked this
 #37320  by purplehorse
 Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:28 pm
We should play to let anybody beat us rather than Murphy.. He is not tall and it is not like he is Isaiah Miller. I would cover him like glue.

Who is our best defensive player to shut him down?
Last edited by purplehorse on Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #37321  by purplehorse
 Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:33 pm
Fuonetime wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:22 pm
I NEVER DOUBTED WE WOULD WIN THE TITLE. OK MAYBE A LITTLE BIT!
I will celebrate only after we do it. What is sort of shocking is that we control our own destiny. It has not been pretty and again I don’t think the top 4 are as dominant this year. The league parity is pretty crazy. It would be nice to beat Wofford, be regular season champs and go into Asheville on a roll. I think the tourney is wide open. It is literally going to be which team gets hot at the right time plus a little luck.
 #37322  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:34 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:09 pm
I thought the mass subs throughout the first half was crazy too, but it resulted in our guys having fresh legs the last 6 minutes of the game.

Dean Smith used to do that a lot. Play a lot of players in the first half playing frenzied defense and in the second half mostly stick with the starters with a few key subs. He won a few games doing that.

I would like to see something similar Sat. night but maybe not quite as much as tonight. We need to smother Murphy with defense rotating several players to wear him down.
IMHO, The subbing had very little to do with having fresh legs at the end. Hunter, Bothwell and Gurley all played 33 or 34 mins and Mounce played 31. The crazy subbing did have a lot to do with almost losing.
 #37325  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:00 pm
I posted earlier today that I wished uncg would pull a FU when we won by 18 on Monday and lost by 6 on Wednesday. Lo and behold they did! They won by 21 and lost by 1. Wishes do come true. 👍
FUpaladin08, furpop16, QCGlue and 2 others liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.