• Five fifth-year seniors delay graduation to play this spring

#36984  by The Jackal
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:47 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:47 pm
Is there an MBA program anywhere in Greenville? Seems like FU could use one just to keep our players around. I guess for nonscholarship people it would cost more than anybody’s willing to pay.
I was once told that Furman is a small liberal arts college and, for many reasons, wants to stay that way.
 #36987  by FUBeAR
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:24 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
Is there an MBA program anywhere in Greenville? Seems like FU could use one just to keep our players around. I guess for nonscholarship people it would cost more than anybody’s willing to pay.
I was once told that Furman is a small liberal arts college and, for many reasons, wants to stay that way.
Got 80% of my MBA sitting in the Classroom Building of that small liberal arts college...and Furman Football paid for it.

Is my graduate degree besmirched or is FU besmirched from having made that option available to me. I’m confused.

Don’t worry though - that one (once I finished that other 20%) only says Clempson on it.

FUBeAR well recognizes that FU is forever besmirched (and regretful) for allowing me to have another one displaying the Furman name AND also having my name on it.
 #36989  by Furmanoid
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:26 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
The small liberal arts college calls itself a university and offers a half dozen masters programs. Didn’t realize an MBA was so low brow and offensive.
 #36996  by Affirm
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:02 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Apparently there may be MBA programs "in Greenville" offered by each of (1) Clemson, (2) Anderson University, and (3) North Greenville University.
 #37003  by The Jackal
 Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:58 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:24 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
Got 80% of my MBA sitting in the Classroom Building of that small liberal arts college...and Furman Football paid for it.

Is my graduate degree besmirched or is FU besmirched from having made that option available to me. I’m confused.

Don’t worry though - that one (once I finished that other 20%) only says Clempson on it.

FUBeAR well recognizes that FU is forever besmirched (and regretful) for allowing me to have another one displaying the Furman name AND also having my name on it.

No. Furman doesn't offer a lot of graduate programs. It's not a criticism of the programs that they do offer.

It's a difference in schools like Wofford/Furman and Samford/Mercer. You can offer grad programs, but at the latter schools graduate students are a significant chunk of their university.