• UTC and Samford forfiet games against Furman (Updated Standings)

#36965  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:51 am
Flagman wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:11 pm
Here is the reply I got when I asked about scheduling postponed games:
Thanks for the inquiry. We have been rescheduling games throughout the season based on various scheduling parameters approved by our Athletics Directors related to travel, missed class time, and ensuring that teams were not playing too many games in compressed time frames to help maintain student-athlete safety and avoid unnecessary injuries and fatigue.

As has been the case in all Division I conferences, it has been understood by everyone from the beginning that not all games may be able to be completed during the regular season.

We continue to explore opportunities for the rescheduling of games and continue to have conversations with our athletic departments about the potential to reschedule games that currently have not been announced, however, if a game has not been rescheduled to date it is that it has not yet found a window for a reschedule opportunity that falls within our established parameters.

Geoff Cabe / Senior Associate Commissioner
gcabe@socon.org
Is this what some call a "non-answer" answer?

I got the exact same copy/paste response, its just plain lazy negligence on the the part of the SoCon office to turn the cheek and do nothing
 #36967  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:18 am
One simple reason UTC admin is trying to avoid coming to Greenville on March 1st, FU has won 5 straight games vs. UTC in Greenville (most games being blowouts) with FU winning by an average of 12ppg
(FU has also won 8 straight overall against UTC)

They are scared, very very scared
 #36969  by Roundball
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:52 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:48 am
Roundball wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:00 am
How many threads do we need on the stupid topic?

Relax, the only one acting stupid is you

There is ZERO reason why UTC @ Furman on March 1st should not already be scheduled
Be careful what you wish for. UTC might need the game to be played, but we might not. That said, I expect the SoCon has already reached a tentative agreement from both teams if the game is needed. Show a little patience and let this thing play out. The SoCon will do what is right for the teams and for the conference. So far, considering the circumstances, I think they have done a tremendous job. Keep in mind that I am not normally one to give the SoCon must credit for anything.
 #36970  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:08 am
Roundball wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:

There is ZERO reason why UTC @ Furman on March 1st should not already be scheduled
Be careful what you wish for. UTC might need the game to be played, but we might not. That said, I expect the SoCon has already reached a tentative agreement from both teams if the game is needed. Show a little patience and let this thing play out. The SoCon will do what is right for the teams and for the conference. So far, considering the circumstances, I think they have done a tremendous job. Keep in mind that I am not normally one to give the SoCon must credit for anything.
Going to be an interesting next couple of weeks ;)

Your latest thoughts on SoCon tournament happening or not?
 #36971  by apaladin
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:09 am
If I were FU I would refuse to play UTC on Mar. 1. Chances are it could only hurt FU. If we end up tied, say with uncg we will still be a game short. If by chance we end up first it could knock us out of first. I don’t see any scenario where this game would need to be played to help FU.
Roundball, Affirm liked this
 #36973  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:29 am
Now in the most basic terms we can only hope that:

A) UNCG plays all 4 remaining games (no new covid issues) and loses 1

B) FU gets in all 4 remaining games (no new covid issues) and wins all 4

C) If B happens UNCG could also have 2, 3 or 4 games affected by covid to aid FU, :lol:
Not really funny funny, but funny because it is true
Affirm liked this
 #36980  by Roundball
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:19 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:08 am
Roundball wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:

Going to be an interesting next couple of weeks ;)

Your latest thoughts on SoCon tournament happening or not?
Unless there is a large covid outbreak among the teams, it looks it will happen. It is in the best interests of the mid-major conferences to have tournaments. However, doing so will cost those conferences a lot of money. Can the SoCon afford that?
 #36992  by apaladin
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:23 pm
Still very skeptical that the tourney happens. Knowing the SoCon it wouldn’t take much of an excuse for them to call it off. Like someone in the office’s second cousin knew someone that tested positive and I quote “in the intetest of health and safety the tournament will not be held.”
 #36995  by Affirm
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:52 pm
Roundball wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:

Wonderful if true that SoCon is doing something that is "a tremendous job" and "will do what is right for the teams and for the conference.". I do not know if it is true. I do know that I seldom see positive comments about the SoCon administration on this message board.
 #37001  by Roundball
 Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:00 am
affirm wrote:
Roundball wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:

Wonderful if true that SoCon is doing something that is "a tremendous job" and "will do what is right for the teams and for the conference.". I do not know if it is true. I do know that I seldom see positive comments about the SoCon administration on this message board.
Quite frankly, there are seldom positive comments toward our Furman teams and the Furman administration. This board has become a contest on which poster can be the most negative or the most sarcastic.
 #37002  by FUBeAR
 Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:48 am
Roundball wrote:
affirm wrote:
Roundball wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:

Quite frankly, there are seldom positive comments toward our Furman teams and the Furman administration. This board has become a contest on which poster can be the most negative or the most sarcastic.
Does that negativism include negative comments about the posters/posts here or nah?
 #37013  by Sad Din
 Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:20 am
Roundball wrote:
affirm wrote:
Roundball wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:

Hilarious. This is what happens when living in a bubble. Look at some of the other forums around the country. This place is very tamed compared to those.

Look at the posts in the "other sports" section. Kudos to Teams that are doing well. Positive things earn positive posts and vice versa.
apaladin liked this