• Depth Chart

#36946  by Flagman
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:18 pm
Why don't we see how "this" team performs? This team has never played together. College football teams are new every year. Past history has no bearing on future performance. I believe they will be great every year until they prove differently.
hypercycloid, apaladin, din23 and 1 others liked this
 #36960  by Affirm
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:16 pm
Flagman wrote:
Why don't we see how "this" team performs? This team has never played together. College football teams are new every year. Past history has no bearing on future performance. I believe they will be great every year until they prove differently.
I also believe they will be great this year. We will find out soon.
 #36966  by gofurman
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:02 am
Flagman wrote:
Flag, I respect your opinions but find this one odd... I hope our team is great.. But teams are not completely "new" every year - that's why they list "returning starters" as a key stat.

If past history has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on future results then I guess all that Tom Brady stuff was just random luck? Tom Brady's past history has NO bearing on his future performance>???? - Or, perhaps more to your point of the larger team's success and in college - so Alabama is "New" every year and so wins on LUCK ??? NOPE. They return 12 great players and reload with 15 more. It's a pattern - a process if you will :D ... it isn't random luck and it's not a completely "New" team. Half of the team is new and half is the same.. Now sometimes they mesh (chemistry) differently, I certainly grant that.

All that said, please hear that I think we could win the SoCon - we did two years ago and we have made the playoffs. CH is doing a great job - that's a huge part of the equation too.. the coaching and development. And I think we have that and I like what I see !! That's yet another part of the ongoing continuity where, again, past results do have a bearing on future performance. I just can't accept that each team is Completely new and independent though I get what you are saying. To wit: I think most would agree that as long as we had Ingle Martin or App had Armanti Edwards those were stellar teams... And they were right. I'm just saying It's not a totally new team each year. And I am glad for that as we have been good and getting better !!!

Gofurman - let win tomorrow !!
 #36976  by Paul C
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:15 am
College football success, or lack thereof, is far more transitory than NFL.

BTW, I could turn around your Tom Brady example and turn it into a Tampa Bay example to prove Flag's point.
 #36977  by gofurman
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:21 am
Paul C wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:15 am
College football success, or lack thereof, is far more transitory than NFL.

BTW, I could turn around your Tom Brady example and turn it into a Tampa Bay example to prove Flag's point.
I thought about that w Tampa Bay too.. LOL. But it's the players they brought in that made it obvious to me - and everyone - they would win more.. It's not a mystery there. It's smart decisions and law of averages.... anyhow

Let's get a win tomorrow - goDins!!
 #36979  by FUBeAR
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:05 pm
gofurman wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:02 am
Flagman wrote:
Flag, I respect your opinions but find this one odd... I hope our team is great.. But teams are not completely "new" every year - that's why they list "returning starters" as a key stat.

If past history has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on future results then I guess all that Tom Brady stuff was just random luck? Tom Brady's past history has NO bearing on his future performance>???? - Or, perhaps more to your point of the larger team's success and in college - so Alabama is "New" every year and so wins on LUCK ??? NOPE. They return 12 great players and reload with 15 more. It's a pattern - a process if you will :D ... it isn't random luck and it's not a completely "New" team. Half of the team is new and half is the same.. Now sometimes they mesh (chemistry) differently, I certainly grant that.

All that said, please hear that I think we could win the SoCon - we did two years ago and we have made the playoffs. CH is doing a great job - that's a huge part of the equation too.. the coaching and development. And I think we have that and I like what I see !! That's yet another part of the ongoing continuity where, again, past results do have a bearing on future performance. I just can't accept that each team is Completely new and independent though I get what you are saying. To wit: I think most would agree that as long as we had Ingle Martin or App had Armanti Edwards those were stellar teams... And they were right. I'm just saying It's not a totally new team each year. And I am glad for that as we have been good and getting better !!!

Gofurman - let win tomorrow !!
You are selling Alabama WAAAAAYYYYY short. They will return 50 great players and reload with 25 more.
gofurman liked this