• UTC and Samford forfiet games against Furman (Updated Standings)

#36906  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:10 am
It is already on record that UTC and Samford have been trying to avoid playing their make-up games with Furman.

This kind of behavior from fellow SoCon members is unacceptable and extremely poor sportsmanship as Furman has a chance to win the SoCon. (VMI even tried to evade coming to Greenville until the SoCon stepped in)
Furman rightfully gets full credit for these wins as forfeit's from UTC and Samford.

If the SoCon would like to step in and reschedule these games then the standings will be updated to reflect the SoCon's actions of actually giving a crap. Until that happens these are the accurate current standings. (To this point the SoCon has already been screwing around doing nothing and wasting 3 weeks)

STANDINGS:
Furman 10-4
UNCG 10-4
Wofford 10-5
UTC 9-6
ETSU 8-6
VMI 7-6
Mercer 6-7
Citadel 4-9
Samford 2-10
WCU 2-11
 #36909  by FUBeAR
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:14 am
Just curious - do these “updated standings” include all games against all Teams that appear to be unlikely to be rescheduled for reasons as described in your post?
 #36910  by DungeonRealm
I will be writing the SoCon office to send a long complaint in how they have handled the past month of the season, I suggest all you Paladin fans do the same, we have a voice that matters and the day the SoCon does not care about our voice will be the day we need to look to leave this league.
DoomedDin1127, QCGlue liked this
 #36911  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:17 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Just curious - do these “updated standings” include all games against all Teams that appear to be unlikely to be rescheduled for reasons as described in your post?

For example?
What other games have not been rescheduled but strongly attempted to be rescheduled by at least one school?
It seems to me there are some schools that are not cooperating and displaying fair sportsmanship, those schools need to be severely punished for their actions (or in this case lack of action)
 #36915  by FUBeAR
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:23 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

For example?
What other games have not been rescheduled but strongly attempted to be rescheduled by at least one school?
It seems to me there are some schools that are not cooperating and displaying fair sportsmanship, those schools need to be severely punished for their actions (or in this case lack of action)
I have no idea. You seem to have put a lot of thought/ effort into this & I have not. Simply asking if this takes a macro SoCon view or only an FU-centric one. Don’t care which - just curious...as I said.
 #36916  by Roundball
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:26 am
When the regular season is completed, we might just find out not playing a couple of games was to our advantage. What will you say if we win the regular season title with not playing those two games? Come on, the SoCon is doing the best it can in a difficult year. Accept it and move on. We just need to finish strong for the next two weeks and then win the tourney. That is all that matters.
Last edited by Roundball on Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
mathprofhiker liked this
 #36917  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:28 am
FUBeAR wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

For example?
I have no idea. You seem to have put a lot of thought/ effort into this & I have not. Simply asking if this takes a macro SoCon view or only an FU-centric one. Don’t care which - just curious...as I said.

I am going ahead and getting ahead of this and letting it be known that FURMAN (a contenting team) will not be taken advantage of by other SoCon member schools and the league office itself, this will not go by the waste side and we will not go quietly into the night if that's what the SoCon is hoping for as it seems they are trying to turn a blind eye to the topic.
 #36918  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:29 am
Roundball wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:26 am
When the regular season is completed, we might just find out not playing a couple of games was to our advantage. We just need to finish strong for the next two weeks and then win the tourney. That is all that matters.
Yes of course we need to finish strong, but I am not going to just sit back and let the SoCon get off on easy street without voicing the issue, just not in my nature

Major league BS to try and excuse the SoCon Roundball, if the SoCon was worth 2 cents we would have played Samford back to back just now and already have UTC scheduled for March 1st

The SoCon has been lazy to act, they have done less than the bare minimum and that is a fact
apaladin liked this
 #36922  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:43 am
Samford is a problem obviously. They postponed 5 games and have made up 1. You would think UTC would want to make up the FU game as they actually have a chance to finish first. If I were FU I would refuse to play if there is no benefit to FU. UTC has done the same to us until now.
 #36925  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:49 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:43 am
Samford is a problem obviously. They postponed 5 games and have made up 1. You would think UTC would want to make up the FU game as they actually have a chance to finish first. If I were FU I would refuse to play if there is no benefit to FU. UTC has done the same to us until now.
Exactly my thoughts, UTC which is also still in the running is displaying some incredibly poor behavior as a SoCon member trying to avoid a road game, if they do not comply to reschedule the game then they should be punished for it.
If that is the case why should we even bother going to Mercer or going to Wofford? Its turning into a joke at this point really.
 #36926  by FUBeAR
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:07 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

For example?

I am going ahead and getting ahead of this and letting it be known that FURMAN (a contenting team) will not be taken advantage of by other SoCon member schools and the league office itself, this will not go by the waste side and we will not go quietly into the night if that's what the SoCon is hoping for as it seems they are trying to turn a blind eye to the topic.
Um...yeah...OK...thanks. I’ll withdraw the (honest) question. Not really that important (to me).

You ROCK ON! GIVE ‘EM HELL!

* not go gentle into the good night - it was a Jeopardy question/answer last night...so...thought I’d pass it along. I would have missed it also...as did all 3 contestants.
 #36928  by Roundball
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:24 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

For example?

You talk as if you can do something about it. I am more concerned about us winning the remaining games on the schedule than what the SoCon is doing to fix the season. If we win out, we will win the regular season. UTC will lose a game.
 #36930  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:36 pm
Roundball wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:24 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

For example?

You talk as if you can do something about it. I am more concerned about us winning the remaining games on the schedule than what the SoCon is doing to fix the season. If we win out, we will win the regular season. UTC will lose a game.

I can do more to let my voice be heard to the SoCon office than I can on impacting the results of Furman's remaining games
FUBeAR liked this
 #36935  by cavedweller2
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:54 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:07 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

For example?

Um...yeah...OK...thanks. I’ll withdraw the (honest) question. Not really that important (to me).

You ROCK ON! GIVE ‘EM HELL!

* not go gentle into the good night - it was a Jeopardy question/answer last night...so...thought I’d pass it along. I would have missed it also...as did all 3 contestants.
Rage, Rage against the dying of the light.
FUBeAR liked this