• Samford @ Furman Feb. 17

#36868  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:02 pm
FYI- WCU got outscored 12-0 the last 4:09 of regulation and lost in OT at UTC. Losers know how to lose.
 #36884  by purplehorse
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:32 am
Mounce zero points and 0-3 shooting.

Someone please explain how he only took 3 total shots, especially when there are nights when he shoots near-NBA 3 point shots. Does he just shoot when he is “feeling it?” I honestly don’t get it.

And Bothwell takes 17 shots. At one point I thought he should only take short shots as his 3’s were so far off and FINALLY he hit two 3’s. Maybe that will be the start of a confidence streak for him.
 #36885  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:44 am
purplehorse wrote:

Someone please explain how he only took 3 total shots, especially when there are nights when he shoots near-NBA 3 point shots. Does he just shoot when he is “feeling it?” I honestly don’t get it.

And Bothwell takes 17 shots. At one point I thought he should only take short shots as his 3’s were so far off and FINALLY he hit two 3’s. Maybe that will be the start of a confidence streak for him.
I posted 5 minutes into the game that Mounce didn’t seem into the game tonight aka excited, fired up. He’s just too good to go scoreless and its happened more than once. Not only him but we have had several zero point games from our key players. To CM’s credit he did have 8 rebounds and 4 assists. I will take the Bothwell we saw tonight any day over the one we saw against WC.
 #36887  by furman86
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:46 am
All players will have at least one game when they are off.

If Mounce is going to have a game in which he does not score, thank goodness it was the same night that Hunter shot the lights out. Hunter was in the zone all night.
Davemeister, apaladin liked this
 #36888  by Fuonetime
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:34 am
I had a somewhat different take. It seemed to me that Clay was looking to pass first and find the open man. Could it be that he has big scoring nights and wants to get other players involved and have a chance to score some points? I saw it as an opportunity for him to spread the wealth, build confidence in his teammates and set an example of team first. Hope i’m right. Clay is one of our most talented players and we need him to be successful. Go Dins!
DoomedDin1127 liked this
 #36896  by stonemd
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:33 am
I have ESPN plus and was watching Furman, ETSU and UNCG last night - tv , laptop and iPad. You need to check out Wes Miller near the game end - after a technical on I Miller for flexing after a dunk. He looks like he is going burst an aneurysm.
 #36898  by Roundball
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:55 am
stonemd wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:33 am
I have ESPN plus and was watching Furman, ETSU and UNCG last night - tv , laptop and iPad. You need to check out Wes Miller near the game end - after a technical on I Miller for flexing after a dunk. He looks like he is going burst an aneurysm.
Miller is a ticking time bomb. One day, his anger is going to get him fired and banned from college basketball.
 #36899  by Furmanoid
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:03 am
Fuonetime wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:34 am
I had a somewhat different take. It seemed to me that Clay was looking to pass first and find the open man. Could it be that he has big scoring nights and wants to get other players involved and have a chance to score some points? I saw it as an opportunity for him to spread the wealth, build confidence in his teammates and set an example of team first. Hope i’m right. Clay is one of our most talented players and we need him to be successful. Go Dins!
It looked to me like they sort of sunk in and took away the cuts that sometime generate lots of his points. They left 3’s open but Hunter was so hot why shoot when you could just get it to him? I think we just took what they were giving us.
 #36907  by FUBeAR
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:11 am
Not sure of overall relevance or significance, but I believe Sammy had 7 Scholarship Players available to play last night and started 3 true Freshman.

All W’s are good W’s.

I would imagine the Hoops Team has put this not-terribly-difficult W in the vault & is totally focused on the road ahead.
 #36908  by Furmanoid
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:13 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:11 am
Not sure of overall relevance or significance, but I believe Sammy had 7 Scholarship Players available to play last night and started 3 true Freshman.

All W’s are good W’s.

I would imagine the Hoops Team has put this not-terribly-difficult W in the vault & is totally focused on the road ahead.
Troll
FUBeAR liked this
 #36947  by FurmAlum
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:23 pm
purplehorse wrote:

I credit Mounce for not forcing up shots when he wasn't open. He hit the guys that were with passes, played good defense, and rebounded. This is the sign of a mature team player. Hunter was open and hot and Bothwell and Gurley had the most favorable match-ups so he did what he was supposed to do.