• Rescheduling vs. UTC and @ Samford

#36886  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:04 am
purplehorse wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:03 am
Yep a tough task for us to win out but not impossible. Also a tough task for UNCG to win out beating both UTC and ETSU -so I literally believe it is there for the taking.

I think a tougher task for UNCG than us, but of course it all depends on which FU team and which FU players show up. Time to be consistent!
Not sure I completely agree that uncg has the tougher task, They pretty much have 2 sure wins(WCU), we have none. I think our games at Mercer and WC are just as tough if not tougher than their UTC and ETSU games. UTC is due for a loss. ETSU has lost 4 of 5. Remember we have almost a sure loss at WC coming up. I just don’t think this team is mentally tough enough to win 4 games in 8 days against 4 capable teams. Hope I’m wrong. On another note CBR surprised me on the postgame when he said besides trying to win now he is also trying to set the stage or prepare for next year. Hes always been a lets do it now, get it done now type of guy and we’ll worry about next year, next year. That is one thing I’ve always liked about him, his main concern is/was taking care of business now.
 #36891  by PaladinPower
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:16 am
The fact that you call the WC a for sure loss is really sad. Regardless of the team’s track record in Spartanburg, road/home games are not the same this year compared to a typical year. And there are no “for sure” losses for this team. They’ve shown they can beat anybody on any night. You are the definition of a negative Nancy (Nathan) apaladin. If you hate this team so much and think so little of them, why even bother watching?
Fork457 liked this
 #36893  by Roundball
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:26 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:04 am
purplehorse wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:03 am
Yep a tough task for us to win out but not impossible. Also a tough task for UNCG to win out beating both UTC and ETSU -so I literally believe it is there for the taking.

I think a tougher task for UNCG than us, but of course it all depends on which FU team and which FU players show up. Time to be consistent!
Not sure I completely agree that uncg has the tougher task, They pretty much have 2 sure wins(WCU), we have none. I think our games at Mercer and WC are just as tough if not tougher than their UTC and ETSU games. UTC is due for a loss. ETSU has lost 4 of 5. Remember we have almost a sure loss at WC coming up. I just don’t think this team is mentally tough enough to win 4 games in 8 days against 4 capable teams. Hope I’m wrong. On another note CBR surprised me on the postgame when he said besides trying to win now he is also trying to set the stage or prepare for next year. Hes always been a lets do it now, get it done now type of guy and we’ll worry about next year, next year. That is one thing I’ve always liked about him, his main concern is/was taking care of business now.
I absolutely disagree with your comments about Coach Richey. Because he is a great leader and coach, he has never been one to only look at the now. Heck, any leader that does that is certain to be a failure.
 #36986  by Roundball
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:06 pm
ETSU at Samford game canceled due to positive COVID tests within Samford's program. I hope none of our guys got the virus from Samford. I am sure our coaching staff is sweating the test results.
 #36998  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:34 am
Roundball wrote:
ETSU at Samford game canceled due to positive COVID tests within Samford's program. I hope none of our guys got the virus from Samford. I am sure our coaching staff is sweating the test results.
Well that ends any chance of making up the Sammy game. Have to wonder if this was a collaboration between Sammy and the SoCon.
 #37000  by Roundball
 Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:49 am
apaladin wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Well that ends any chance of making up the Sammy game. Have to wonder if this was a collaboration between Sammy and the SoCon.
I will not waste my time “wondering” about a collaboration. Seriously? A conspiracy? Wow.
din23 liked this
 #37016  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:54 pm
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Roundball wrote:
I will not waste my time “wondering” about a collaboration. Seriously? A conspiracy? Wow.
Said it tongue in cheek but it is convenient that it gets the SoCon off the hook and Sammy can take the reat of the year off with all their trouble. Could be the beginning of the end for the tourney too. Only good thing is it will finally end WC going the entire year unscathed. Their game Monday with Sammy will be cancelled.
 #37046  by Roundball
 Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:34 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:54 pm
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Said it tongue in cheek but it is convenient that it gets the SoCon off the hook and Sammy can take the reat of the year off with all their trouble. Could be the beginning of the end for the tourney too. Only good thing is it will finally end WC going the entire year unscathed. Their game Monday with Sammy will be cancelled.