• Rescheduling vs. UTC and @ Samford

#36727  by MidlandsPaladin
 Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:50 am
I'm not holding my breath on any rescheduling happening at this point. To my knowledge, all rescheduled games have been on Monday or Wednesday, and besides today we have games scheduled every Monday and Wednesday until tourney week. I'd say with the release stating that standings will be determined by winning percentage rather than # games won or lost, SoCon considers the "CYA" process to be complete.
Roundball liked this
 #36729  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:32 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:50 am
I'm not holding my breath on any rescheduling happening at this point. To my knowledge, all rescheduled games have been on Monday or Wednesday, and besides today we have games scheduled every Monday and Wednesday until tourney week. I'd say with the release stating that standings will be determined by winning percentage rather than # games won or lost, SoCon considers the "CYA" process to be complete.
Well there better 100% be a SoCon tournament if they are not going to make up these games, otherwise if no tourney there is plenty of time to get all the games in
 #36762  by tya1
 Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:15 am
I don't think the Chattanooga game will be rescheduled, but there is still time to get the Samford game in by playing them two in a row. Tomorrow and Wednesday would be best but we can still play Wednesday and Thursday. No extra travel involved for either team.
 #36768  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:08 am
tya1 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:15 am
I don't think the Chattanooga game will be rescheduled, but there is still time to get the Samford game in by playing them two in a row. Tomorrow and Wednesday would be best but we can still play Wednesday and Thursday. No extra travel involved for either team.
If there is no socon tourney then there will be more than enough time to make up both games, socon not gonna completely f#%k us over, they may try but we won't let them
 #36769  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:10 am
The Socon basically has 2 options, either hold a tourney or give us our 2 make up games, NO EXCEPTIONS :!:
 #36778  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:59 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
The Socon basically has 2 options, either hold a tourney or give us our 2 make up games, NO EXCEPTIONS :!:
An auto bid to the NIT would be nice to have in pocket.
 #36782  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:46 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:59 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
An auto bid to the NIT would be nice to have in pocket.
Is the NIT taking place this year?
 #36872  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:30 pm
tya1 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:22 pm
The NIT is going to be a 16 team event with all games in New York City. The old format. No autobids.
So I guess the NIT will be made up of teams with losing conference records from the bottom half of power conferencees.
 #36878  by FurmAlum
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:02 pm
The announcers on the ESPN+ were saying that there is "gamesmanship" going on regarding the rescheduling of games and inferred Chatt was balking on coming to Furman for their makeup game. Even they were saying that Furman should be upset. This is total BS!

Why has the SoCon not scheduled these make up games? They've had 4 weeks to do it. UNCG got to do a make up game. With their loss tonight every game counts.

They should schedule the games and if the a team doesn't want to do it then it should be a forfeit.
apaladin and 1 others liked this
 #36880  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:09 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:02 pm
The announcers on the ESPN+ were saying that there is "gamesmanship" going on regarding the rescheduling of games and inferred Chatt was balking on coming to Furman for their makeup game. Even they were saying that Furman should be upset. This is total BS!

Why has the SoCon not scheduled these make up games? They've had 4 weeks to do it. UNCG got to do a make up game. With their loss tonight every game counts.

They should schedule the games and if the a team doesn't want to do it then it should be a forfeit.
100% we control our own destiny now
We win out we are regular season champs
Screw the lousy SoCon
Every remaining game should be scheduled
If teams are scared to play we get a forfeit win
 #36882  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:47 am
If UNCG wins out and we win out we finish second, because they will have played 2 more games. The SoCon blew this no doubt. They should have rescheduled these games but now its too late. We have 4 games in 8 days coming up. We could possibly makeup one game on Monday March 1st, but that would still leave us one game short. We need for uncg to lose one more(UTC, WCU twice, @ETSU). Of course FU winning out is a long shot(@Mercer, VMI, Citadel, @WC). If both teams win out I guarantee you will hear nothing but crickets from the SoCon office. They have already put it out there its based on winning percentage. Their job is done. You can take it to the bank, if one team ends up getting screwed it will be FU. 🤬🤬
 #36883  by purplehorse
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:03 am
Yep a tough task for us to win out but not impossible. Also a tough task for UNCG to win out beating both UTC and ETSU -so I literally believe it is there for the taking.

I think a tougher task for UNCG than us, but of course it all depends on which FU team and which FU players show up. Time to be consistent!