• Woffy @ Furman Feb. 6th

#36381  by Sad Din
 Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:27 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:17 am
IMHO the whole team is weak around the bssket. We miss a lot of 5 footers and closer.
Yep, at 10:51 mark Dins up 49-40 then

Team----------------------------Dins-------------Woffy
Miss Layups--------------------4-------------------0
Miss 3P--------------------------10----------------- 2
Other-----------------------------1------------------ 3
 #36382  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:44 pm
Good analysis SD. It was bad. Giving up 35 points in the last 10+ minutes was ridiculous. WC almost scored as many in the last 10 as they did the first 30. :? The way WC was playing the game should gave been over at the 10 minute mark but we kept them close.
Last edited by apaladin on Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #36383  by Davemeister
 Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:07 pm
10:51 to play. Dins up 49-40.

"Here we go!" I shout. Time to put this baby away!

And what happened? Same thing that happened in most of our Conference games (incl. the wins over Citadel & WCU). We have a 9-10 point lead and instead of sticking the dagger in their hearts, we take our foot off the gas. Next thing you know we are fighting for our lives. Wofford puts it in gear and cruises from 9 down to an 8 point win.

The thing this year's team lacks - besides consistency - is INTENSITY.
 #36384  by Affirm
 Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:13 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:55 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:41 am
Here you go Affirm— warning before you go any further it ain’t pretty!!
Basketball- only went back 15 games
Record 4-11
Last 10 games:
3-7
Last 6 games:
1-5
2 of our 4 wins the past 7 seasons were by 1 point including the last one.
Football- last 10 seasons:
Record 4-7
Last 6 games 1-5
Football domination didn’t start until 2015.
Last 12 games football and basketball combined 2-10. Very ugly.
Just for giggles and kicks, let.’s throw in soccer, a sport where we once dominated all of the SoCon - not just Wofford. A 5-9 record against the Terriers since 2012.

And before our baseball program was cut you could say that Wofford had caught us, if not passed us there too.

Even more painful to see all of this in black and white. Things are even worse than I thought. :evil:
I think it's better for it to be in black and white for all to see, instead of Furman people (us) continuing to have the long-held belief that we are better than they are.
Who knows?
Maybe the sooner more people realize the truth, the better chance there will be of Furman doing something about it. I am not holding my breath. Not sure there are enough people who care.
By the way, for some more giggles and kicks: Furman vs. Wofford in Women's Basketball was previously pretty much owned by Furman for a long, long time; but since the start of the 2017-2018 season, we are only 4-4 against them in that sport.
 #36385  by purplehorse
 Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:11 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:33 am
Are we mentally and physically tough enough to win the SoCon? Asking for a friend.
100 % NO. Not at this point. So far all is about our potential. But it is NOT too late!

Mentally tough-so far the record speaks for itself.

Physically tough- Gurley generally plays soft and still loses ball in traffic way too much. Slaw does hustle but the only physically tough Paladin I have noticed this year is Hien always and at times Bothwell.

And physically tough is not synonymous with stupid fouls.
apaladin liked this
 #36386  by Sad Din
 Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:21 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:33 am
Are we mentally and physically tough enough to win the SoCon? Asking for a friend.
we gonna get a good idea of the answer Monday.... so far every L has been followed by another
apaladin liked this
 #36389  by Furmanoid
 Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:54 pm
affirm wrote:
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Record 4-11
Last 10 games:
3-7
Last 6 games:
1-5
Record 4-7
Last 6 games 1-5
Just for giggles and kicks, let.’s throw in soccer, a sport where we once dominated all of the SoCon - not just Wofford. A 5-9 record against the Terriers since 2012.

And before our baseball program was cut you could say that Wofford had caught us, if not passed us there too.

Even more painful to see all of this in black and white. Things are even worse than I thought. :evil:
I think it's better for it to be in black and white for all to see, instead of Furman people (us) continuing to have the long-held belief that we are better than they are.
Who knows?
Maybe the sooner more people realize the truth, the better chance there will be of Furman doing something about it. I am not holding my breath. Not sure there are enough people who care.
By the way, for some more giggles and kicks: Furman vs. Wofford in Women's Basketball was previously pretty much owned by Furman for a long, long time; but since the start of the 2017-2018 season, we are only 4-4 against them in that sport.
As far as doing something about it, it doesn’t matter if we realize the truth. There is only one person who can do anything about it, and he gets praised no matter how bad we play.
 #36393  by purplehorse
 Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:49 pm
Based on our seasons since CBR has been here I am surprised that we don’t have a freshman, RS freshman class that is gangbusters. Maybe they will mature over time but other than Hien no one has really shown us his stuff or had a chance to do so.
 #36399  by tim
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:38 am
I'd like to see more of Hein , Lowrance and Anderson. I'm guessing Foster has nagging injuries.
 #36400  by tim
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:43 am
deleted
Last edited by tim on Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #36401  by Furmanoid
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:31 am
tim wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:38 am
I'd like to see more of Hein , Lowrance and Anderson. I'm guessing Foster has nagging injuries.
Seems like Anderson was playing a good bit early in the year and plays less now. He sometimes looks sort of panicky if they play tight D on him. Had hoped he was gonna be our deadly suburban 3 point shooter, but he just isn’t really ready to contribute yet.
 #36439  by Affirm
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:04 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
affirm wrote:
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Record 4-11
Last 10 games:
3-7
Last 6 games:
1-5
Record 4-7
Last 6 games 1-5

Who knows?
As far as doing something about it, it doesn’t matter if we realize the truth. There is only one person who can do anything about it, and he gets praised no matter how bad we play.
Abstruse. Maybe spiritually profound.
 #36442  by Furmanoid
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:03 pm
affirm wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
affirm wrote:
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Record 4-11
Last 10 games:
3-7
Last 6 games:
1-5
Record 4-7
Last 6 games 1-5

Who knows?
I didn’t want to spell it out, but the only person who can do anything about it is the coach.
 #36450  by Affirm
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:13 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:03 pm
affirm wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
affirm wrote:
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Record 4-11
Last 10 games:
3-7
Last 6 games:
1-5
Record 4-7
Last 6 games 1-5

Who knows?
I didn’t want to spell it out, but the only person who can do anything about it is the coach.
... of men's basketball for that sport.
...of men's football for that sport.
...of women's basketball for that sport.
...and of whatever other sports, if any, that we may have fallen behind Wofford in.
Or, you could say the one person is the AD, or the President, or the BOT if you want to refer to that as a "person".
I actually did wonder if you had some more spiritual meaning implied in your 2 sentences. Absolutely no sacrilege intended.
 #36451  by apaladin
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:59 pm
The President??? Thats funny, I’m sure she could care less, or were you talking about Biden?