• UNCG at FURMAN MONDAY 5PM ESPNU

#36411  by Furmanoid
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:20 pm
The experts seem to love us unconditionally. When I compare UNCG’s results to ours I don’t see how they aren’t favored. But I think we’ll win. Just seems like we’re due for one of those hot shooting games.
 #36419  by furpop16
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:28 pm
I wasn't surprised to see Hien start in place of Slawson, but Coach also started Kenney for Mounce. With 7:57 left in the 1st half it seems to be working ... 13-25 good guys.
 #36420  by Furmanoid
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:39 pm
They’ve made about 4 shots so far. They throw it away every other possession and they look clueless against backdoor cuts. We gotta beat these guys.
 #36421  by apaladin
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:03 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:28 pm
I wasn't surprised to see Hien start in place of Slawson, but Coach also started Kenney for Mounce. With 7:57 left in the 1st half it seems to be working ... 13-25 good guys.
Hein was a good move, Kenney not so much
Furmanoid liked this
 #36424  by Fork457
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:37 pm
Up 20 w 6:50 left. Hoping for a strong finish. Win by Elat least double digits and not let them crawl back
 #36429  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:01 pm
Good to see a dominating win against a solid team, gotta get a W Wednesday as well if we are going to keep pace
 #36430  by apaladin
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:18 pm
I kinda understand the changes in the starting lineup but then again I don’t. We had a great start Saturday so that wasn’t the problem. Hein very well may be a starter. Kenney is not. Mounce is a starter and needs to stay a starter. Anyway it was much needed win that keeps us in the hunt. The team actually looked liked they were enjoyng it, much different than Saturday, when they looked to be in pain.
 #36433  by furpop16
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:29 pm
apaladin wrote:
I kinda understand the changes in the starting lineup but then again I don’t. We had a great start Saturday so that wasn’t the problem. Hein very well may be a starter. Kenney is not. Mounce is a starter and needs to stay a starter. Anyway it was much needed win that keeps us in the hunt. The team actually looked liked they were enjoyng it, much different than Saturday, when they looked to be in pain.

The way coach sounded in the post-game show, it's less about who scores more (Mounce is clearly a more potent scorer than Kenney), and more about who's playing to his expectations. Coach expects more out of Mounce, and we can expect to see Hien & Kenney start again on Wednesday. Coach said "I kind of like seeing Slawson & Mounce coming off the bench" and added "Eighteen bench points. How about that?"
 #36434  by Sad Din
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:33 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:29 pm
apaladin wrote:

The way coach sounded in the post-game show, it's less about who scores more (Mounce is clearly a more potent scorer than Kenney), and more about who's playing to his expectations. Coach expects more out of Mounce, and we can expect to see Hien & Kenney start again on Wednesday. Coach said "I kind of like seeing Slawson & Mounce coming off the bench" and added "Eighteen bench points. How about that?"
It was 26 bench points. That means that there was no fall off when the second unit came in. Takes alot of pressure off the starters