• WCU is a trash program and deserves 0-7

#36090  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:49 pm
Trying to fight us after the game, what a bunch of low life's :!:
Last edited by DungeonRealm on Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QCGlue liked this
 #36099  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:03 pm
El Guapo wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:01 pm
I strongly disagree with the title of this thread. I disagree with the horrendous show of sportsmanship at the end but this thread title is casting generalizations and stereotypes.
Please, WCU showed their @ss and I have no problem pointing it out as empathically as possible, if there ever was a 'stereotype' they sure as heck fit it ;)
 #36108  by Roundball
 Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:47 pm
Showing emotion at the end of a hard fought game is not a sign of a trashy team. Things happen. I am not going to “trash” an entire program for what happened at the end, which was really no big deal at all.
 #36110  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:31 pm
Roundball wrote:
Showing emotion at the end of a hard fought game is not a sign of a trashy team. Things happen. I am not going to “trash” an entire program for what happened at the end, which was really no big deal at all.

Fine by me if you beat around the bush, but I will call a spade a spade, to use a word like dysfunction to describe what is going on at WCU would be the understatement of the decade, so ill stick with trash, hope they can get their act together and act respectable after we beat them in Greenville later this season instead of wanting to fight us again at the end of the game like today.
 #36126  by FUBeAR
 Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:51 pm
Just watched the end of the game On Demand / Replay on ESPN Watch...

That was nothing. #11 for WCU, I think, who was battling his rear-end off under the O-Boards in the last 2 or 3 possessions, did a few little chicken-poop ‘moves’ as the clock was ticking down to 00:00.

Then some post-game jawing. Looked like both sets of Coaches took control easily & all was good.

That kind of stuff, today, pretty much happens on every play of a college football game. And the ‘jawing’ was pervasive on every play during Football games 40 years ago. We just hid it better.
Roundball liked this
 #36127  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:56 pm
FUBeAR wrote:

That was nothing. #11 for WCU, I think, who was battling his rear-end off under the O-Boards in the last 2 or 3 possessions, did a few little chicken-poop ‘moves’ as the clock was ticking down to 00:00.

Then some post-game jawing. Looked like both sets of Coaches took control easily & all was good.

That kind of stuff, today, pretty much happens on every play of a college football game. And the ‘jawing’ was pervasive on every play during Football games 40 years ago. We just hid it better.

I do see where you're coming from to a point, but not fully, as many bad teams as we had prior to our current hoops run I don't remember us ever trying to fight teams after games during our losing skids
AND yes Hightower and Cork for WCU wanted to fight us after WCU's Faulkner through his little temper tantrum
 #36128  by FUBeAR
 Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:11 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:56 pm
FUBeAR wrote:

I do see where you're coming from to a point, but not fully, as many bad teams as we had prior to our current hoops run I don't remember us ever trying to fight teams after games during our losing skids
AND yes Hightower and Cork for WCU wanted to fight us after WCU's Faulkner through his little temper tantrum
Nobody REALLY wanted to ‘fight.’ Just posturing & jawing...

No Kermit Washington’s on either Team

#36139  by GOAT
 Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:59 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:

Fine by me if you beat around the bush, but I will call a spade a spade, to use a word like dysfunction to describe what is going on at WCU would be the understatement of the decade, so ill stick with trash, hope they can get their act together and act respectable after we beat them in Greenville later this season instead of wanting to fight us again at the end of the game like today.
Thanks for changing the title to this thread. Also some people today consider "call a spade a spade" a racist phrase. Thought you might want to be aware of that.
 #36143  by FUBeAR
 Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:42 am
GOAT wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:59 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:

Thanks for changing the title to this thread. Also some people today consider "call a spade a spade" a racist phrase. Thought you might want to be aware of that.
Likewise, I’ve heard disparaging slurs directed at Muslims / Arabs using goat-related terminology. You may want to consider changing your handle here.
Paladin82 and 1 others liked this