• AD Donnelly on Zoom

#36039  by FUBeAR
 Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:38 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:29 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:20 pm
Here’s one...

Will masks & social distancing be enforced for fans in the beer tent inside Paladin Stadium?

(Some of you sharp sales pros may recognize this question as the old “Minor Point / Major Point Assumptive” closing question...a FUBeAR favorite!)
Do many places have beer tents? I know DIII Millsaps in Jackson, MS has a beer garden at one end zone selling beer from the campus brewery. Great idea for boosting attendance and revenue.
Don’t about all SoCon...

* Mercer has a great selection of local craft brews available in the Stadium (Home side / scoreboard end patio) through a partnership with Macon Beer Company Taproom & Kitchen
* CIT had a beer garden one year on the Visitors side - the 1st season after they demolished their lead-paint-laden Visitors side. It was crap...warm OK (at best) beers in 10 oz. cups selling for the price of a 16 oz beer and limit of 2. They 86’d it after the 1st year. Not sure what they have now, if anything.
* Chatt sells very good craft beers in their palazzo or whatever it’s called on the opposite end of the scoreboard / stupid LOUD train whistle
* Jason got us a good beer tent over by the field house home side in 2019...for which I thanked him profusely!!
* Wofford barely sells concessions on their HS-ish visitors side. Doubt they have beers on the home side...but you can get a mint julep from their fans if you can get into their lawn chaired Rec-league-like seating in the end zone opposite the scoreboard. I walked right in dressed in full FU regalia during my last visit to Sparkle City.
* never been to ETSU’s new place...but I bet you can get some corn likker in the parking lot
* VMI - don’t think so
* Sammy - nope...I think their Bullpup Club peeps bring in their own beers...not sure
* WCU - was there last fall - didn’t see any beer for sale - nice folks though (surprised me)
 #36040  by Furmanoid
 Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:19 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:38 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:29 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:20 pm
Here’s one...

Will masks & social distancing be enforced for fans in the beer tent inside Paladin Stadium?

(Some of you sharp sales pros may recognize this question as the old “Minor Point / Major Point Assumptive” closing question...a FUBeAR favorite!)
Do many places have beer tents? I know DIII Millsaps in Jackson, MS has a beer garden at one end zone selling beer from the campus brewery. Great idea for boosting attendance and revenue.
Don’t about all SoCon...

* Mercer has a great selection of local craft brews available in the Stadium (Home side / scoreboard end patio) through a partnership with Macon Beer Company Taproom & Kitchen
* CIT had a beer garden one year on the Visitors side - the 1st season after they demolished their lead-paint-laden Visitors side. It was crap...warm OK (at best) beers in 10 oz. cups selling for the price of a 16 oz beer and limit of 2. They 86’d it after the 1st year. Not sure what they have now, if anything.
* Chatt sells very good craft beers in their palazzo or whatever it’s called on the opposite end of the scoreboard / stupid LOUD train whistle
* Jason got us a good beer tent over by the field house home side in 2019...for which I thanked him profusely!!
* Wofford barely sells concessions on their HS-ish visitors side. Doubt they have beers on the home side...but you can get a mint julep from their fans if you can get into their lawn chaired Rec-league-like seating in the end zone opposite the scoreboard. I walked right in dressed in full FU regalia during my last visit to Sparkle City.
* never been to ETSU’s new place...but I bet you can get some corn likker in the parking lot
* VMI - don’t think so
* Sammy - nope...I think their Bullpup Club peeps bring in their own beers...not sure
* WCU - was there last fall - didn’t see any beer for sale - nice folks though (surprised me)
Wow, I haven’t been able to attend for a couple of years and didn’t know things were changing so much. I’ve gone to Big 10 and ACC championship games in NFL stadiums but those had a tendency to descend into sub Woodwinds levels of sloppy drunkenness due to the classlessness of the fan bases (Ohio State especially).
 #36049  by Affirm
 Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:01 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:35 pm
Affirm, there is no such thing as BCS schools(FBS) but we know what you mean. I would like to ask if he is going to be able to reschedule the Tennessee game and how is he doing filling holes in the 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025 football schedules? Thanks
Well, apaladin, thank you for pointing out that my terminology was not precisely correct, and thank you for saying that you nevertheless knew what I meant. I feel that I SHOULD know what is correct, so I thank you for prompting me to find the information below online, which I have read for my information and also provide here for the few other UFFP members who, like me, may be behind in being fully certain of the correct designations, which seem to have changed more than once over time.

And, by the way, I am glad you mentioned the questions you would ask that would be somewhat related to mine; HOWEVER, MY SUGGESTION OF PLAYING "BEYOND ACC & SEC SCHOOLS" STANDS.

You mentioned the UT game. Yeah, would like to play them. Lot's closer than all of the other SEC schools except UofSC and UGA. But we already play 2 other Tennessee schools each and every year, and my suggestion has to do with playing teams in other parts of the country where we seldom go and have seldom been for football.

Also, if we beat a not-good SEC or not-good ACC team, people in our area (and other places) probably don't notice much because people in our area (and other places) know when those are bad teams; when we lose to them, people in our area (and other places), if they notice, probably say, "anyone can beat that SEC team", or "... that ACC team...", they are so bad". If we just play a non-ACC or non-SEC, we probably get "more credit" win or lose as far as local publicity is concerned, because a lot of people locally have heard of the school but have not kept up with how good or not good they currently are in football and assume they are probably good .

So, Flag Man, I will appreciate it if you would ask my question as well as apaladin's question. (Oh, I see it's already in the past! Hopefully, you or someone will report.)

The Power Five conferences make up five of the ten conferences in FBS; the other FBS conferences are informally known as the Group of Five (American Athletic Conference (the American or AAC), Conference USA, Mid-American Conference (MAC), Mountain West Conference, and the Sun Belt Conference).[3] The FBS consists of the Power Five, the Group of Five, and a small number of independent schools (among those schools long-time independents Army and Notre Dame, along with other schools that typically stay independent for a few years before moving to a conference).[/u] Prior to the establishment of the College Football Playoff in 2014, the Power Five conferences, as well as the old Big East Conference, were called Automatic Qualifying (AQ) conferences, because the champion of each conference received an automatic berth in one of the five Bowl Championship Series (BCS) bowl games. The final college football season for which the BCS was in effect was the 2013 season. With the split of the old Big East in 2013, there are now five power conferences.

Current conferences and teams
[There are] ... ten current FBS conferences listed below. For the Power Five, the member universities of each conference are ... [below].

Power Five
Conferences and member universities
ACC Big Ten Big 12 Pac-12 SEC
Boston College Illinois Baylor Arizona Alabama
Clemson Indiana Iowa State Arizona State Arkansas
Duke Iowa Kansas California Auburn
Florida State Maryland Kansas State UCLA Florida
Georgia Tech Michigan Oklahoma Colorado Georgia
Louisville Michigan State Oklahoma State Oregon Kentucky
Miami Minnesota TCU Oregon State LSU
North Carolina Nebraska Texas USC Ole Miss
NC State Northwestern Texas Tech Stanford Mississippi State
Pittsburgh Ohio State West Virginia Utah Missouri
Syracuse Penn State Washington South Carolina
Virginia Purdue Washington State Tennessee
Virginia Tech Rutgers Texas A&M
Wake Forest Wisconsin Vanderbilt
Notre Dame*
* The University of Notre Dame is full voting member of the ACC, and although its football team does not participate in ACC football and competes as a football independent, it is obligated to play an average of five football games a year against ACC opponents.[5] In 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, Notre Dame entered into a full ACC football schedule and was eligible for the conference's championship.[6] Notre Dame fields 24 other varsity sports that compete in the ACC, as well as men's ice hockey which competes in the Big Ten Conference.

Group of Five
Conferences
American Athletic Conference
Conference USA
Mid-American Conference
Mountain West Conference
Sun Belt Conference
Under the College Football Playoff system
With the establishment of the College Football Playoff in 2014, the term "automatic qualifying conference" is no longer in use, as the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) has been discontinued. However, five of the six former AQ conferences are now known as the "Power Five conferences": the Big Ten Conference, the Big 12 Conference, the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC), the Pac-12 Conference, and the Southeastern Conference (SEC). The sixth AQ conference, the Big East, was split up during the 2010–2014 NCAA conference realignment, with five members joining P5 conferences, Notre Dame establishing a relationship with the ACC, the remaining non-football members forming the new Big East Conference, and the remaining members forming the American Athletic Conference. It is unknown where the term "Power Five Conference" originated from; it is not officially documented anywhere by the NCAA.

The American, as well as Conference USA (C-USA), the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the Mountain West Conference (MW), and the Sun Belt Conference are known as the "Group of Five" (sometimes called the G5).

The FBS also has seven independent schools as of the current 2020 season: Notre Dame, Army, BYU, Liberty, New Mexico State, UConn, and UMass. Notre Dame is currently considered equal to the Power Five schools, being a full (with the exception of football) member of the ACC with an annual five-game football scheduling agreement with that conference; ... All Power Five leagues that require their members to schedule at least one Power Five team in nonconference play (currently the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, and Pac-12) consider Notre Dame to be a Power Five opponent for such purposes. The ACC, Big Ten, and SEC also count BYU as a Power Five opponent for scheduling purposes, and the Big Ten and SEC count Army as well.[7][8][9]

Teams from the Power Five and the Group of Five play each other during the season, and sometimes also play against FCS teams. However, many coaches of Power Five schools have argued that Power Five schools should only be allowed to schedule games against other Power Five schools[/b].[3] ...Some Power Five conferences, including the Big Ten and SEC, require their teams to play at least one non-conference P5 opponent each season.[9][8]
Each conference champion from the Power Five and the highest-ranked Group of Five conference champion is guaranteed a spot in a New Year's Six Bowl.[11] Every year, a non-Power Five team is guaranteed one bid to the New Year's Six bowls; however, so far no additional bids beyond that one have been granted.
March Madness CBS, Turner $8.8bn ($1.1bn)
College Football Playoff ESPN $5.6bn ($470m)
Pac-12 Conference (Pac-12) Fox, ESPN $3.0bn ($250m)
Big Ten Conference (Big Ten) Fox, ESPN $2.6bn ($440m) [12]
Big 12 Conference (Big 12) Fox, ESPN $2.6bn ($200m)
Southeastern Conference (SEC) ESPN, CBS $2.25bn[13] ($55m)[note 1]
Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) ESPN $1.86bn ($155m)[14]
Realignment since the 1990s
The FBS has undergone several waves of realignment since the 1990s, when the Bowl Coalition was established. ......
Under the BCS system
From 1998 to 2013, the top teams in Division I FBS played in the BCS. ... The BCS succeeded two other systems that were put in place after the 1991 season in order to ensure that one national champion could be crowned at the end of the season. The original Bowl Coalition consisted of the SEC, the Big Eight Conference (later succeeded by the Big 12), the Southwest Conference (SWC), the ACC, the Big East, and Notre Dame. The BCS added the Pac-10 (now known as the Pac-12) and the Big Ten, while the SWC dissolved in 1996. In 2013, the Big East split into two conferences, and its successor, the American Athletic Conference (The American), took the Big East's place for the 2013 season.

In addition to creating a national championship game, the BCS also created a set format for other major bowls. After the two top teams in the BCS rankings were matched up in the BCS National Championship Game, the other three or (after the 2005 season) four bowls selected other top teams. The term "BCS conference" was used by many fans to refer to one of the six conferences whose champions received an automatic berth in one of the five BCS bowl games, although BCS itself used the term "automatic qualifying conference" (AQ conference).[17] While the number of AQ conferences was technically variable,[18] the BCS always had six AQ conferences since its inception in 1998. The Mountain West Conference (MW) was perhaps the closest of the other conferences to getting AQ status, but its request for AQ status was denied in 2012.[19] Each of the bowls had a historic link with one or more of the six BCS conferences with the exception of the former Big East, and the bowl games selected a team from each of these conferences if it was eligible for a BCS bowl and not playing in the national title game. The conferences included in this group, with their traditional bowl links, were:

Big East Conference (The American in 2013) (not tied to any specific BCS bowl)
Atlantic Coast Conference (Orange Bowl)
Big 12 Conference (Fiesta Bowl)
Big Ten Conference (Rose Bowl)
Pac-12 Conference (Rose Bowl)
Southeastern Conference (Sugar Bowl)
Notre Dame is an independent in football, but was a founding member[20] of the BCS.[21] Because of the "Notre Dame rule", it had guaranteed access to the BCS bowls when it met certain defined performance criteria.[22]
 #36050  by JoeyFreshwater
 Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:47 pm
Appreciate the history lesson.

Now for some Econ. FCS school athletic depts. non bcs) are not exactly flushed with cash. Therefore they tend to play other teams within driving distance to save money on flights. That makes the payday from bcs teams more substantial. Quick geography lesson, many SEC and ACC teams are located within a bus ride distance.

Revenue minus expenses equals profit.

Not sure why Furman would be interested economically speaking.in chartering a plane to play Stanford.
din23 liked this
 #36052  by apaladin
 Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:49 pm
Affirm, thanks for the info. Btw JD said the UT game has tentatively been rescheduled for 2026. Just waiting on a contract. CCH said he would beopen to playing 2 FBS games in 12 gsme seasons. The next 12 game season will be 2024. If the UT game is a go that gives us ine FBS game for the next 6 years.
 #36053  by Rokawaylifer
 Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:37 pm
That’s a heap a readin. It’s good readin. But I haven’t red that many readin words since I red a rose for Emily in Willard pates English 11 class in 1977.
affirm wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Affirm, there is no such thing as BCS schools(FBS) but we know what you mean. I would like to ask if he is going to be able to reschedule the Tennessee game and how is he doing filling holes in the 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025 football schedules? Thanks
Well, apaladin, thank you for pointing out that my terminology was not precisely correct, and thank you for saying that you nevertheless knew what I meant. I feel that I SHOULD know what is correct, so I thank you for prompting me to find the information below online, which I have read for my information and also provide here for the few other UFFP members who, like me, may be behind in being fully certain of the correct designations, which seem to have changed more than once over time.

And, by the way, I am glad you mentioned the questions you would ask that would be somewhat related to mine; HOWEVER, MY SUGGESTION OF PLAYING "BEYOND ACC & SEC SCHOOLS" STANDS.

You mentioned the UT game. Yeah, would like to play them. Lot's closer than all of the other SEC schools except UofSC and UGA. But we already play 2 other Tennessee schools each and every year, and my suggestion has to do with playing teams in other parts of the country where we seldom go and have seldom been for football.

Also, if we beat a not-good SEC or not-good ACC team, people in our area (and other places) probably don't notice much because people in our area (and other places) know when those are bad teams; when we lose to them, people in our area (and other places), if they notice, probably say, "anyone can beat that SEC team", or "... that ACC team...", they are so bad". If we just play a non-ACC or non-SEC, we probably get "more credit" win or lose as far as local publicity is concerned, because a lot of people locally have heard of the school but have not kept up with how good or not good they currently are in football and assume they are probably good .

So, Flag Man, I will appreciate it if you would ask my question as well as apaladin's question. (Oh, I see it's already in the past! Hopefully, you or someone will report.)

The Power Five conferences make up five of the ten conferences in FBS; the other FBS conferences are informally known as the Group of Five (American Athletic Conference (the American or AAC), Conference USA, Mid-American Conference (MAC), Mountain West Conference, and the Sun Belt Conference).[3] The FBS consists of the Power Five, the Group of Five, and a small number of independent schools (among those schools long-time independents Army and Notre Dame, along with other schools that typically stay independent for a few years before moving to a conference).[/u] Prior to the establishment of the College Football Playoff in 2014, the Power Five conferences, as well as the old Big East Conference, were called Automatic Qualifying (AQ) conferences, because the champion of each conference received an automatic berth in one of the five Bowl Championship Series (BCS) bowl games. The final college football season for which the BCS was in effect was the 2013 season. With the split of the old Big East in 2013, there are now five power conferences.

[There are] ... ten current FBS conferences listed below. For the Power Five, the member universities of each conference are ... [below].

Power Five
Notre Dame*
* The University of Notre Dame is full voting member of the ACC, and although its football team does not participate in ACC football and competes as a football independent, it is obligated to play an average of five football games a year against ACC opponents.[5] In 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, Notre Dame entered into a full ACC football schedule and was eligible for the conference's championship.[6] Notre Dame fields 24 other varsity sports that compete in the ACC, as well as men's ice hockey which competes in the Big Ten Conference.

Group of Five
Conferences
Conference USA
Mid-American Conference
Mountain West Conference
Sun Belt Conference
With the establishment of the College Football Playoff in 2014, the term "automatic qualifying conference" is no longer in use, as the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) has been discontinued. However, five of the six former AQ conferences are now known as the "Power Five conferences": the Big Ten Conference, the Big 12 Conference, the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC), the Pac-12 Conference, and the Southeastern Conference (SEC). The sixth AQ conference, the Big East, was split up during the 2010–2014 NCAA conference realignment, with five members joining P5 conferences, Notre Dame establishing a relationship with the ACC, the remaining non-football members forming the new Big East Conference, and the remaining members forming the American Athletic Conference. It is unknown where the term "Power Five Conference" originated from; it is not officially documented anywhere by the NCAA.

The American, as well as Conference USA (C-USA), the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the Mountain West Conference (MW), and the Sun Belt Conference are known as the "Group of Five" (sometimes called the G5).

The FBS also has seven independent schools as of the current 2020 season: Notre Dame, Army, BYU, Liberty, New Mexico State, UConn, and UMass. Notre Dame is currently considered equal to the Power Five schools, being a full (with the exception of football) member of the ACC with an annual five-game football scheduling agreement with that conference; ... All Power Five leagues that require their members to schedule at least one Power Five team in nonconference play (currently the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, and Pac-12) consider Notre Dame to be a Power Five opponent for such purposes. The ACC, Big Ten, and SEC also count BYU as a Power Five opponent for scheduling purposes, and the Big Ten and SEC count Army as well.[7][8][9]

Teams from the Power Five and the Group of Five play each other during the season, and sometimes also play against FCS teams. However, many coaches of Power Five schools have argued that Power Five schools should only be allowed to schedule games against other Power Five schools[/b].[3] ...Some Power Five conferences, including the Big Ten and SEC, require their teams to play at least one non-conference P5 opponent each season.[9][8]
Each conference champion from the Power Five and the highest-ranked Group of Five conference champion is guaranteed a spot in a New Year's Six Bowl.[11] Every year, a non-Power Five team is guaranteed one bid to the New Year's Six bowls; however, so far no additional bids beyond that one have been granted.
The FBS has undergone several waves of realignment since the 1990s, when the Bowl Coalition was established. ......
Under the BCS system
From 1998 to 2013, the top teams in Division I FBS played in the BCS. ... The BCS succeeded two other systems that were put in place after the 1991 season in order to ensure that one national champion could be crowned at the end of the season. The original Bowl Coalition consisted of the SEC, the Big Eight Conference (later succeeded by the Big 12), the Southwest Conference (SWC), the ACC, the Big East, and Notre Dame. The BCS added the Pac-10 (now known as the Pac-12) and the Big Ten, while the SWC dissolved in 1996. In 2013, the Big East split into two conferences, and its successor, the American Athletic Conference (The American), took the Big East's place for the 2013 season.

In addition to creating a national championship game, the BCS also created a set format for other major bowls. After the two top teams in the BCS rankings were matched up in the BCS National Championship Game, the other three or (after the 2005 season) four bowls selected other top teams. The term "BCS conference" was used by many fans to refer to one of the six conferences whose champions received an automatic berth in one of the five BCS bowl games, although BCS itself used the term "automatic qualifying conference" (AQ conference).[17] While the number of AQ conferences was technically variable,[18] the BCS always had six AQ conferences since its inception in 1998. The Mountain West Conference (MW) was perhaps the closest of the other conferences to getting AQ status, but its request for AQ status was denied in 2012.[19] Each of the bowls had a historic link with one or more of the six BCS conferences with the exception of the former Big East, and the bowl games selected a team from each of these conferences if it was eligible for a BCS bowl and not playing in the national title game. The conferences included in this group, with their traditional bowl links, were:

Notre Dame is an independent in football, but was a founding member[20] of the BCS.[21] Because of the "Notre Dame rule", it had guaranteed access to the BCS bowls when it met certain defined performance criteria.[22]
cavedweller2 liked this
 #36054  by Affirm
 Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:53 pm
apaladin wrote:
Affirm, thanks for the info. Btw JD said the UT game has tentatively been rescheduled for 2026. Just waiting on a contract. CCH said he would beopen to playing 2 FBS games in 12 gsme seasons. The next 12 game season will be 2024. If the UT game is a go that gives us ine FBS game for the next 6 years.
Thanks.
 #36055  by Affirm
 Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:07 pm
Rokawaylifer wrote:
That’s a heap a readin. It’s good readin. But I haven’t red that many readin words since I red a rose for Emily in Willard pates English 11 class in 1977.
affirm wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Well, apaladin, thank you for pointing out that my terminology was not precisely correct, and thank you for saying that you nevertheless knew what I meant. I feel that I SHOULD know what is correct, so I thank you for prompting me to find the information below online, which I have read for my information and also provide here for the few other UFFP members who, like me, may be behind in being fully certain of the correct designations, which seem to have changed more than once over time. ...
Sorry ... barely had time to find and post it, much less to summarize it. At least the info is there, for reference.
 #36058  by cavedweller2
 Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:29 pm
Rokawaylifer wrote:
Willard Pate caused me to read William Faulkner books.
 #36062  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:28 am
Thanks again Flagman for putting this together. Really exciting news about the Timmons renovation. Sounds like it will be a first class venue, 360 degrees with walk around corridor and gathering spot overlooking the court. Not to mention the outside and corridor renovations.
 #36063  by Sad Din
 Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:10 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:28 am
Thanks again Flagman for putting this together. Really exciting news about the Timmons renovation. Sounds like it will be a first class venue, 360 degrees with walk around corridor and gathering spot overlooking the court. Not to mention the outside and corridor renovations.
U left out the courtside lounge seating with waiter delivery, valet parking and center court 360 video scoreboard.
 #36074  by Affirm
 Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:52 am
JoeyFreshwater wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:47 pm
Appreciate the history lesson.

Now for some Econ. FCS school athletic depts. non bcs) are not exactly flushed with cash. Therefore they tend to play other teams within driving distance to save money on flights. That makes the payday from bcs teams more substantial. Quick geography lesson, many SEC and ACC teams are located within a bus ride distance.

Revenue minus expenses equals profit.

Not sure why Furman would be interested economically speaking.in chartering a plane to play Stanford.
The schools mentioned, which are like Furman in more ways than most other FCS schools, including being “not exactly flushed with cash”, included Richmond, Colgate, Lafayette. None of those are within bus distance of Air Force, Stanford, Michigan State, Colorado, but they do have such schools scheduled.
Why can Furman not go beyond ACC and SEC occasionally?
(Which, I say again, it is great to play any ACC and SEC team; just go beyond those sometimes. I did enjoy being at the FU-Michigan State game 3-4 years ago. I’d love to go see FU play football at Stanford, Cal, Washington State, Utah, Colorado, Michigan, Purdue, Penn State, Indiana, Wisconsin, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, West Virginia, etc.)
You lecture on economics, but I say that if football for FU were strictly based on only economics we would probably not be playing football at all, or we would be Pioneer Football League or D2 or D3.
There is much more that comes from playing a famous school like Stanford or Colorado or Army or Air Force (or even from playing FCS famous schools like Harvard or Yale or Columbia or Penn or Georgetown; or slightly less famous non-BCS like SMU or Rice or Tulane) than just the dollars coming directly into and the dollars going directly out of the football program.
 #36075  by Affirm
 Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:58 am
apaladin wrote:
In 2022, in addition to playing Furman, Colgate (a school very much like Furman), has 2 FBS on their schedule. They go to Army and they go to Stanford, plus they have an OOC FCS game at Maine, 8 hours drive away.
 #36076  by FurmAlum
 Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:22 pm
Rokawaylifer wrote:
affirm wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Power Five
Notre Dame*

Group of Five
Conferences
Conference USA
Mid-American Conference
Mountain West Conference
Sun Belt Conference

Under the BCS system

Affirm, you might have a little too much time on your hands. But thanks, that was good info. Just a lot of it. With my challenged reading skills it took me 8 hours to read it.