• Beat UNCG!

#35859  by Sad Din
 Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:51 am
National stage at home!

May be a little tired, may be a little down
No need to mope around and frown
The sun will shine opportunities abound
Watch out folks the Dins are back in town!
FUBeAR liked this
 #35861  by Affirm
 Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:04 am
Sad Din wrote:
National stage at home!

Yes, and whatever happens IS good enough, go Furman!
 #35870  by apaladin
 Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:00 pm
Sad Din wrote:
National stage at home!

Can’t use the tired excuse. VMI beat our tails playing their 3rd game in 5 days. The is the GAME OF THE YEAR. Either right the ship or continue the spiral downward. Win and contiunue to pursue the goals. Lose and just play out the season and hope for a winning record. This is the turning point, time for the WHOLE TEAM to step up. This is the only game that matters. As Elvis said “Its Now Or Never”. Go ‘dins!!
 #35890  by apaladin
 Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:50 pm
#88 in kenpom
#69 in netrankings
Can’t believe we are still that high in both.
 #35892  by Furmanoid
 Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:30 pm
Being relevant enough to get over rated is a step in the right direction. At some point we want to work our way up to being under rated.
 #35894  by Affirm
 Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:39 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:00 pm
Sad Din wrote:
National stage at home!

Can’t use the tired excuse. VMI beat our tails playing their 3rd game in 5 days. The is the GAME OF THE YEAR. Either right the ship or continue the spiral downward. Win and contiunue to pursue the goals. Lose and just play out the season and hope for a winning record. This is the turning point, time for the WHOLE TEAM to step up. This is the only game that matters. As Elvis said “Its Now Or Never”. Go ‘dins!!
Calm down people.
We are doing good enough, go Furman.
 #35898  by CharlieFU
 Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:46 am
The good news: UNCG Isaiah Miller is a senior!
The bad news: He leads his team is points, rebounds, assists and steals.

Miller is only UNCG player averaging in double figures. 18ppg 7 more players average at least 5ppg.

WISH LIST Pugh off the bench and we get him a set/play/scheme to get him some shooting opportunities. He is deadly.

Slawson gets at least 10 points and 8 rebounds.

Mounce gets double figures points and rebounds.

We hold Miller to fewer points than his average.

We shoot at least 38% from 3

DINS WIN!
 #35899  by CharlieFU
 Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:56 am
Who would have guessed Slawson’s 3 pt % (34.8) would be 5 % higher than Gurley and 2 points higher than Bothwell? Hunter leads starters at 37.5%.

Pugh is 50+ %; see my “wish” above.
 #35909  by PaladinPower
 Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:30 pm
Game postponed due to Covid within Furman's program. Saturday game with UTC postponed due to Covid in both Furman and UTC's program. Probably caught it from ETUS who has shut down 4 times due to covid.
 #35910  by apaladin
 Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:38 pm
Dang, couldnt have come at a worst time as far as FU is concerned.
Last edited by apaladin on Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #35911  by Roundball
 Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:27 pm
I wonder if UNCG was already in town?

Just noticed this tweet.
 #35917  by soconjohn
 Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:05 pm
Why tweet that? What's the implication when tweeting that? Either that Furman was scared to play them or that Furman should have let them know sooner? I mean, they have a travel itinerary that they were following...You can test negative one day and positive the next...Tweeting that does no good unless you're trying to insinuate some sort of conspiracy theory...Don't ask a coach about conspiracy theories when it comes to the well-being of student athletes, nor should it be implied by this reporter that something else was to this postponement...Good food for thought...Health concerns take precedence over whether UNCG was already dressed for the game in Timmons or not, so I don't know why this was a tweetable thing.
 #35918  by Roundball
 Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:12 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:05 pm
Why tweet that? What's the implication when tweeting that? Either that Furman was scared to play them or that Furman should have let them know sooner? I mean, they have a travel itinerary that they were following...You can test negative one day and positive the next...Tweeting that does no good unless you're trying to insinuate some sort of conspiracy theory...Don't ask a coach about conspiracy theories when it comes to the well-being of student athletes, nor should it be implied by this reporter that something else was to this postponement...Good food for thought...Health concerns take precedence over whether UNCG was already dressed for the game in Timmons or not, so I don't know why this was a tweetable thing.
Come on SoCon. I had asked the question, wondering if they were already in town. Within minutes, I saw the tweet. I simply answer the question. My goodness. I was not trying to imply anything.
 #35919  by soconjohn
 Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:15 pm
Lol you know I am kidding...haha it does suck if they were already here though...The reporter did insinuate that by saying they were already in town though....should have just left it at ppd