• We all lay an egg sometimes

#3585  by Afurmanfan
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:29 pm
And we did. Elon is very good- their qb is really good and their defense is really good. We played poorly but I know this staff and this team will not quit.
Let’s get out there and support this team Saturday.
Remember the Clemson - Syracuse or Clemson -Pitt the last two years? Ugly!!
They still had a pretty good season.
So can we.
dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #3588  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:49 pm
Agree. I'll be there.

But my concern lies with the lack of some plays today that we ran last year - it's one thing to run same plays and just have a bad day w fumbles etc. it's another when we seem to be a different team w different plays. And our OL play appeared pre-2017. Those two,items worry me.
 #3595  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:18 pm
I'll be there too. CCH said on the postgame show that he still believes in this team and they have SOME talent. He said we were in the same position last year. The only difference between last year and this year is that last year we could have easily been 2-1. This year we haven't scored except in garbage time and have been blown out both games. There is a huge difference between last year and this year. People have said that HR was the best option when they have watched practice. Now understand that. Is it time to give Sisson a chance? Agree about the offensive line, they are doing a good job either.
 #3607  by Afurmanfan
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:12 pm
Am sure our coaches did not suddenly forget the plays they called last year that worked. But you call plays that your personnel can execute. We had an experienced qb, a great fight end who could linebackers could not cover etc. Two freshman qb’s. limit you, especially early in the season. Bear Bryant said you would lose one game for every freshman who plays a lot. I am sure that Corey Watkins, JeMar, Darren, Braden Gilby, DeJuan etc will become fine players- but they are freshman. We are very young but will get better- but it takes a while for these guys to develop. Looking at the first two recruiting classes they have signed gives me a lot of hope, but I believe we are a year or two ( or three) from being the excellent caliber team I believe our staff will deliver. This is year two of some pretty mediocre recruiting classes over the last several years.
 #3628  by furman88
 Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:29 pm
I want to agree this was a bad performance based on young players and players lost but I don't see Elon being 48 points better from last year. We were beat in every phase of the game, really were never in the game from the kick off. We were definately outcoached and outplayed. Looked to me we were going thru the motions with running plays that Elon was waiting for. Elon was the more physical team by far. I know this is all negative but this is what I saw. Time to circle the wagons. Hope Im wrong.